Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-22-14, 06:08 PM   #1
5n4fu1
Watch

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0
Default Mission Help Request [10.000 topics read]

Ahoy skippers,

So, i feel kind of stupid to ask this question now, specially since you [and other forums] had tons of more or less the same topics before.. but i can't get the Coastal Waters Mission cross to turn BOLD..

I finished the mission objective [25k tons sunk - lite campaign mod], i received a message saying mission complete with a green checkmark, no more orange on the map.. mission progress bar is full except for a tiny bit at the end..

when sending a status report it just tells me to continue patrol.. i went to homebase anyways since i have no "sink here" symbol visible anymore..

back in Kiel [has the blue submarine icon] when asking for my mission, i get the same talk as before, displaying the same 2 missions.. i can't request coastal waters anymore, though.. yet the cross is not bold and the progress bar is only almost full..

so now i'm thinking to load the "arriving at kiel" file and just return to the british east coast as i read something about roaming the mission area for 3 days? not sure about that because after roughly 3 days i got a new area assigned [where i sunk another merchant leading to the green checkmark and vanishing the orange "sink here" symbol]...

i also read that a cracked version of SH5 causes missions to misbehave.. i just want to make clear that i am not using such a version but a legitimate [still cheap] SH5 Gold Edition and opened up an uplay account just for sh5..

any help or hints on how to proceed here are much appreciated..
5n4fu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14, 06:33 PM   #2
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

It would seem logical that if your tonnage bar is not totally full then you have not completed the task.

If you complete your mission early you cannot start a new one until you reach the next mission starting time.

I think this is a problem with the 'lite version' less to do but the same time scale!
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14, 06:47 PM   #3
5n4fu1
Watch

Thank you!

Might be the lite version indeed.. I sunk ca 48k in the assigned region, now taking into account that the original requirement is 50k [and 25k in the light version], it seems possible that the tonnage bar is still tied to the original requirement and not the modded one, hence displaying as almost full?

I could request the other of the first 2 displayed missions when in the dock at Kiel [the one regarding the south western supply routes], just not Coastal Waters.. might be that it's cleared in the mod, but not yet in the unmodded part of the game [i don't know too much about the inner structure of it]..
Old 04-23-14, 02:19 PM   #4
THEBERBSTER

I played this a very long time ago and everything seemed ok at the time. I have just read the Lite 1.2 readme and it takes everything into account, so you should not really be having problems!
Old 04-23-14, 04:35 PM   #5
5n4fu1
Watch

Well, i'll be shipping back to the coastal line now, resupply at Helgoland en route..
Since there's no orange symbol anywhere i'll just roam the area for a cpl of days and will sink whatever i spot.. will post here if i have news.. thx again for your commitment!
Old 04-23-14, 07:18 PM   #6
THEBERBSTER

If you finish your patrol too early select, "End Patrol" go to the officer and start the new patrol even though it will still be your old one.

When on the bridge go to the "Anchor icon" and select "End Patrol"

Go back to the officer and repeat until you have made up enough days to start your new mission.
Old 04-23-14, 07:27 PM   #7
5n4fu1
Watch

i went back to mission area and sunk another vessel.. most likely making up for the originally requested 50k tons, and now the cross is highlighted/bold..

didn't receive any message or anything, it just auto-saved at that moment.. went back to homeport [now Bremerhaven], still received the same briefing intro, but as before the coastal lines mission wasn't selectable anymore, just this time the cross was bold as well.. i just selected the other mission of the initial 2 and will just go ahead with that.. if i finish before the due date [which will probably be the case] i'll proceed with your last suggestion until due date or whenever new missions will show up.. thx again!
Old 04-24-14, 04:53 AM   #8
THEBERBSTER

Ths is the why I gave up on this mod.

I was completing the missions so early sometimes as much as 6 weeks or more and to be honest I just got bored with it.

One time I did over 20 start and End Patrol's to be able to get to the next mission.

My fault for only setting 3 days in the Bunker.

I think I was in Mare Nostrum Campaign at the time.

You can advance through the Campaigns quickly with the Lite mod.

It was in my early days with SH5 so at the time is was a useful way of getting in to the game without any pressure.
Old 04-24-14, 05:27 AM   #9
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Mission vs patrol

I think it was a miss-use of the word mission in the game texts. The mission has a time frame and a tonnage expectation to be reached. The mission is not a patrol, but actually as many patrols as you can do during the date range.

If you reach the tonnage goal that does not end the mission. If the date of the end of mission comes along and you have not got the tonnage, you fail the mission. That is true no matter how many patrols you took during the mission date range.
Old 04-24-14, 06:10 PM   #10
5n4fu1
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
It was in my early days with SH5 so at the time is was a useful way of getting in to the game without any pressure.
This is the exact reason why i'm playing with this mod. Been only diving with SH4 U-Boot Missions until recently and since the whole interface etc is new i thought i better go that route. I already read a lot about TDW's new UI, but it was said somewhere that it can be a bit heavy on the fps and my old laptop is barely running SH5..

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond6751 View Post
I think it was a miss-use of the word mission in the game texts. The mission has a time frame and a tonnage expectation to be reached. The mission is not a patrol, but actually as many patrols as you can do during the date range.

If you reach the tonnage goal that does not end the mission. If the date of the end of mission comes along and you have not got the tonnage, you fail the mission. That is true no matter how many patrols you took during the mission date range.
So the mission did not end yet since the due date is not reached.. However, the orange "sink here" symbol disappeared after sinking somewhat below 50k [as a reminder, lite campaign tonnage goal is 25k] and the green checkmark for "goal reached" (weak translation, i'm using the German version) appeared, but the mission cross only turned BOLD after sinking 50k in the assigned area.. in both cases i didn't receive a message for a new mission/return to port from BdU, but i could only request the other mission..

Guess i have loads of time for that one since both due dates are 8 months away.. should have some spare time for sneaking into some ports left