SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-26-11, 01:38 AM   #1
Systemlord
Gunner

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default AA guns not firing straight???

I can't seem to get my AA guns firing straight, every time I fire my AA guns the bullets shoot off to the side rather than directly at the bulls eye. I originally had SH4 which I might add had little to no bugs and now the gold edition, the U-boat Missions seem to carry over all of the bugs from the previous game. Also my crew no longer asks to man the AA guns (Engage/Maintain Orders/Dive to Periscope depth) when an air craft is spotted, just like it did in SH3! I remember in SH3 that rebooting the computer fixed the AA guns from shooting off to the sides. It doesn't seem to fix it anymore, how sad!
Systemlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 09:27 AM   #2
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

What mods are you using? I've never encountered the problems you cite.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 02:43 PM   #3
Systemlord
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
What mods are you using? I've never encountered the problems you cite.
No mods whatsoever, running the most current v1.5. Then there's the torpedo glitch that sometimes sets the torpedo's running depth 25ft. at first click of a torpedo tube, go to another tube and back seems to return the running depth where it was actually set. SH4 v1.4 seemed much more stable and never had any issues, these U-boat Missions (Gold Edition) seems more problematic. I imagine it is because the U-boat Missions uses the older graphic engine from SH3 which was buggy as hell! I upgraded my twin flak guns last night and that seemed to shoot a lot more towards the bulls eye than the single flak guns. Sometimes when an enemy aircraft is spotted, the action select-able menu does not appear, example Engage Aircraft, Maintain Orders and Dive To Periscope Depth.
Old 07-28-11, 06:36 AM   #4
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

I started a U-Boat mission and confirmed what you are seeing with the AA guns (at least the 20mm - I didn't try the 40 mm). They definitely shoot to the right, maybe 10 degrees off the aiming point. Must be a glitch in the U-Boat series, but does not occur (at least for me) on the US boats.

As for the torpedo depth settings, if you lock the target, the depth is automatically set for the selected tube, even if you had set it before locking. You can leave it locked and reset the depth to the desired setting. All of this is for the automatic targeting, of course. I have no idea how it might be affected in manual targeting, etc. because I hate math and don't use it!

Hope this is helpful. Good hunting.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-11, 05:15 AM   #5
Systemlord
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I started a U-Boat mission and confirmed what you are seeing with the AA guns (at least the 20mm - I didn't try the 40 mm). They definitely shoot to the right, maybe 10 degrees off the aiming point. Must be a glitch in the U-Boat series, but does not occur (at least for me) on the US boats.

As for the torpedo depth settings, if you lock the target, the depth is automatically set for the selected tube, even if you had set it before locking. You can leave it locked and reset the depth to the desired setting. All of this is for the automatic targeting, of course. I have no idea how it might be affected in manual targeting, etc. because I hate math and don't use it!

Hope this is helpful. Good hunting.
Well at least the bigger flak canons fire straight, perhaps there are those who never actually fire the AA guns and just let gunmen do all the work. I agree that the US boats (SH4) are a lot less glitchy.
Old 10-07-11, 06:25 PM   #6
Captain J. Borne
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3

I've also noticed this bug. I just don't use that gun. The 40mm Works well

SH3 + GWX3.0, SH4(v1.5), SH5
Laptop:
IntelCore2Duo 2.4 GHZ (4MB L2 Cache)
17 Inch Glossy Widescreen
ATI Radeon X1600 (256mb Dedicated)