SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-24-10, 03:16 PM   #1
Pilot_76
Chief

Downloads: 427
Uploads: 0
Merging Pacific and Atlantic traffc

Hi

Does anyone know which .mis files to merge to get both Atlantic and Pacific default campaign traffic altogether on a single mission or custom war patrol??

thanks
Pilot_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-10, 03:21 PM   #2
iowa101
Commodore

Downloads: 199

I wouldn't even know how to begin answering that one, i have only ever tried to make a basic mission, i didn't even know you could merge

I would back up any file before you attempt that, so that it you do mess anything up you can easily replace the files you tinker with.

I know not great advice, but if someone has indeed done this before it would be reasonable to wait and hear from them before continuing with it.

Not to say don't try, just to be careful

"A good Navy is not a provocation to war. It is the surest guaranty of peace."
iowa101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-10, 06:16 PM   #3
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot_76 View Post
Hi

Does anyone know which .mis files to merge to get both Atlantic and Pacific default campaign traffic altogether on a single mission or custom war patrol??

thanks
Depends on what mods you are using. The US and German Campaign use different files to load traffic.

In stock game:
US traffic is loaded by: Data/Campaigns/Campaign/Campaign.cfg

German "Uboat Add on" traffic is loaded by: Data/Campaigns/CampaignGE/CampaignGE.cfg.

So if you are using a MOD that adds more Atlantic traffic you would need to combine file to get what you want.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-10, 06:45 PM   #4
Pilot_76
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa101 View Post
I wouldn't even know how to begin answering that one, i have only ever tried to make a basic mission, i didn't even know you could merge

I would back up any file before you attempt that, so that it you do mess anything up you can easily replace the files you tinker with.

I know not great advice, but if someone has indeed done this before it would be reasonable to wait and hear from them before continuing with it.

Not to say don't try, just to be careful
I think it's just a matter of not replacing the original .mis file and saving as another name (i.e. your mission name).
Old 11-24-10, 06:55 PM   #5
Pilot_76
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
Depends on what mods you are using. The US and German Campaign use different files to load traffic.

In stock game:
US traffic is loaded by: Data/Campaigns/Campaign/Campaign.cfg

German "Uboat Add on" traffic is loaded by: Data/Campaigns/CampaignGE/CampaignGE.cfg.

So if you are using a MOD that adds more Atlantic traffic you would need to combine file to get what you want.

Peabody
I'm still a bit confused. I think the cfg files are loading instructions as to which .mis files to load on SM and SPatrols or campaigns but I think I could merge the .mis to have everything in one .mis

What I want to do is to have the choice of leaving port to either Pacific OR Atlantic but having random/normal traffic from both SH4 and UBM. I did this because I wanted to test something and in 1943 on a Single Mission I created (default traffic only) I went all the way from Pearl Harbor to Europe (Kiel) and didn't spot anything. Europe traffic lanes were deserted as if there was no war at all there

I just want to have a World-wide traffic in a single patrol so if I go to the Atlantic I'll get Uboats/German convoys to deal with and then go to Japan and engage Jap convoys all in one shot.
Old 11-25-10, 04:57 AM   #6
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot_76 View Post
I'm still a bit confused. I think the cfg files are loading instructions as to which .mis files to load on SM and SPatrols or campaigns but I think I could merge the .mis to have everything in one .mis

What I want to do is to have the choice of leaving port to either Pacific OR Atlantic but having random/normal traffic from both SH4 and UBM. I did this because I wanted to test something and in 1943 on a Single Mission I created (default traffic only) I went all the way from Pearl Harbor to Europe (Kiel) and didn't spot anything. Europe traffic lanes were deserted as if there was no war at all there

I just want to have a World-wide traffic in a single patrol so if I go to the Atlantic I'll get Uboats/German convoys to deal with and then go to Japan and engage Jap convoys all in one shot.
I don't think the stock game has any Atlantic traffic.

And in the Pacific you would be in a US sub attacking Japanese ships since that is the original game.
If you use the Uboat add on, you would be in a Uboat engaging Allied ships in the Indian Ocean.
If you combine all files into one, that would be one gigantic file. And you would be sinking US ships one day and Japanese ships the next.

Also if you merged the files to create one, you have to make sure you merge them as saveable.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-12, 03:43 AM   #7
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488

hey peabody hi how are you...i was trying to copy the single german missions from silent hunter 3 to sh4 but it crashed after 5 seconds....any help how can i convert them?
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote