SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-31-19, 03:25 PM   #1
FreierVogel
Swabbie

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Support Sound Issues

Greetings everyone!

I have been having trouble with SH3 not having any sound. I initially thought it was something with GWX, so I deleted everything and did a clean install (from steam) but there is still no sound in game after the intro credits.
Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? Ive read over everything in the guides and other posts and have not been able to find a solution.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
FreierVogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-19, 06:41 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

FreierVogel!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-19, 07:09 PM   #3
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: Sound issues...

Did you go into the options menu & check to make sure that sound was set to on, by chance.? That, is the only thing I can think of that might cause no sound to be heard, after the intro.
Old 03-31-19, 08:40 PM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Humm...I'm not playing SH3+GWX at the moment, but looking in my notes and files I see that I have added a personal mod just to make the music play in the game...so hey, I cannot really have sound problems
BUT: that could also mean that by default there is NO music in-game with GWX, and so no music in the menu. You can check that by going in the data\Sound folder. It should contain 5 folders, with a total of 19.480 sound files. My mod has added 35 music files in the music folder for a total of 42 files.

Have you applied the 4GB patch for SH3? Also you need to start the game in Admin mode, you can set the shortcut accordingly.

The GWX package consists of a behemoth manual of 500+ pages and I urge you to read the special section about configuration and specific error solving, there is an entire chapter for that.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 03-31-19 at 09:12 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-19, 09:49 PM   #5
FreierVogel
Swabbie

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Humm...I'm not playing SH3+GWX at the moment, but looking in my notes and files I see that I have added a personal mod just to make the music play in the game...so hey, I cannot really have sound problems
BUT: that could also mean that by default there is NO music in-game with GWX, and so no music in the menu. You can check that by going in the data\Sound folder. It should contain 5 folders, with a total of 19.480 sound files. My mod has added 35 music files in the music folder for a total of 42 files.

Have you applied the 4GB patch for SH3? Also you need to start the game in Admin mode, you can set the shortcut accordingly.

The GWX package consists of a behemoth manual of 500+ pages and I urge you to read the special section about configuration and specific error solving, there is an entire chapter for that.
Thank you!

For some reason my PC wasn't registering me as an admin. Went into the files and changed it now everythings running smoothly.

Feel kinda dumb for not thinking of that lol.
FreierVogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-19, 10:27 PM   #6
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Glad that you sorted it out. There are indeed very few problems with GWX if you follow the manual's recommendations.

Good hunting!
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 07:52 AM   #7
Pappy55
Engineer

Downloads: 173

I get the sound bugging out sometimes. I usually fix this by going to the map view or another view quickly. It normally happens after going from a high time compression to pause or after going to the menu to save etc.
Old 04-23-19, 04:20 AM   #8
SARIN THR33
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 5
Default New User

attempting to run SH3 after a looooong hiatus on WIN10 with GWX mod.

any assistance appreciated.

doing a disk install

Ive not modded SH3 before but done a little with Panzer Corps, Fallout an the Total War series.

prons give sh5 a go as well. found a dvd copy in my drawer i never got around to playing!

Last edited by SARIN THR33; 04-23-19 at 04:35 AM.
SARIN THR33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help needed, sh3, sh3 gwx 3.0