SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-09-08, 05:30 AM   #46
jaumem
Swabbie

Downloads: 113
Uploads: 0

I think i've found a bug. My Yamato only sink up to 93 feet!

(sorry about my english XD)
jaumem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-08, 05:55 AM   #47
Fire_Spy
Mate

Downloads: 25

Hey there,
These are the mods I am using at this time ;
NSM4 Classic, PE3,RFB and RSRDC_RFBv15.

Ive added the yamato last and it works fine.. for the most part. tends to crash a bit when I assume i am being sunk.

I ran into a rather large US taskforce and it was great, Shells flying everywhere.
1 US destroyer rammed me and was kind of sliding along the side of me when it just crashed to the desk top.

Alot of fun tho..
The Russians knew where the carrier group was, but it would move in the four hours required by the bombers to get there. Their missiles needed precise information if they were to home in on the raid's primary target, the two American and one French carrier, or the mission was a wasted effort.

The game was hide and seek, played over a million square miles of ocean. The losers died.
Fire_Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-08, 11:55 AM   #48
difool2
Commander

Downloads: 30

Yeah the AI will need to be tweaked when those big surface mods go live. Right now the DDs think you are a submarine and attack you as if you were-thus the "ramming" attempts. You can even hear them pinging when they get close.
difool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-08, 02:06 PM   #49
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by difool2
Yeah the AI will need to be tweaked when those big surface mods go live. Right now the DDs think you are a submarine and attack you as if you were-thus the "ramming" attempts. You can even hear them pinging when they get close.
I hear you and we will try to fix it

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-08, 08:48 PM   #50
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Spy
Hey there,
These are the mods I am using at this time ;
NSM4 Classic, PE3,RFB and RSRDC_RFBv15.
it works fine.. for the most part. tends to crash a bit when I assume i am being sunk.
1 US destroyer rammed me and was kind of sliding along the side of me when it just crashed to the desk top.
problems
Quote:
NSM4 Classic
here
Quote:
PE3,RFB and RSRDC_RFBv15.
there, there aand there

all of those mods are conflicting with each other....
RFB uses a better version of NSM, if you don't like how the mechanics work in RFB, its understandable, however, this will mess up how the other ships act in the game as far as collision mechanics go, it will also mess up the mechanics of the yamato herself.
RFB also has PE4 fully integrated. have fun!
the settings PE3 uses are different than the RFB "historical" settings. it has PE4 rigged for RFB so you dont lose historical accuracy, which i'm sure you want.

EDIT: ivank, it dont matter if you are a PT boat, sub, or a superbattleship, destroyers will attack you.
lets not forget the "tin can" attack on a battleline of nip cruisers and managed to sink or damage them all?
maybe have a shadowing option open so they stay out of your gunnery range? i love having Yamato's 18 inchers at my fingertips (evil laugh here)
but they are useless against a destroyer watching you outta range
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!

Last edited by Sledgehammer427; 11-09-08 at 08:54 PM.
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-08, 09:29 PM   #51
Fire_Spy
Mate

Downloads: 25

Ahh I wasnt sure if it did or not.. I can fix that easily enough.. thanks!
The Russians knew where the carrier group was, but it would move in the four hours required by the bombers to get there. Their missiles needed precise information if they were to home in on the raid's primary target, the two American and one French carrier, or the mission was a wasted effort.

The game was hide and seek, played over a million square miles of ocean. The losers died.
Fire_Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-08, 05:44 PM   #52
tomhugill
Planesman

Downloads: 23

New vresion with miners skin up now!
tomhugill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-08, 10:22 PM   #53
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 108

it almost doesn't seem fair...
Old 11-11-08, 03:08 AM   #54
tomhugill
Planesman

To be honest , whilst slaughtering convoys looks pretty its not really how the Japanese used their bb in ww2 (the germans initially yes). It is fun to fight task forces , and if they include the newer bb (iowa , KGV etc) they will give you a serious run for your money. As its is entirly possible to take an unlucky hit to the engine room which will knock out all your engines and your fuel. I do take your point though, this was ntended as an excersise in making surface ships more playable. The next step (for the campgaign anway) is in manipulating the controlable units and making more realistic objectives for the BBs such as attacking task forces (with ai backup) and possibly support simulated landings and that kind of thing. There still some very good missions with this ships in mind , and a couple written for peabodys fuso which with the permisison of the author ill post that have been modded for the yamato.
Old 11-11-08, 12:47 PM   #55
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

hmmmm, i am writing an alternate-history book about the yamato going off on its own after 1942 (because there is no way we would suspect such a thing) and just go about blowing the s*** out of everything...it will still explode in the end...
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Old 11-11-08, 01:53 PM   #56
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

my skins (obviously) have a deck fix (mahogany, since ubi didnt put a crysanthemum on the yamato) i hope miners looks just as good!
Old 11-11-08, 04:51 PM   #57
tomhugill
Planesman

If you could mail me a copy of yours ill be happy to include them
Old 11-11-08, 05:33 PM   #58
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

they are on my file front, but i have refined them a little, so, i will have them up tomorrow
Old 11-12-08, 11:39 PM   #59
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

It is remarkable to see this splendid ship in game, indeed the IJN doctrine for BB was fleet to fleet that was their hope all thru the war, but they never really got a chance to see that happen as they had eliminated the BB squadrons that they had planned and wargamed against for years at Pearl. And by the time there were significant Allied BB assets in the Pacific the IJN BB fleet was decimated and tactics had changed dramatically due to the carrier task force coming to the fore in naval to naval planning. The IJN even had some very strange hybrid conversions part carrier part BB. Remarkable times.

The final run of the Yamamoto was the IJN's final refusal to accept the deep change in the make up of successful surface combat, tho the BB lingered in the hearts of the Big Gun admirals even in the USN to see the New Jersey and Iowa return to service for one last curtain call, though partly altered to be missle platforms.

This and the other IJN BB's and the USN Iowa and I think i saw a Repulse but it may be for 1.4 and unplayable....there is hope still for some heavies to get into it. Is there a KGV? I saw that mentioned, i suppose that is in the game, but not playable ....

anyway, this is very wonderful to see, a magnificent ship indeed.

Last edited by Admiral Von Gerlach; 11-12-08 at 11:41 PM.
Admiral Von Gerlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-08, 07:02 AM   #60
tomhugill
Planesman

There is a kgv but the damage models nto been done 100% yet , if u want ill email you