SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-26-09, 03:00 AM   #271
kakemann
Samurai Navy

Location: Pretty close to the big german cruiser Blücher in Norway
Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy

so people really did like my Live AI ships idea? Cool. I could help you with my original version but Asanovic7 is going to have to help you out with the ported one.
I loved the idea, but just can't get it to work.
It was very well described, but there should be something I'm not doing right.
I see I posted in the wrong thread here, because I used your original version. Just went to the wrong thread and posted here.

I have posted a new post in your thread.
kakemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-09, 05:04 AM   #272
asanovic7
Captain

Downloads: 70
Default geez louise

Have to say it..

As said, been playing gta 4..

I cannot understand computer geekos around the world.. On my pc the game drags with barely 10 fps, but I love it.. I bare with it.. Pushing people off the station on a oncoming train is a gem.. :rotfl: About 150 ways to kill somebody.. :rotfl:
Some of the conversations and fights remind me of some situations :rotfl: .. Like a conversation where guy speaks of "slipping soap situations" in american prisons.. I asked my friend: how was it? is there any banging? No, man, that's american thing.. :rotfl: Best joke: " whole bacon factory is outside.." hehehehe

Shure, I have some complaints on the pronounciation and some of the rubbish the guy speaks of(that can be explained by Americans, but I can see they had some consultants).

But to curse a game for being without aa(that should stand for antialiasing, right??)..

I will never understand why people can't see that having a game that allows you to kill cops and f..k a whore.. It is just essential... :rotfl: Damn..
Damn geeks..

Talking about bacon factory.. :rotfl:

So, any comments on the smokes??????
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-09, 03:54 PM   #273
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200
Default Some questions for you

Hi to you and a request for clarification -

First up the original RB was or is very good and your additions to it are too - though I can never get the attached optional extras, oilfires and lifeboats to work,

However - here's my question

I notice a couple of activated mods listed as used when testing this therey are as follows

interior dive planes,
OLC'S Ubermod 2.41,
OLCE2,
olceguispecial for olce,
shipbuoyancy

I've been waiting for IAMBECOMELIFE's Merchant Fleet in order to go 100% realism ingame, when I was hoping to use OLC mod - I cant find 2.41 or OLC2, but did find OLC Gold is this one and the same, there's not much to explain it in the mod just three install files

Olceguispecial for olce - I have never heard of this mod - Can you provide a DL link or info

Shipbuoyancy - I thought some one was working on something like this but that it is not finished - Can you provide a DL link or info

Interior dive planes - Is this just the camera view in the sub simulating your sub diving and surfacing or is this something different - If it is I'd be very interested to read up on it

I'd be very interested to know what other mods your using

Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovic7
NEW! SEVEN!

Hello!
Before I say what is this about, here is a link to this thread:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=124207

Racerboy made that wonderful mod for sh3, if you read post up there you will know what he added to the game. Lots of his life hours went to this mod. Since he got away I was doing this mod..
Finally, he is back!

CHEERS TO HIM!

That's about the intro to this stuff.

This is an effect mod (that means it covers all fires, smokes, explosions, trails, and such things you see in game) for GWX 2.1. The best way to enable is when you are in port.

This is eight release, just an update, nothing much. Test it..

TAKE NOTE!!! NOTA BENE!!!
These pics were taken on original GWX 2.1 scenery and some with OLC ubermod or OLCE2, ofcourse on GWX 2.1. It is much the same explosion, only smokes are slightly different..

The mods also used while taking those pics AND PLAYING with this mod are sukhoi's das boot faces, torpedo damage final v2, lifeboats v2a, v3b, waterstream v4, LRT, interior dive planes, open hatch, sboot, OLC'S Ubermod 2.41, OLCE2, olceguispecial for olce, shipbuoyancy, just to name the few..

Look at that superman flying to the rescue of the other little brother superman!!!

Final moments of this destroyer as seen by me (NOTE: this pic was taken on LITE version of this mod), in full version this looks somewhat better..

Version 2.04C:
-fixed oil smokes not dissapearing after the fire vanishes
-I fixed his major bug with smokes, they are not dissappearing anymore
-reduced some minor things(funnels and such)
The pics from that release are here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...3&postcount=42

Version 2.04D:
- adjusted smokes to look more windy
- adjusted some values to, with olc's approval, make this mod "more" compatible to his ubermod
- added "little if any" feature

Version 2.04e:
- added lite version
- fixed distress flare
- added bonus - flags for some uboots(2d7b. 9b, 7c, 9c but "some" because not for all versions of those boots and made a version compatible to ubermod)
- added some new work from d.kruger
- made the mod compatible to lrt 2.02 final
- made new texture for smokes - easiest part
- redid the smokes
- added fake wind effect to smokes

Version 2.04f:
- removed the addon flags from the main mod
- fixed some little mistakes
- removed "hurricane" effect(funnel smoke in one, fire smoke in other direction)
- reduced the size of fires
- removed the second flag and my custom models for 9c(messes 9d2)
- added the flag to every turm in game that had flag stick originally

Version 2.04f1:
- fixed warship funnels
- added sukhoi's all das boot officer faces(complete mod)
- added empty campaign files

Version 7.1:
- please read readme included for details and some of my aims and thoughts in the contenplations section

Ok, on my ff page you will find this file(hope they function properly):

1. Rbs_SH4_effects_204f1.rar

old version also works on GWX 3.0

2. Rbs8Flagis.rar

This is the addon with flags for GWX 2.1 uboots. But only for those uboots that had flag pole or stick originally on the turm. For other uboots, I have to eat some more..

3. Rbs8Flagiswithoutreflect.rar

This is the same addon as Rbs8Flagis but with removed reflections to make it compatible to OLC UBERMOD'S remove GWX 2.1 reflections

3. Rbs sh4 effects gwx 30 71.rar

The new version..

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THEM HERE!!!

Possible and actual bugs, to improve and fix(this should be last?):
- check out page 4 for info on the subject
- when stuff ejects to the surface of the water after the sinking of the ship, effect like depth charge appears and vanishes rather quickly , maybe I can fix that later, but the oil spot is black
- when you hit your own torpedo with a torpedo, there are debris flying in the air, though original torpedo continues to run
- writting of this thread is hard, cheers to all the merrymen who wrote stuff like this NEW! It's easier than making the mod..

The only real drops of fps:
1. When big oil explosion or splinter explosion starts, many generators start and that kills fps, it lasts for few seconds, but after that everything is ok
2. when oil burns on the surface, it "mingles" with smokes from regular fires, so when you get close to it, fps drops you will encounter- currently can't do nothing about that

About the compatibility:
- without risk(check it!) ONLY with GWX 2.1(by the way exiting Kiel is now something my computer doesn't like, but I like it very much)!!!
- compatible with olc ubermod, enable this mod after olc's
- compatible with waterstream mod, enable this after the mod
- life boat mod, howto is explained in the readme of this mod(READ IT!!!!)
- lrt 2.02 final
- sboot mod
- any other mod not messing this files, ofcourse if they are for gwx 2.1
NOTE! v204d add some things to sea folder so sea folder is needed, BUT NOT CRUCIAL, the worst thing could happen your warship has a smoke like merchant..
- can be used with special effects v1.00(try first, then shoot), you can see my pic on humorous sh3 pics thread..
- can't be used or DON'T USE IT WITH ENHANCED DAMAGE EFFECTS!!!!
- I think since I worked on origigi Rb particle file(I can't check all the effects and generators) and since it has some minor new stuff from GWX 2.1 that this mod is playable with gwx 2.0, try it!
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...4&postcount=88

That's about it. This is the release numero seven, don't be hard on me, if it works 100% ok with gwx 2.1, still not shure but I'm 99.9999%, ok not that much, I will continue rb's work, although, huh would be better he does it.

Thanks go to:
GWX team - for giving me the permission to use their files and for gwx 2.1
privateer - for support
phillip thomsen - for being the tester and an football fan
skwas - for his S3D 0.82, that new version really adds everything an unexperienced and a wonderer in hex(what is 7fa in decimal?) sh3 modder needs, great, without that programm all would be lost!
jscones - without JSGME no mod
maker of empty campaign - I don't know who that is, but thank you! without it no mod either, I would like to know who is that, cheers to him/her
jimbuna - for funny village people bears.. ok they were pigs.. I was in a hurry
rubini - for his life boats mod and allowing me to make this mod compatible
D.Kruger - His magnificient work is here, I admitt I didn't value his work much before, but I tried to something myself, it is very hard, HOORAY to him
NVdrifter - I made this mod compatible to his, but I can't find him for now, so I hope he will not be mad(LRT V202 FINAL)
mikhayl - for sboot mod and for being a cool guy
a6intruder - for testing and reporting(keep it on, mate!)
olc - for comming to the rescue and advice
ubergruber - for making me feel bad and giving me a good idea
Sukhoi - cannot understand him or get to him, but his mod(das boot faces) is in original state, so if anybody knows him, tell me!
my family - for making me such a sadist and a lover of painfull explanations
everybody - so many fans of the das boot.. I have to admitt, I don't have that film anymore. It was on VHS. My gf asked me to save some stupid, f....h movie and I accidentally erased it.

SEQUEL:
All law stuff is like rb said. Hope he doesn't sue me.
I wasn't shure will I add that or not. But it's kind a fun!
Try to use these files in commercial or any other way, as it is forbidden, I don't like to work, I will sue you.

Now, as you report possible bugs please can you follow this procedure:
1. if you see a bug, can you catch a screenie and post it?
2. explain the incident, why what where and who got involved
3. tell a good joke
4. report if you saw somewhere a nice thing that you feel might improve this mod
5. if you really feel that will improve this mod go bother that guy to let that things be used here
6. don't take seriously this last point
7. grab a beer

For wishes do as you please.
As bugs will rise day by day() and wishes I will edit the "possible and actual bugs, to fix or improve" section in the first part of the thread, and work on it. As I fix it or improve it(houp days least, someone said), I will erase it or add it or provide an explanation and I will tell about new uploads of files. I'll edit the thread whenever I have something new to say. It is nearly every day so don't hate me.

That's about that.

OH, YES!
Please, please, don't call me "Mr. Asanovic". Aljosha Asanovic is a soccer player I really liked to watch 1998. "Fiery elbow"!!! World championships and then I used this nick for internet. Call me asanovic7, or hey, you! or insult or whatever you like, just not mr. asanovic.

CHEERS!
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 03:07 AM   #274
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Downloads: 257
Uploads: 51

Asanovic:
Few minutes ago I was trying to d/l your FX mod but for some reason it says that the d/l failed. Could you please check it?
Thank you very much.
CapZap
Old 02-28-09, 10:43 AM   #275
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapZap1970
Asanovic:
Few minutes ago I was trying to d/l your FX mod but for some reason it says that the d/l failed. Could you please check it?
Thank you very much.
CapZap
I'm not sure he'll be responding....looks like he's been keelhauled

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 11:02 AM   #276
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

You are absoultely right, Jim. Didn't pay attention to it...
By any chance, do you have any idea where could I possibly find those mods?
It's good to see you again, my friend!
CapZap
Old 02-28-09, 11:19 AM   #277
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I'm afraid not mate....not something I've used

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 12:30 PM   #278
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
CapZap
hello Capzap,

you will find them here: http://hosted.filefront.com/Maik01/

at gwx3 mods folder. and you will find previous releases in other folders also

bye
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 12:59 PM   #279
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
...I don't play the game anymore, I just develop for it. But there are delayed effects (time based) in my version like secondary explosions that I'm pretty sure don't exist in GWX since I found a controller that noone has ever used before... .
For the sake of confusion control, GWX users who elect to use the 'Enhanced Damage Effects' mod included with our work since the release of GWX 2.0 over a year ago... will observe delayed and secondary effects (such as trailing oil slicks and secondary/delayed explosions) These effects emit from various stricken units as they absorb progressive damage from flooding etc. It is not a new idea... nor did we 'borrow' or 'steal' the idea from you. (Racerboy)

Quote:
...My version also gives lots of debris and that debris floats on the water some time before sinking away to the abiss. Not sure that GWX does that either. GWX can't do the effects that I can do because they are keeping the framerates to a level that is compatible to something or another. So their's is a compromise to keep framerates decent. Mine will make your video card work (I currently have an 8800GTX and it doesn't even break a sweat).
Which one to use is a decision for you to make. If your video card and computer can handle it then I would use mine. If your framerates stumble using mine then use theirs.
It will be some time before anyone ever sees this but RFX will put everything to shame.
Visual effects and/or textures can be made to be as large as you please, to the point of choking systems etc. as they pass through engine bottlenecks on loading. I think that many modders simply don't realize that reworking stock texture sizes can yield similar results without the increased system demand.

By all means, do what you will... but you should avoid misinforming GWX users concerning the intent/content of our work.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 03:45 PM   #280
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94
Quote:
CapZap
hello Capzap,

you will find them here: http://hosted.filefront.com/Maik01/

at gwx3 mods folder. and you will find previous releases in other folders also

bye
Thanks a lot!!!
D/l right now!
CapZap
Old 03-01-09, 03:48 AM   #281
Desga
Navy Dude

Downloads: 87
Default a link to download Rbs_SH4_effects_204f1.rar

Hi people to day I have seen asanovic7's filefront page here I have seen the version

Rbs_SH4_effects_204f1.rar

I try to download it but when downloaad is starting I have seen this message...

Your download has failed. The file you are attempting to download is restricted to an access group of which you are not a member.

Do I make some error ?
or must I have a special acess to your folefront page??

there is some other mate that has the version

Thank to all for help

Ciao Desga

Desga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 05:45 AM   #282
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desga
Hi people to day I have seen asanovic7's filefront page here I have seen the version

I try to download it but when downloaad is starting I have seen this message...

Your download has failed. The file you are attempting to download is restricted to an access group of which you are not a member.

Do I make some error ?
or must I have a special acess to your folefront page??

there is some other mate that has the version

Thank to all for help

Ciao Desga

Find it under my Sig.
Best regards
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 07:21 AM   #283
Desga
Navy Dude

Downloads: 87
Hi Mate
thank for your help I have found to your page Rbs_SH4_effects_204f1.rar but i have seen that the size is only 9.40 mb .....in the asanovic's filefront page I have seen that the original size is 25.74 MB (26,985,298 Bytes)
will I have the same graphic results ?

Thank again Desga

Desga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 02:16 PM   #284
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desga
Hi Mate
thank for your help I have found to your page Rbs_SH4_effects_204f1.rar but i have seen that the size is only 9.40 mb .....in the asanovic's filefront page I have seen that the original size is 25.74 MB (26,985,298 Bytes)
will I have the same graphic results ?

Thank again Desga
Hi Mate,
i did not change anything but repack with 7Z.
Best regards
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 06:13 PM   #285
coronas
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 39

@A6Intruder: You have a PM