SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-13-17, 11:42 PM   #1096
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default welcome aboard firsttime poster!

PAHKaptain! & starkwolf!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 05:16 AM   #1097
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > PAHKaptain
A Warm Welcome Also To > starkwolf
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Highly Recommended SH3 > LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod > 99.99% Stable > Full Tutorials And Much More In My Signature
SFSF-MODULE - The New Solution for "Steam" & "Starforce"
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 08:21 AM   #1098
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAHKaptain View Post
The SH3 Commander download only downloads a document full of code. Useless for me.
Try my link below and welcome to SubSim

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0a6ne3...r_CFGFiles.exe

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 10:57 AM   #1099
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAHKaptain View Post
The SH3 Commander download only downloads a document full of code. Useless for me.
I just double-checked the download, and it works fine. What you get is a 7-Zip folder, which of course needs 7-Zip to open. After that you'll get the auto-installer. No problem.
Old 06-10-17, 09:47 AM   #1100
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 2

Having an SH3 Commander problem.

I have recently gotten SH3 back on line. I purchased a new computer and xferred everything over to get it working. Remarkably, I have managed to get everything up and running with my old mod soup even while working around Steam.

However, I have run into a curious problem with SH3 Commander. After loading the game, in the base screen, none of my sub emblems show up in the Specials menu.

If the emblem is in the save file, it will show up in game. I know this as I xferred over my old career to do some experimenting and I moved around with the camera to make sure everything was going ok, and I saw the emblem. This was before I discovered the problem, which I found when starting a new career.

I have done some troubleshooting to narrow it down to Commander. If I have Commander rolled back and I start SH3, I can see the emblems in the Specials menu. If I start a new career later in the war using Commander, other Specials will show up such as the Alberich sub coating. If I start the game with Commander and then I don't roll it back, exit, then manually start SH3 without Commander, I don't see the emblems.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Commander. I can't imagine what would be happening that Commander could do that would result in the files not being seen by SH3 compared to if I just run SH3 without Commander. Have to admit this is a real head scratcher.

Any guesses?
rudewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-17, 04:06 PM   #1101
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

@rudewarrior

I confirm the behaviour you have described!! It could be SH3Cmdr though I must admit that I find it rather peculiar (like you, I guess) thus, I am not entirely sure if SH3Cmdr is solely responsible. Other than that, I haven't managed to solve this very bizarre issue!! Not to mention that my initial thought, was that my SHIII installation had somehow(?) become corrupted. I was very afraid that it all had to do with the basic.cfg file but, thankfully(?) this was not the case. I am sorry but I can offer nothing more. It is a mystery to me too!

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3

Last edited by tomfon; 06-10-17 at 04:35 PM.
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-17, 07:02 PM   #1102
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfon View Post
@rudewarrior

I confirm the behaviour you have described!!
Holy crap! I totally didn't expect anyone else to have this problem at all! I am pretty happy though, I thought that I wouldn't be able to play SH3 at all, but this seems to be the only problem I have found so far. I'm hoping that someone smarter than me will have this problem, at least smart enough to fix it. Not that I'd wish something bad on anyone, I just hope there is a person who is better at this stuff than me who can fix it.

Quote:
I am not entirely sure if SH3Cmdr is solely responsible.
I am not either. I wonder if it has to do with the OS. I have gone from a Windows 7 machine to Windows 10. Right now that is the only thing I can think of.
Old 06-11-17, 01:09 AM   #1103
Kpt. Graubart
Swabbie

Downloads: 7

Have you tried to run the SH3 Commander in the compatibility mode win 7 and as admin?
Old 06-11-17, 04:41 AM   #1104
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudewarrior View Post
I wonder if it has to do with the OS. I have gone from a Windows 7 machine to Windows 10. Right now that is the only thing I can think of.
These are my thoughts, exactly. However, I am running SHIII on a Windows 7 machine so I wouldn't bet that the problem lies only with Win10. A recent upgrade might have caused the issue, though. But I can't really provide an argument for this. I have been playing the game on the very same machine for quite a few years and I have never noticed this issue before.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
Old 06-11-17, 07:18 AM   #1105
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfon View Post
These are my thoughts, exactly. However, I am running SHIII on a Windows 7 machine so I wouldn't bet that the problem lies only with Win10. A recent upgrade might have caused the issue, though. But I can't really provide an argument for this. I have been playing the game on the very same machine for quite a few years and I have never noticed this issue before.
I had thought about the update issue too. The updates for Windows 10 have been a little glitchy lately. Update Tuesday is the 13th, maybe we will see something then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Graubart View Post
Have you tried to run the SH3 Commander in the compatibility mode win 7 and as admin?
Yeah, did all that kind of stuff already.
Old 06-15-17, 09:33 PM   #1106
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

So I've been searching around and it seems that I have found a couple of threads that talk about the issue but offer no resolutions (here and here).

Any ideas anyone?

If not, looks like time for a reinstall of some sort.
Old 06-16-17, 02:11 AM   #1107
tomfon
Grey Wolf

@rudewarrior

I am not sure if reinstalling SHIII would solve the problem. This problem is also present in the vanilla/stock game... Still, no ideas to offer.

Mods for SH3
Old 06-23-17, 07:03 PM   #1108
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Curiouser and curioser...

So I ran a patrol. Sank some ships came back, emblems were there. I didn't put one on. Exited the game, started it back up with SH3 Commander. Emblems weren't there again. However, if I went opened the In Base Before Mission save game, the emblems were there. Did some various combinations, including starting a new career and opening this current mission then starting the new career, emblems aren't there even though they are there for the after mission of the completed patrol. Gonna go back and forth a couple of different ways, see if I can get them to show up.

Really odd.

The research that I did on this phenomenon ranged from speculation that the emblems will magically appear after sinking so much tonnage to the game just being kind of "quirky."

Gonna play around with this a little more. Then I'll probably have to give it up and just get in the war.

I should just be happy I've got it running on my new machine!
Old 07-10-17, 09:10 AM   #1109
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Figured out the issue, at least in this case.

The problem is that GWX takes out the renown requirements for the side emblems. However, SH3 Commander puts them back in. I guess I edited it on my old rig such that it wouldn't transfer over.

Running ok now. Sorry for the dumbassery!

Thanx for the help!
Old 08-10-17, 03:11 PM   #1110
PapaSmurf
Bosun

Downloads: 129

I just loaded SH3 commander and really like it. I have run into one problem though. I use OLC GUI 1.2.7 for manual targeting. I just began a new career and my first patrol using SH3 Commander and on my first attack when I tried to set up the TDC in manual I can't get any of the dials ( range, aob or speed) to move. My torpedo settings still work but not the TDC. Has anyone seen this before? If it comes down to having to choose between OLC GUI or SH3 Commander I will choose the OLC because I love it so much. But SH3 Cmndr is so useful that I truly hope this can be solved. I just can't figure it out on my own. Has anyone else experienced this and if so were you able to get the TDC to work? Thanks for any replies.
PapaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sh3 commander