SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-08-17, 06:13 PM   #1
Pandur
Watch

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0
Default This looks great! 1 question...

i just discovered this, it looks splendid. the second you guys go on steam early access you got my money. probably twice as i gift this to a RL friend of mine.

now my question is connected to that; i read its meant for 4 player coop, but i only got 1 friend that is interessted to play sims, so i possibly will have to play with 2 players. is that possible or do you absolutely need 4?

is it possible to control the boat with 2 players even if both will be rly busy?

anyways, i am thrilled to throw my money at you when this goes on EA, good luck gentleman!
if its only half the thing i expect it gona be epic
Pandur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-17, 07:09 PM   #2
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 532
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandur View Post
i just discovered this, it looks splendid. the second you guys go on steam early access you got my money. probably twice as i gift this to a RL friend of mine.

now my question is connected to that; i read its meant for 4 player coop, but i only got 1 friend that is interessted to play sims, so i possibly will have to play with 2 players. is that possible or do you absolutely need 4?

is it possible to control the boat with 2 players even if both will be rly busy?

anyways, i am thrilled to throw my money at you when this goes on EA, good luck gentleman!
if its only half the thing i expect it gona be epic

Thanks! Yes, two players can manage the boat, but as you suggested, they will be pretty busy.
Old 06-09-17, 06:46 AM   #3
Pandur
Watch

this is great news, thanks for the quick reply!
Old 06-10-17, 07:46 AM   #4
Pandur
Watch

sry for double post;

i have been reading mostly everything on the wolfpack page, and i am delighted. so cant wait till this hits EA, and i hope you guys dont get disheartened(sp?) by some negative reviews on steam cause ppl cant bother to read a manual and think its too difficult. there will be these reviews i am sure.

anyways my reason for the double post is one thing i have been missing from all the info i gathered on the wolfpack site.

will there be some sort of "damage" system, where parts of the boat get disabled when you receive damage?
where the players have to repair it in order for it to function again?
like a generator is broken, and 1 player has to fix it for like 1 or 2 minutes? could be just press "reapair" button or some more elaborate task.

i think this would nicely multiply stress and result in unexpected things happening. like original plan not possible, lets go for plan B type of thinking.
Old 06-13-17, 07:01 PM   #5
Usurpator
Wolfpack Dev Team

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandur View Post
sry for double post;

i have been reading mostly everything on the wolfpack page, and i am delighted. so cant wait till this hits EA, and i hope you guys dont get disheartened(sp?) by some negative reviews on steam cause ppl cant bother to read a manual and think its too difficult. there will be these reviews i am sure.

anyways my reason for the double post is one thing i have been missing from all the info i gathered on the wolfpack site.

will there be some sort of "damage" system, where parts of the boat get disabled when you receive damage?
where the players have to repair it in order for it to function again?
like a generator is broken, and 1 player has to fix it for like 1 or 2 minutes? could be just press "reapair" button or some more elaborate task.

i think this would nicely multiply stress and result in unexpected things happening. like original plan not possible, lets go for plan B type of thinking.
Hello! We are not going to implement a damage system for the early access release, but we are considering adding this feature later during development. Having the players repair the boat is something we have decided to leave out since it would feel a bit gamey in a rather fast paced mission
Usurpator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-17, 03:27 PM   #6
Pandur
Watch

thx for info! lets see how this turns out, i was just thinking it would be nice to throw some additional "logs" in front of players feet, i think it could be fun.

i curious how it will turn out if you decide to implement something like it. time will tell, thx for the reply. cheers!