Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnuts View Post
Wintertime.

I'm a quarter Swedish and sweat like the entire cast of Das Boot and Predator combined the minute it gets over 80.
the accuracy in this statement and its relevance to me was startling.
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-18, 11:18 AM   #17
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
@Mapuc do you mean the clock change, or whether s.o. prefers summer to winter?

If it is clock change, i prefer the real time where the sun is at its highest point, at 12:00, all the year.
Apart from that i certainly prefer summer to winter..
The Clock change.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-18, 02:59 PM   #18
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

So when i want the real time at the geographical point i currently am, i prefer the normal time, all the year. Which would be 'wintertime', since the artificial 'summertime' advances the clock one hour in the summer months.

All in all i do not really care, but since the "daylight saving time" obviosuly did not have any advantage energy-sparing-wise, i'd say return to the normal time of the appropriate time zone.

Unless we repeat the first world war when this 'summertime' was first introduced in Germany, and keeps harrassing the historians until today, when it comes to comparing events Entente/Germany at a certain time..

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-18, 08:44 AM   #19
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

The daytime hours in the summer period are longer anyway. So that 1 hour shift is not going to make much of a difference in terms of energy reduction. Thesedays with computers/TV-equipment/ airco/electrical-appliances-with-lousy-powersaving-modes always on that 1 hour shift to compensate with artificial lighting is pointless. I guess in older times, or regions with agriculture being the main economy, more hands were needed in the spring-/summer-time to work the land. As so you'd want use the man power as optimally as possible. But for the general economy it seems to be more of a hassle than solves problems.

I've heard suggestions that in the EU they want to stick to CEST (UTC+2) instead of +1. I can't fathom that reasoning. My country the Netherlands is already closer to England (UTC) than central europe. If we were to live according to Eastern Europe's/Western-Russi/Ukraine daylight-schedule (UTC+2) in the winter then I expect depression and fatigue among the general public to skyrise. It's too much out of sync with local solar time for us. But sure, we'd have to conform if we want to stay in the Union. (I don't want to get into a EU flamewar so this is where I'll leave it.)

As for the season and climate. I'm torn. I don't mind a winter freeze every now an then. Slippery roads when it is freezing is unwelcome, but can be an exciting challenge. Snow is a bit of a chore to go through and clean up. But not bad. The less rainy periods during the summer are prefered over spring/fall. Anything above 25 degrees C any I've lost all energy to do much of anything. And easy skinburn when it get's cloudless. No thank you, I 'll prefer to be indoors then. When every thing adds up I'm leaning to winter. But I have to have change, or I'll grow bored soom. So keep the seasons. Don't knock the polar axis away from Polaris. (Or my telescope won't work anymore)
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-18, 07:41 PM   #20
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77

I voted Summer. I like all seasons. Each season has its own unique activities. I live in an area where the seasons are well defined. I prefer Spring and Fall, the weather is much more comfortable. With Summer versus Winter, I can get out and do more in Summer than Winter.
Old 09-06-18, 12:11 PM   #21
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I should have been a lot more grammatical correct in my writing and a lot more detailed in my writing.

It's not about the weather, but about the discussion if we shall have permanent summer time or daylight saving or permanent winter time or ordinary time

Which Skybird made a thread about.

It was his thread and the comments from Steed(he was fed up and want summertime) and Rhodes(who also was fed up and wanted wintertime)
who made me make this poll.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 08:01 AM   #22
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

If you are talking about the clocks then i go with summer time. If you are talking about seasons i have already posted.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-18, 12:39 PM   #23
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

I love winter sports like snowboarding, but am tired of the -20 Celsius temperatures we get for weeks.

give me summertime and girls in skimpy dresses, the hotter the better!
Old 09-13-18, 01:38 PM   #24
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

What are you doing on a snowboard at my age?

(Admiring the skimpy dresses is permitted, however)