SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-20-18, 10:56 PM   #1
Tucker
Seaman

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0
Default Pier Side submarine mods?

Hey yall, any mods that add extra submarines into port? I know TMO adds it, but lately I've been using RFB and its a real immersion breaker when you start off at the pier and you're the only submarine there. Having a few other boats and a tender pier side would be a nice touch.

So does anyone know if there is a mod like this that I could use that wouldn't conflict/break RFB?
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-18, 09:41 AM   #2
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

The next release of Fotrs Ultimate (current v0.63) will have Fleet Boats and Pig Boats filling up the harbors in docked or underway positions. These are the "static" subs....no crew on deck:

The Fleet Boats will update their conning towers as dates allow.

Our "Mission Expert" propbeanie has been adding them to the various harbors as appropriate. Actually he's got so much harbor traffic, you'll need a traffic cop to get you out to sea!!

New release of an updated version is coming soon.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-18, 01:07 PM   #3
chazsi
A-ganger

Downloads: 54

THERE'S exciting news!!

Can't wait. Thanks for the update.
chazsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-18, 04:06 PM   #4
Tucker
Seaman

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
The next release of Fotrs Ultimate (current v0.63) will have Fleet Boats and Pig Boats filling up the harbors in docked or underway positions. These are the "static" subs....no crew on deck:

The Fleet Boats will update their conning towers as dates allow.

Our "Mission Expert" propbeanie has been adding them to the various harbors as appropriate. Actually he's got so much harbor traffic, you'll need a traffic cop to get you out to sea!!

New release of an updated version is coming soon.

That all looks amazing. But what do you mean by static? So will the boats you come across out on patrol, not in harbor pier side, be transiting or will they just be sitting there not moving?

Also while I have found a bit on Fotrs Ultimate, I haven’t found any real descriptions on what the mod actually does and how it differs from TMO or RFB. All I’ve really found is that it is a super kid and an amalgamation of three different versions of Fotrs and that it will be mod compatible.

Can you please enlighten me a bit more on the differences and or improvements to say like a TMO/RFB.
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 02:35 PM   #5
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
That all looks amazing. But what do you mean by static? So will the boats you come across out on patrol, not in harbor pier side, be transiting or will they just be sitting there not moving?

Also while I have found a bit on Fotrs Ultimate, I haven’t found any real descriptions on what the mod actually does and how it differs from TMO or RFB. All I’ve really found is that it is a super kid and an amalgamation of three different versions of Fotrs and that it will be mod compatible.

Can you please enlighten me a bit more on the differences and or improvements to say like a TMO/RFB.
The next version of Fotrs Ultimate Beta will have 13 added AI subs........besides the player controlled subs.

The original question from you was "... any mods that add extra submarines into port?" And yes, Ultimate will. When I say their "static", these two American subs shown will be just that......sitting still as if parked in their mooring bay in harbor. They have no crew standing watch, they will be just as you asked, parked in harbor filling up space.

The other 11 subs added are another story. One American Fleetboat, one German U-Boat Type 9d2, Nine Japanese Subs ranging from their "Carrier Class" Sen Toku I (where they contain a float plane for Scout duty. And yes, as the AI Carriers do, there are four Japanese subs that will have the ability to launch planes when an enemy target is detected!), to their "Fast Attack" sub Sen Take.

They will have full underway capabilities as any other AI Warship, whether in Port or on the high sea. Here's some images of a few others:

Japanese Type C3

Japanese Kaidai Type 4

Japanese Jyunsen Type 1

Unlike the "static" subs, these 11 submarines will have crewmembers manning deck armaments, and will fire torpedoes at enemy AI targets....and YOU, if you let them:

These added warships, will be in various missions throughout your Campaign. Found either in your own home port (both the "static" and underway versions), or in enemy ports as any other possible warship would be. They may be found along with other warships, as when traveling in a Task Force, or they may be found alone at sea raiding enemy traffic.

They will not submerge due to the limiting game mechanics for AI ship units, but they will be a welcome addition to the game inventory. A Fotrs Ultimate inventory of ship units that surpasses any other modification, without adding these new Submarines!

===========

You ask what's the difference between TMO/RFB and Fotrs Ultimate?

I was an original member of the Real Fleet Boat mod team years ago (and having some of my work in TMO too). I can tell you the largest difference in Fotrs Ultimate compared to these others......... it's being "Actively" worked on!

Besides the most obvious additions as stated above. There's a group of community modders that are currently working on Ultimate, taking suggestions as they come from YOU, the player. We are rebuilding parts of the game that were never addressed when these other mods were last released. This makes Ultimate unique in its ability to provide a better game experience than a modification that ended support years ago!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote