SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-09-17, 05:50 AM   #1351
Benzin1973
Engineer

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0
Default Works fine now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzin1973 View Post
Here i am again with my dumb questions

Just to confirm: To use wolfpacks in NYGM, the only thing i have to do i check the "Wolfpacks" option in the HSIE options selector, and use that sh3.exe file. right? NYGM allready includes the Neccesary changes to the campaign files.
Correct?
Reason i ask, is because i tought id give it a try, so i enabled wolfpack in the hsie options selector, then on patrol came across a convoy, and the second i hit the "report contact" button, the game CTD.
Used the hsie options again, un-checked wolfpacks, loaded the game and the send contact report worked fine (no CTD). and no wolfpack of course.

Any idea of what i might be doing wrong?
Just tried it again, reenabled wolfpacks in options selector, and called it in when i made contact with a convoy. No CTD at all (tried it 3 times). It worked as expected.
Must have been a glitch.
Benzin1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 06:24 AM   #1352
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Benzin1973:

Glad you sorted out your wolf-packs problem.
I couldn't reproduce the fault here.

Still, you can now enjoy the full benefit of the H.sie/LGN1 wolf-packs option.
NYGM also has its own variant (non-coded) of other U-boats attacking convoys, and both methods function properly - sometimes both at the same time!

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-17, 02:42 AM   #1353
Benzin1973
Engineer

Default Problem (and solution) for new thompsen ships silouettes

I noticed that when having map contact updates on, and using the optional IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen mod, if i zoom all the way in on the map, i can see the ship's silouettes. This is i assume a bug, since the other (regular) ships dont show their silouettes at all.

This is a Bug right?

So i made a little fix for it, it just replaces the XXX_shp.tga files for the thompsen ships silouettes so they dont show up.
(edit: its the xxx_shp.tga files i replaced, NOT the xxx_sil.tga ones!)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/417ivx...ouette_fix.zip

Just unzip, and activate with JSGME as usual anywhere after the IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen mod. No risk of any conflicts since its just a few .tga files.
Feel free to use it if you wish.

Last edited by Benzin1973; 04-27-17 at 08:39 PM. Reason: posted wrong link!
Old 04-27-17, 03:02 PM   #1354
JuanLiquid
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 60

I have a lot of pages from my identification book without the merchant picture. I installed NYGM going step by step, all the evening, I did it twice, and still I miss a lot of merchants from that book.

What am I doing wrong?
JuanLiquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-17, 01:07 AM   #1355
Benzin1973
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanLiquid View Post
I have a lot of pages from my identification book without the merchant picture. I installed NYGM going step by step, all the evening, I did it twice, and still I miss a lot of merchants from that book.

What am I doing wrong?
maybe a mod installed in the wrong order?
Please post your JSGME modlist.
Old 04-29-17, 08:37 AM   #1356
JuanLiquid
Machinist's Mate

Hi, this is my mod list:

And this is the result... only some ships appear, the most of them are like this and I cannot identify them:

Old 04-29-17, 08:55 AM   #1357
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328

Quote:
Hi, this is my mod list:

And this is the result... only some ships appear, the most of them are like this and I cannot identify them:

Hi JuanLiquid
I see 2 errors in your mod list
1-You do not have to install iabl and mfm together ... either one or the other (by mainly page of NYGM :
If you install the MSM-interim-beta fleet, you *must not* install the earlier IABL fleet, file (4) above. )
2-envsimact always last mod
(by readme file of envsimact10:

This EnvSim_10 mod folder should always be the LAST mod installed with JSGME.
For example if you have Stiebler_4C_Revised hard-code package installed on top of the H.sie patch (it must always be installed after the H.sie patch), then the EnvSim_10 mod MUST follow after the Stiebler_4C_Revised mod.)

salute:

Last edited by hauangua; 04-29-17 at 09:23 AM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-17, 12:01 PM   #1358
JuanLiquid
Machinist's Mate

Thank you hauangua, it was the first mistake, now I can enjoy fully

Btw, did someone noticed that nights aren't dark at all? Even in the stock SH3 you can see too much, but with NYGM they seem like an evening.
Old 04-29-17, 12:14 PM   #1359
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328

Quote:
Thank you hauangua, it was the first mistake, now I can enjoy fully

Btw, did someone noticed that nights aren't dark at all? Even in the stock SH3 you can see too much, but with NYGM they seem like an evening.
maybe in moonlight or always you say?
Old 04-30-17, 06:38 AM   #1360
JuanLiquid
Machinist's Mate

Always. I tried again, it's April, and I'm close to France, there is no moon today and I see like it was a simple evening (it's 00:30). In real life the water would be almost black, and everything should be more dark in general (I'm from a coastal city).

I have the savegame too if you want to check. After all uboots could close to the merchants in the surface without being seen, and I'm sure with all this light they would see me in a range of 4 Km.

Is there any mod or option to change this?

Old 04-30-17, 07:23 AM   #1361
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Always. I tried again, it's April, and I'm close to France, there is no moon today and I see like it was a simple evening (it's 00:30). In real life the water would be almost black, and everything should be more dark in general (I'm from a coastal city).

I have the savegame too if you want to check. After all uboots could close to the merchants in the surface without being seen, and I'm sure with all this light they would see me in a range of 4 Km.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=231005

Old 05-01-17, 03:47 AM   #1362
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@JuanLiquid:
Quote:

This is an old complaint, that dates back almost to the first release of SH3.

As well as environmental mods like that of Kendras (above), H.sie's hard-code mod has a dark-night option that reduces visibility greatly. It's a very useful patch for many other required code fixes too.

Stiebler.
Old 05-01-17, 05:01 AM   #1363
JuanLiquid
Machinist's Mate

Thanks for the replies. I took a look to these mods, I tried to install them, they are beauty, however they overwrite a lot of NYGM files!!

If I start the game with any of them enabled, I see a lot of black glitches in the horizon. Maybe they're not usable with NYGM?

I wanted to start a Youtube campaing once I solve the night vision problem.
Old 05-01-17, 07:09 AM   #1364
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

NYGM is very compatible with h.sie's patches. Many of the file edits needed for the patches are already incorporated into NYGM. h.sie's instructions are thorough and detailed, but they must be followed precisely. I suggest you completely remove the patches and revert to your saved sh3.exe. Then reread h.sie's instructions and make sure you understand and are comfortable with what you have to do. Then reinstall the patches. The problem should go away.

Many people use h.sie's and Steibler's patches with no problems, especially with NYGM. You should get a good result.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-17, 11:09 AM   #1365
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Bl!tzKrieg:
Quote:
Did you not just update NYGM to 3.7F/2017 or did I read that wrong?
You read it correctly, but the changes were so minor that it hardly seems to be worth updating the thread title.
Anyone who downloads NYGM from the official web-site will see the complete list of files to download.

Quote:
Can the files 01-04 not be put into one pack? Or is there any reason to go back to V2.5 or V3 ?
Files 1-4 (ie, NYGM Tonnage War 2.5, NYGM 3_New, NYGM 3.6F, NYGM 2017A) are kept apart for ease of updating. If any errors occur, then I need only to change the most recent component, not the entire package. It makes quality control much easier - as for example when I needed to replace NYGM 2017 with 2017A.

There was also the original idea that it was very tedious to download large files in the days of telephone dial-up connections to the Internet. Less relevant now, when most users have Broadband connections.

Stiebler.

Tags
torpedos through hull