SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-08-14, 08:29 AM   #16
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
Write your replicas about language to those who wrote on it, personally.
As well as you don't understand russian, you better not go into details of our communication... Once again I repeat, there is not question of authorship in the literally/truest sense of the word... OK, enough... are useless discuss the intricacies of russian language and thinking with the foreigners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94
i am not replying to you as the member 'makman94' but as a moderator ...
But i, if you see, do not talking with you as with moderator... discussions with the moderators are not interesting for me.
Quote:
... but you guys keep posting on ... (or bad english)...
I have to understand that a connoisseur of English is that you? or this forum is only for anglo-saxons?
... or maybe you are racist?

P.S. I deleted my other posts from this thread because I did not wrote them here.

for me ,the only thing that matters is your continuously rudeness not only towards me,not only towards Ahnenerbe (no matter if you are right or wrong) and not only in this case.
you say that you are not talking to me as a moderator and i am telling you that i am not here for chating. (if you want to chat with me just use your pms-how many times is said now?- and i will gladly have an interesting conversation with you)

you must be punished for your behaviour here.i don't know if you will be protected again but i ,from my side , will ask for your punishment at the moderator's meeting .have in mind that i will not ask this for your insults or your 'style' towards me (i personally don't care for your 'smart' and empty posts),i will ask it becuase rudeness between members is something that ,if allowed, is lowering the level here at our forum.

if you are right all the moderators here will protect your rights and all this will be done in a polite way by all sides.but rushing into threads spreading your rudeness to everyone is a no go for me.(if you are not interested in moderators's bla bla bla,as you say,....then use your pms ,it is so simple)

it is not my fault that you are failing (although i believe that you are pretending) to understand the need to post in english.

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods

Last edited by makman94; 12-08-14 at 08:50 AM.
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14, 01:47 PM   #17
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
Unfortunately, when you start a patrol, the radar is visually still in the down position at 90 degrees to the correct angle.
Check the rotation coordinates for Y axis in sensors.dat and FuMO_30.anm, maybe problem is here?

I don't know this "Anvart's special NYGM_DFa_UpDownRot mod". What method is there, with Dial controller or StateMachineCtl.
Some time ago, I took "GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010.7z" and "FM30_UpDown_final.7z" and manualy rework NYGM files for DFa and radar, and add flags too. Up-down and rotation, all work great in every subs and turms.
Old 12-08-14, 03:31 PM   #18
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
for me ,the only thing that matters is your continuously rudeness not only towards me,not only towards Ahnenerbe ...
You , as usual, very little understood of my posts... therefore, oversimplify all up to the absurd becomes distinctive trait of your character.
Don't you chide me in the rudeness... better look at yourself and your post... together with Ahnenerbe.
I already long ago (several years) had noticed, to put it mildly, your dislike to me... Maybe you suffer disease of "since childhood the offended"? or it's that I wrote in the previous post?
If you have no qualities to understand of people you don't need to be the moderator... as minimum.
Quote:
... you must be punished for your behaviour here.i don't know if you will be protected again but i ,from my side , ...
Heh, naturally... what you can some more do? only complain...
Other actions from you, I and not expected.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14, 03:35 PM   #19
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Okay...enough of this, Neal can decide any future course of action if any.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-14, 06:52 AM   #20
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Thread is reopened but please keep on the original topic everyone.

TIA

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-14, 08:12 AM   #21
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Hard-code fix for the radar rotation now released as part of my 4C_V16B1 hard-code patch, with toggle on new Options Selector to enable the new code to be disabled (or don't use the new patch!).

I still cannot implement Tycho's idea of fixing the initial position of the radar when leaving base . . .

Click here for further details:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=217396

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-14, 11:34 AM   #22
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Hard-code fix for the radar rotation now released as part of my 4C_V16B1 hard-code patch, with toggle on new Options Selector to enable the new code to be disabled (or don't use the new patch!).

I still cannot implement Tycho's idea of fixing the initial position of the radar when leaving base . . .

Click here for further details:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=217396

Stiebler.
Stiebler, what this fix does exactly ? is it raising both df and radar at the same time ?

Old 12-21-14, 05:54 PM   #23
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Makman94:
Quote:
what this fix does exactly ? is it raising both df and radar at the same time?
Anvart's original animation in his NYGM_FM30_DFa_UpDown mod allowed separate movement, up and down, of the DF aerial and the rotating radar (FM30/FM61). He supplied the NYGM turms also, for this purpose.

My new hard-code fix uses Anvart's turms, but I have made small changes to the turms to permit my code to function.

These changes are as follows:
1. I have given the turms without a position for the rotating radars a new position R02 for the rotating radars. These turms include 7b_1_hd.dat, 7c_1_hd.dat, 9b_1_hd.dat, 9c_1_hd.dat.
2. For the other (NYGM) turms which have already R01 and R02 in their .dat files, I have simply exchanged the R01 and R02 in the dat files.
3. Turms for the Type II and XXI U-boats do not require alteration, and they are not affected by my hard-code either.

I used S3Ditor to make the changes to Anvart's original turms for NYGM.
This is sufficent for these turms. However, I believe that GWX and other creators of turms have used a different system that involves a change of the geometry of the turms, in order to permit the rotating radars to turn properly.

Also stock SH3 and GWX share the same positions for the R01 and R02 nodes, whereas NYGM reversed these positions originally. Thus, my hard-code fix means that the NYGM turms (.dat files) must have their original values of R01 and R02 restored.

This is complicated to explain, as you can see, and the best answer that I can give is to examine the 7b_1_hd.dat and 7c_3_hd.dat files (comparing NYGM and stock/GWX turms) in S3Ditor in order to see the differences.

Of course, the easy solution is just to use Anvart's turms supplied for NYGM, modified by me as explained above, and supplied as part of the new 4C_V16B1 hard-code fix.

I hope that I have provided a complete reply, including to your PM earlier.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-14, 01:01 PM   #24
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
@Makman94:

Anvart's original animation in his NYGM_FM30_DFa_UpDown mod allowed separate movement, up and down, of the DF aerial and the rotating radar (FM30/FM61). He supplied the NYGM turms also, for this purpose.

My new hard-code fix uses Anvart's turms, but I have made small changes to the turms to permit my code to function.

These changes are as follows:
1. I have given the turms without a position for the rotating radars a new position R02 for the rotating radars. These turms include 7b_1_hd.dat, 7c_1_hd.dat, 9b_1_hd.dat, 9c_1_hd.dat.
2. For the other (NYGM) turms which have already R01 and R02 in their .dat files, I have simply exchanged the R01 and R02 in the dat files.
3. Turms for the Type II and XXI U-boats do not require alteration, and they are not affected by my hard-code either.

I used S3Ditor to make the changes to Anvart's original turms for NYGM.
This is sufficent for these turms. However, I believe that GWX and other creators of turms have used a different system that involves a change of the geometry of the turms, in order to permit the rotating radars to turn properly.

Also stock SH3 and GWX share the same positions for the R01 and R02 nodes, whereas NYGM reversed these positions originally. Thus, my hard-code fix means that the NYGM turms (.dat files) must have their original values of R01 and R02 restored.

This is complicated to explain, as you can see, and the best answer that I can give is to examine the 7b_1_hd.dat and 7c_3_hd.dat files (comparing NYGM and stock/GWX turms) in S3Ditor in order to see the differences.

Of course, the easy solution is just to use Anvart's turms supplied for NYGM, modified by me as explained above, and supplied as part of the new 4C_V16B1 hard-code fix.

I hope that I have provided a complete reply, including to your PM earlier.

Stiebler.
thank you for your reply Stiebler

i understand you and i will test all these for see them in action

Old 12-24-14, 06:56 PM   #25
Leitender
Planesman

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
I play with H.sie radar fix and Anvart's FMO_30_UpDown with StateMachineCtl, manualy added in my nygm files.

When the game start, the radar is off, but visually the radar is in upper position without rotation.
If you click turn off, the radar go down in its proper position.

To fix this I open FMO_30.dat and change GotoEntry=2 to GotoEntry=4 for state entry: Start.
Now the game start with radar off, and visually it's in properly down position.
Really nice finding, Tycho, thank you very much!

I tried this with Anvart´s LSH3-5-FM30_Updown-Mod (03/2011) and it works exactly as intended. Wonderful.
Further, I can agree that your proposol for correcting the initial position of the radar aerial also works as intended in my installation. I had the same offset like in Makman´s picture and simply changed the Y-Rotation for 90°, what is Pi/2 or 1,570796 in the unit circle. Now all works perfectly.

Once again thanks to Grandmaster Anvart for his great contributions. I love to play with them. Just one small request: After extending the aerial, there is a discontinous transition from the extending animation to the turning animation. Does anyone has an idea how to synchronise both animations?

The transition from the turning animation to the lowering animation seems to be synchronous.

Best regards,

Leitender
Leitender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-14, 08:59 AM   #26
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Quote:
This trick was necessary to crawl the switched radar when the submarine was on the surface during initialized of the game... and correct to write in Start section GotoEntry = 1 (to Idle), if you use H.sie mod
Well, in this case, in my game,the radar start in down position but with wrong orientation.

That's why I chose GotoEntry = 4, now the radar start down and with proper orientation.
Old 12-26-14, 11:27 AM   #27
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Quote:
I propose to test and use the old alternative logic... IIRC, with one problem in the original game... where after initializing of the game radar works... but this logic was holding the antenna in Down position without rotation after initializing of the game. I think this will not be a problem if you use H.sie (sh4.exe) radar correction.
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n4...wn_AltLogic.7z
it's logic only.
I tested this with H.sie radar correction. Worked great. Even, the problem with going in radar view was gone. The radar remains on its correct orientation.
Old 12-28-14, 06:26 AM   #28
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Another thing, that I see.
Probably you was doing something with 3d model for radars in sensors.dat, in your FM30_UpDown_final.7z.

Same turm, same node coordinates.
First is with 3d model from GWX3 sensors.dat

Second is with 3d model from FM30_UpDown_final.7z, sensors.dat

When adapt FM30_UpDown in my installation, I did not copied your 3d model.
I see same in others mods, that provide FM30_UpDown compatibility.

In this case, 0 for "rotation Y" in animation fix things. Or, take your 3d model also fix things.
Old 12-28-14, 07:57 AM   #29
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Ignoramus-moderator have deleted part of my post... therefore I deleted remaining.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 12-29-14 at 07:43 AM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-14, 03:15 PM   #30
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Please be aware of Subsim's rules on forum behavior. We can have disagreements without resorting to insults and attacks.
Quote:
Members should not publicly attack a Moderator or intentionally undermine a Moderator's actions by baiting or harassing him.
Quote:
If a member wishes to challenge a Moderator action that involves the member, this challenge must be raised in private via PM or email, not in public.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/faq....rule4_faq_item