SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-14, 08:29 AM   #1
Fahnenbohn
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0
Default The Flying Dutchman

My mod, called 74' ghost ship, is available at this address : ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/S...DS/FAHNENBOHN/
(User : Maik -- Password : Woelfe)

The mod contains the ship with her 74 guns () and a little surprise ...

README :

This mod is JSGME ready. If you don't have this tool (JSGME), you have to place manually the files into the appropriate folders.

For the historical background, the 74' ship (74 guns) was created by french engineers around the 1740s. At the time, that was a huge technical advance.

I didn't create the ship from scratch. I found her in LSH3_V5 supermod (NFD, for Flying Dutchman). But she had only 10 guns and there was a bug with them. It took me very big efforts and time, but with stubbornness and analysis of different files types' structure, i finally managed to make them work. And then, i decided to add as many guns that a real 74' ship had !

So, the ship is capable of firing a full broadside (37 shells) with three different types of guns (16 inch - 8 inch - 4 inch). As the ship is a ghost, her capabilities are formidable : high navigation speed, high rate of fire, huge firing power, and she's unsinkable ! Her default name is " L'Invincible ".

... and something else in the original readme ....

Cheers

F

--------------------
OLD POST

I have a strange story to tell.

In the middle of the North Sea, I was navigating in a heavy storm at night. Suddenly, I crossed the road of the Flying Dutchman himself ! I started to fire against him, but one moment later, he began to shoot me ! I was very surprised ! But I quickly found that there was something wrong. I was never damaged ! I approached the ship and I saw THIS :

dutsh-nav.JPG

I left the game and opened Silent 3ditor :

Attachment 970

Everything seems normal ! The guns are well placed !

Does anyone know how to solve the problem ??

Postscript : The flying Dutchman was in the LSH3 v5 mod. And I opened the mission with GWX v3.

Last edited by Fahnenbohn; 05-01-15 at 11:47 AM.
Fahnenbohn is offline   Reply With Quote