SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-06-12, 10:01 PM   #1
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

Default UN demands US relinquish control of Mount Rushmore.

Quote:
A UN human rights official is urging the U.S. to turn over control of lands considered to be sacred to Native Americans, including the site of the Mount Rushmore National Memorial.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Americans.html

Dear UN,

On behalf of the USA:

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-12, 10:13 PM   #2
soopaman2
Der Alte

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0

Sure, we will relinquish all funding to the UN farce, as well as withdrawl all of our European military bases.

We will then withdrawl all our troops and equipment from the UN, then put an embargo on all arms sales to the UN.

(that means not using our GPS, suckers)

So hows that Russia/China thing workin out for ya.

I am laughing harder than TLAM

-Winston Churchill-

The most fascinating man in the world.
soopaman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-12, 10:18 PM   #3
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Old 05-06-12, 10:36 PM   #4
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

Next, it will be our guns when those traitors in DC. sign the un small arms treaty, and they will say we must comply with international law, with France with a new President and don't hold me to it, Greece with a new something in their government, looks like that europe is in for a wild ride my prayers go out to you.
yubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-12, 11:29 PM   #5
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post
Next, it will be our guns when those traitors in DC. sign the un small arms treaty, and they will say we must comply with international law, with France with a new President and don't hold me to it, Greece with a new something in their government, looks like that europe is in for a wild ride my prayers go out to you.
France was screwed either way - Sarcozy was a total failure, nitwit and corrupt. His replacement....

The French election was almost like Obama/McCain - except on total steriods....

There was no "good" choice for the french.

Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-12, 12:31 AM   #6
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post
looks like that europe is in for a wild ride my prayers go out to you.
And mine to you, because when we rock, you roll. Welcome to the wonderful work of global economics, a fart in Europe will create a stink in Washington which will make Beijing wear a noseplug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHaplo View Post
There was no "good" choice for the french.
Whoever wins, we lose.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-12, 01:00 AM   #7
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopaman2 View Post
Sure, we will relinquish all funding to the UN farce, as well as withdrawl all of our European military bases.

We will then withdrawl all our troops and equipment from the UN, then put an embargo on all arms sales to the UN.

(that means not using our GPS, suckers)

So hows that Russia/China thing workin out for ya.

Well as far as I am aware only our closest NATO(not 100% if all of them due) allies and Canada,Australia,Japan(?),South Korea(?),and Israel have access to weapons systems such as JDAMs that take full advantage of our GPS system matter of fact the high quality kind that you can buy in stores in just about as accurate in fact many US elite forces make use of store purchased GPS systems as they are higher in reliability though a bit less accurate they wont cut of that because this is what you happen to use in your GPS as well.

So if we cut off aid to the UN they would not be missing much in that department and France has its own line of military weapons right down the line they even have their own version of
5.56mm such is the level of their snootiness.Also not that many nations rely on US made weapons anymore in particular when it comes to small arms and you can buy Russian or French high tech.Also each nation is responsible for equipping its own UN troop contingent it a very different beast from NATO or a similar treaty.In both cases we are giving them money that is true.

Of course the US at one point did forcibly remove the original owners of that land our government has resolved such issues with native american tribes.They also happen to own much of the land around Rushmore anyway in fact you can find the not yet complete Crazy Horse monument in the same region it is on a Lakota reservation.The UN chap seems to not be aware of these resolutions it seems.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-12, 02:45 AM   #8
Tribesman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

So its the daily mail and it has a headline with a question mark.
You really ought to stop swallowing that crap TLAM.

So the topic of......
UN demands US relinquish control of Mount Rushmore.
....is simply dealt with by .....no they didn't.

Still if people want to get heated over a non story how about a real story, The US supreme court says the US took the lands illegaly, that means US says they don't own them.
Its funny to see people getting annoyed over a daily fail article.
Perhaps next they will be saying Anaya should bugger off back to where he came from....

Quote:
Of course the US at one point did forcibly remove the original owners of that land our government has resolved such issues with native american tribes.They also happen to own much of the land around Rushmore anyway in fact you can find the not yet complete Crazy Horse monument in the same region it is on a Lakota reservation.The UN chap seems to not be aware of these resolutions it seems.
Yet as the article says if you look past the headline, last month the government settled some more claims, the offer of money over Rushmore has been rejected, loads more claims are still ongoing.
So its more likely that the UN chap is fully aware of those that have been resolved and those that have not, and it is very likely that since Rushmore is one thast still isn't resolved it is the reason for it to be on the "to do" list.
I wonder how many are still outstanding in his own state?

So lets see what this UN chap really said.
"It's undisputed that the Black Hills was guaranteed them by treaty and that treaty was just outright violated by the United States in the 1900s. That has been recognised by the United States supreme court"
Anyone want to take issue with the evil UN over that?
or perhaps take issue with the evil supreme court?

Quote:
How much was your contribution to the last billion dollar settlement your government had to pay for illegally using indian land? How much did your parents contribute to the payout over the black hills which is still sitting in limbo as it isn't resolved.

I wonder what his report will say about the progress of Akaka.
Old 05-07-12, 06:02 AM   #9
the_tyrant
Admiral

Downloads: 58

If I'm not mistaken, GPS is a passive system.
How the hell to you block one nations' GPS only?
Old 05-07-12, 06:56 AM   #10
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_tyrant View Post
If I'm not mistaken, GPS is a passive system.
How the hell to you block one nations' GPS only?
You can change the access and accuracy via code, meaning all with a code can see and use it tailored to their own key they received.
If the code is being changed and you don't have the new key - well.

Anyway Russia has its own GPS, and so has Europe by now.

Anyway if this continues, with the Indians getting back their land where will it stop ?
Give Texas back to Mexico
Give Cuba back to Spain
And Palestine to the Phoenicians ..
Catfish is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-12, 08:38 AM   #11
Tribesman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Anyway if this continues, with the Indians getting back their land where will it stop ?
Give Texas back to Mexico
Give Cuba back to Spain
And Palestine to the Phoenicians ..
Follow the paperwork and show where the paperwork hasn't been followed.
If it is absent or has been followed then your attempt at expanding comparisons is a fail
America is paying up because it didn't follow the paperwork it drew up itself....simple isn't it.
Old 05-07-12, 09:29 AM   #12
Kongo Otto
Commodore

Downloads: 203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
So if we cut off aid to the UN they would not be missing much in that department and France has its own line of military weapons right down the line they even have their own version of
5.56mm such is the level of their snootiness.
The 5.56 x 45mm Nato round in use by the French Army is exactly the same as the US 5,56 x 45mm Nato Round as this ammo is Nato standarized (STANAG 4172). You can also use M-16 Mags in a FAMAS Rifle, no problem with that, because the Mags are also standarized (STANAG 4179).
Kongo Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-12, 11:46 AM   #13
_dgn_
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongo Otto View Post
The 5.56 x 45mm Nato round in use by the French Army is exactly the same as the US 5,56 x 45mm Nato Round as this ammo is Nato standarized (STANAG 4172). You can also use M-16 Mags in a FAMAS Rifle, no problem with that, because the Mags are also standarized (STANAG 4179).
Only with the FAMAS G2 (SS109 ammunition and 30 rounds magazines are interchangeable with US M16A2 or US M4).

FAMAS F1 and G1 use M193 ammunition and 25 rounds magazines (not interchangeable with US M16A2 or US M4).
_dgn_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-12, 02:18 PM   #14
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

FAMAS FAMAS F1 and G1 are used by the French military the G2 is for export the F1 and the G1 use a French version of M193 the American 5.56mm round it must be a steel casing due to the delayed blow back nature of the FAMAS non steel casings will cause over pressure so the M193 rounds are uniquely French.

The M193 rounds can be used in an M-16/M-4 though but the 25 round magazines can not it seems that French military did not select the G2 as you can see videos of French troops in Afghanistan armed with F1 and G1s but never
G2 I think one reason might be the 30 round magazine the 25 rounders obviously force a reduction in the RPM being put down the 30 round magazines might be more likely to cause a French solider in the heat of battle to over heat his rifle then he would have to run away and request UN support.

At any rate if you look at recent arms deals around the world many buyers are not selecting American systems the Saudis purchased the Typhoon over upgrading the F-15 and many smaller nations are buying Swedish aircraft (the Grippen) or French aircraft (the Rafale) over competing American and British designs these aircraft also come with their own weapons systems not developed by the US or UK I image that Russia also loses out as of late as well.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-12, 06:40 PM   #15
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Wow, you guys get spun up over the littlest things.

The UN has not decided anything. Nor will they.

1. The Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples is not a legally binding resolution.

2. Nothing in the 46 articles indicates in any way that a country would ever have to give anything back. There is an article for reparations, but that is only for land taken illegally. Since the US writes the laws, most of what we did to the Indians was legal.

3. Not to doubt the Daily Mail, but according to the UN website, the reports of Mr. S. James Anaya don't mention Mt Rushmore. BTW the Daily Mail could not even get his name right.

What Mr. Anaya is saying about the US is the same he is saying about other countries "you guys really need to improve the way you preserve indigenous cultures. "

In other words, nothing to see here folks.