Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-19-11, 12:34 PM   #1
mrlackey
Nub

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0
LwAmi causing invisible subs/weapons?

I am having a problem with lwami. When I activate lwami with the JSGME mod enabler most subs become invisible such as in the Red_Storm_Rising Campaign, Holddown Exercise Mission when i forced the submarine to surface the only thing you could see was the wake trail. The non controlable subs are invisible both in 3d viewing and looking off a ship at a surfaced sub, the only thing you can see is the wake or cavitation trail. Some torpedos and missiles are the same way invisible except the trail. When I deactivate the Lwami mod all subs/weapons are visible again. Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!!
mrlackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 01:03 PM   #2
ASWnut101
Admiral

Downloads: 9

You probably haven't run the two .bat files that come with the LWAMI package. They are in the Dangerous Waters/Mods/LwAmi_mod/Graphics folder. Run the zUSNIinstaller and the zGraphicsInstaller files. Oh, and make sure LWAMI is disabled in JSGME before you do this.

ASWnut101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 04:32 PM   #3
OneShot
Grey Wolf

If you used the one-click installer for LwAmi 3.10 there shouldn't be any .bat you have to execute after install. Everything is done by the installer. What operating system do you use? And where did you install LwAmi?
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 05:52 PM   #4
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlackey View Post
I am having a problem with lwami. When I activate lwami with the JSGME mod enabler most subs become invisible such as in the Red_Storm_Rising Campaign, Holddown Exercise Mission when i forced the submarine to surface the only thing you could see was the wake trail. The non controlable subs are invisible both in 3d viewing and looking off a ship at a surfaced sub, the only thing you can see is the wake or cavitation trail. Some torpedos and missiles are the same way invisible except the trail. When I deactivate the Lwami mod all subs/weapons are visible again. Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!!
I'm not sure, but the latest versions of lwami change a lot of things in the database. Missions such as the Red Storm Rising campaign were designed for DW 1.04. It is possibile that the objects in the mission cannot reference correctly the corresponding objects in the database. Someone should re-edit those missions to make them compatibile with the new version of lwami.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 07:10 PM   #5
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

None of the DB objects from 1.04 are moved or deleted. That is definitely not the issue.
Old 02-20-11, 03:34 AM   #6
OneShot
Grey Wolf

My guess is that he is using Win7 and has installed DW in the default directory. The Windows UAC might mess with installer and thus prevent a successful install. But we won't know more till he answers my initial question.
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-11, 09:19 AM   #7
mrlackey
Nub

Downloads: 28
Thanks for the help

using win XP SP3... .bat files not found/not present Used the installer program. ->Splash screens not working, when program starts it shows blank black screen for about a minute then the original splash screen then the startup video. --->Some how i got lwami running but if i also enable the LWAMI_MOD_APAD subs, torpedos, and missiles disappear again. Also now having a problem with the FFG towed array showing new contacts crashing the program. Have been playing the red storm rising missions->do i need to disable lwami for these missions? -----> Also where should i look for multiplayer games? Have hyperlobby client program but don't ever see any other gamers there. Thanks again for all the help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot View Post
If you used the one-click installer for LwAmi 3.10 there shouldn't be any .bat you have to execute after install. Everything is done by the installer. What operating system do you use? And where did you install LwAmi?
mrlackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-11, 12:41 PM   #8
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Do not enable the standard database and the APAD database at the same time.
Old 03-11-11, 08:23 PM   #9
boomer_killer
Watch

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
Do not enable the standard database and the APAD database at the same time.
im having the same problem and i tried this and it didnt work.
boomer_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-11, 11:35 AM   #10
RodBorza
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 19
Default Hoping in

Just hoping in the thread.

I'm having the same problem.
when I installed LwAmi the bat files didn't work. I finished installing, the game runs ok, but I get no splash screens and no subs/torps in the 3D view.

I'm running on Win 7 Home Basic -32 bit, anti-virus ruuning on background; my DW is a Steam instalation.

"On the ship sinking business since 1996"
RodBorza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-11, 11:54 AM   #11
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBorza View Post
Just hoping in the thread.

I'm having the same problem.
when I installed LwAmi the bat files didn't work. I finished installing, the game runs ok, but I get no splash screens and no subs/torps in the 3D view.

I'm running on Win 7 Home Basic -32 bit, anti-virus ruuning on background; my DW is a Steam instalation.
The .bat needs to run for the new graphics to be installed. Did you get any kind of error message that can give us a clue why they didn't run?
Old 04-04-11, 11:56 AM   #12
RodBorza
Electrician's Mate

Nope, no messages on the "why". Only I got the standard Windows messages saying the "this program cannot be run: Retry, Cancel, Skip" thing.
After retrying, I chose Skip and proceed wuth the install.

Old 04-04-11, 12:49 PM   #13
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Okay, I don't know why the .bat isn't running, but you've helped us a great deal just by telling us you're running Windows 7. Microsoft... 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Anyways, OneShot knows the installer better, since he made it, so I've asked him to take a look. If we can't figure anything out, one thing I can try is to make the graphics package available as a separate download, which in theory would allow you to run that part of the installation manually... Assuming cmputil.exe isn't being prevented from running.
Old 04-04-11, 03:32 PM   #14
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

From oneshot:

Quote:
Did you install Dangerous Waters to the default folder or do you have a separate folder. For example I use /Games in the root directory and I can install DW and LwAmi without a hitch using Win7 64Bit Ultimate

So I guess that means the root directory is better than the normal location in Program Files? Hmmm, before I thought the problems happened when people installed in places other than Program Files....
Old 04-04-11, 08:44 PM   #15
RodBorza
Electrician's Mate

The installation/saved games are on the same root directory.
And that root directory is inside Steam/Steamapps/common directory.
I don't know if it influences on something...but...
I'll try the solution given above on this thread; i.e., running the .bat files manually.