Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-11-18, 09:23 AM   #1
ExFishermanBob
Difficulties Numbing

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

Default The Pretenders / KT Tunstall / Simple Minds / Dundee

Went to this concert yesterday (in the Slessor Gardens, Dundee). Simple Minds are not really my thing, but She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed likes them.

KT used to busk in Dundee so coming back to play must have been quite something for her, and Simple Minds gave a good show. The venue is very bonny, btw: KT played in the sunshine, The Pretenders during sunset and Simple Minds in the darkness.

The Pretenders were just fantastic - the last time I saw them live was in, I think, 1981 or '82 at the Hammersmith Odeon. Chrissie Hynde's voice has neither lost any of its impact nor power in the intervening years and the current members play just as tight a set as the old band did - perfect without being studio-like. If you get the chance to see them, try to do so.

Eek! I've just realised something - now her hair is blonde, Chrissie looks like the wife. Same age too (near enough). And I've never seen them in the same room at the same time. Hmm.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...ntral-45473839
ExFishermanBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 10:10 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default FOR MAN WHO CAN'T STAND RETIREMENT

THANKS FOR SHARING THAT! GOOD TO SEE SHE 'S BACK ON THE CHAIN GANG AT 67....AS I AM... MY CONTRACT JUST GOT RENEWED; BOTH OF US ARE 67??!! THE ANTHEM FOR EVERY WORKING MAN AND A FAVORITE AS I ROCK OUT DURING MY NOW DAILY 200 MILES OF DRIVING:

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 12:34 PM   #3
ExFishermanBob
Difficulties Numbing

Downloads: 43

Ah, that would be your Mystery Achievement, Precious. And congratulations on being renewed.

Heh. Oldies unite!
ExFishermanBob is offline   Reply With Quote