SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-02-15, 05:29 PM   #241
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi Alexsej

My under standing is no you do not need to anything with the bug fixes unless you intend to use the mods that relate to the bug fixes.

In other words check the download page and you will see there are only 2 bug fixes you need to look at.
These are for use with specific mods.

(GUI Mods LSH3-2015_GUI_OLC or LSH3-2015_GUI_OLC_WIDESCREEN
GUI Mods LSH3-2015_GUI__WIDESCREEN-Addon_SH3-ClassicDials

If you are not going to use either of these mods then you do not need to fix anything.
This is my logical conclusion to the way I see it.

Personally I prefer the default dial set up with the very large compass which is a joy to use.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-15, 08:36 PM   #242
ChaosDuck7
Loader

Downloads: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi CD.

You will always start in the Erprobungstelle flotilla usually in Stralsburg or Kaseburg.
This flotilla is only ever used as a testing flotilla for new boats and not for war patrols or missions.
When docked you should immediately award medals, promotions etc and then use the telephone to transfer to another flotilla.
After transferring exit the game.
When you load the game you will see there are now 2 saves in the menu
After mission> Your docked save.
Before mission > The one you are about to start
This before mission loads to the office where you can select a new boat if one is available, equipment, torpedo load etc and make your changes to your crew,

You do not have to start pre-war in a VIIA but can start in a VIIB and upgrade later to a IXB when it becomes available.
I got my IXB on March 10th 1940.

You should have been able to transfer after your first patrol in the VIIA to a VIIB.
Radio messages will tell you when new boats become available as the game develops.

I would suggest that you look at pages 15,16, and 45 in the PDF mini manual.

When you loaded SH3Commander for the first time (Before doing the SH3 tutorial) where you saw the VIIA did you open the drop down box and see if you also had the option of a VIIB to select?

Peter
Thanks for the reply.

If i try to start a campaign via SH3 Commander, there is NO option for the type 7 for 1940 (the date I want). The earliest type 7 for the training flotilla is in 1941. That doesnt sound right to me.

I tried it your way by starting a career in commander with what was available (the type 2). I did the training flotilla, loaded into the game, docked immedietly. Then I requested a transfer to the 7th flotilla (which should have the type 7). It DID transfer me to the 7th flotilla but it kept me in the type 2 with no way of changing that I could see.

However, if I start a career NOT in Sh3 commander (as in, I launch the game via SH3 commander to get all the fixes it offers), but I start a career in game, I can select the 7th flotilla right away and get put in a type 7. Can I just do this or will it cause problems by skipping the "training flotilla" step?

Thanks!

edit:

Ok so I managed to figure out how to switch to the boat I want. Problem is, there were a lot of steps to do it.
I had to:

A. Start campaign in training flotilla via SH3 Commander
B. Load campaign
C. Launch mission in training flotilla.
D. Dock immedietly
E. Request transfer to 7th flotilla
F. Launch mission again, while still in type 2
G. Dock immedietly
H. Transfer once again to training flotilla and NOW i have the option of upgrading to a type 7. I then get all my sailors and officers, switch once again to 7th flotilla and im finally good to go.

Is it really supposed to be this complex? I just dont see what the purpose of it is. In other supermods you can just select the flotilla without having to waste time with the training flotilla.

Last edited by ChaosDuck7; 11-02-15 at 11:51 PM.
ChaosDuck7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-15, 05:26 AM   #243
THEBERBSTER

Hi CD

The simple answer is no.

There are options in SH3Commander that can be changed but SH3Commander should always be used to launch LSH3-2015 by pressing on the blue tick.
Once you get to the main menu that is where everything is done from.

Personally I have not had any problems as I went through the mini manual and printed out just a few of the relevant pages that I believed I would need to refer to once I started playing.
These instructions were certainly needed when I needed to use a milk cow as it was not a straight forward docking procedure

According the instructions on page 16 (mini manual) "Career start before the outbreak of war" you cannot transfer to the 1st or 7th flotillas until the 9th September 1939.
Unless this has changed from the previous version 5.1 basically it means you should select to transfer to the 2nd flotilla at Wilhemshaven.
You can transfer later to the 7th when it becomes active after you dock back in Wilhelmshaven by awarding your medals, promotion and qualification, click on the telephone and request the transfer to the 7th flotilla.
Once the transfer is accepted exit the game.

Unfortunately the only game instructions available is from the earlier game version v5.1
If you come back and say that it accepted your transfer to the 7th flotilla before the 9th September then this will be a change made from v5.1.

I would like to impress upon the modders of this excellent game that an instruction manual for LSH3-2015 is now long overdue and this complex issue with the transfers and how SH3Commander is used needs to be sorted so it is understandable for those of the 9,000 who downloaded the game can understand how it works.
It will be a sad issue if the game is abandoned because of the confusion of not understanding how the game works due to not having a proper set of game instructions.

Peter
Old 11-03-15, 07:25 AM   #244
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176
Default Flooding times?

Another issue I like to address;

Got hit by aircraft on the surface and lost the boat due to what extremely fast filling of the electric compartment. Even with a fully active repair crew I had no chance. Boat lost at sea. Since I have realistic repair times active the stopping of leaks got impossible. Also happened when I took a mild hit submerged.
I find the flooding times a bit too short I e the compartments flood very fast, something that was reduced in GWX. In GWX the longer repair times is a cool feature but the flooding times were adapted to it making maneuvering the damaged and chased uboot submerged a real challenge but possible to handle to certain extent.

Does anyone know which files to tweak the flooding rate???

/Gozo

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 11:09 AM   #245
Jonny-Dog
Sailor man

Downloads: 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosDuck7 View Post
Cool i may tune in!

Where did you get the swastika mod that is compatible with LSH btw?
Sorry for the late reply.

I haven't streamed lately due to some computer problems, but it's solved now.

I made the swastika mod myself, spent some hours with Photoshop.
Not only redone the German flags, but much more in-game.

I'm not sure if I can release it, as I can see the makers of LSH3 have made quite some effort to remove the swastika from their mod.

But I can't see anything wrong sharing it to a friend, asking me with a PM.
Jonny-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 11:30 AM   #246
Alexsej
Sailor man

Downloads: 125
Default Need advise

I downloaded this mod and about to start.
I have a question though:
Do I need to install all the Bugfixes before start individually??
Are they already included in the full version of the mod ?
Alexsej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 12:15 PM   #247
THEBERBSTER

Hi Alexsej

See post #252

Peter
Old 11-04-15, 01:14 PM   #248
Urmel
LSH2020 Manager

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker68 View Post
Sorry for the late reply.

I haven't streamed lately due to some computer problems, but it's solved now.

I made the swastika mod myself, spent some hours with Photoshop.
Not only redone the German flags, but much more in-game.

I'm not sure if I can release it, as I can see the makers of LSH3 have made quite some effort to remove the swastika from their mod.

But I can't see anything wrong sharing it to a friend, asking me with a PM.

Hi poker68

Shure u can release a "swastika"-Mod for LSH3 Edition 2015!
No problem with us from LSH3.

Just be shure all the files are 100% compatible wit all our original V15 GUI Mods!

My advice:

As first work... just do a "Swastika-Flags"-Mod only for the German Flags.

Please dont touch the 1024x768px and 1360x768 (WS) background TGA images yet.

U can send me your pre-release Modversion for testing it BEFORE release!
Send Mod as archive file by mail to support@lsh3.com

Greets, Urmel
Urmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 05:19 PM   #249
Shaefer
Navy Dude

Downloads: 150

Wow, just wow.
This looks amazing, but complex to install, being a modding noob and all.
But I am going to install this, and check it out.
To the creators of this pack... massive amounts of
15% Skill.

"Submarine life most of the time is hours and hours of boredom with intermittent terror thrown in to keep you on your toes!"

Shaefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 06:18 PM   #250
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208

Default Unanswered questions

First question, again; should the additional V15 MODs be applied in the order they appear in the MOD folder?

Next; I'm still hoping there is a way to fix this odd problem. If I install either of the optional GUI Widescreen Mods, I get this pop-up warning when I start the game: "sh3.exe - Entry Point Not Found...The procedure entry point Direct3DCreate9Ex could not be located in the dynamic link library d3d9.dll." If I click on the "OK" button in the warning message box several times (exactly 29 times to be accurate), the warning goes away and the game starts and runs perfectly well. But, it is annoying and I'm wondering if it will cause problems later on as the game progresses (I still haven't ventured any farther than testing in the Naval Academy training courses, using the Full Version and GUI Widescreen MOD).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop this from happening? To answer the obvious questions: yes, the OS (Win 7) and NVIDIA drivers are both current with all updates installed, and yes, the original SH3 installation was from an Ubisoft DVD, the d3d9.dll is in the main folder.

My system is an Alienware Area 51 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit, i7 960 Quad Core, 12GB DDR 1333MHz Triple Channel RAM, 1TB SATA 3Gb/s (RAID 1) 32MB Cache HDD, Dual 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GTX 460 Video Card, with a Dell U3011 monitor.

Lastly, I tried to replace the stock officer icons in the data\Menu\GUI\Layout folder (in the FULLVERSION Mod folder) with the Das Boot "OfficerA" icons from GWX3, but it didn't work. I would also like to get the crew out of their service dress uniforms and into more casual patrol attire, using Raptor's uniform mod, but I don't know if that would cause problems and I hope someone can tell me whether or not that would be the case.
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 06:45 PM   #251
THEBERBSTER

Hi CB

Enable the mods in the same order as you see them in JSGME.

Depending which GUI widescreen mod you are using the OLC mods require the bug fixes to be downloaded.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...32&postcount=3

Your 29 times problems is to do with your Nvidia gpu.
It is irritating but no harm is done.
You need to check your gpu settings.
Check the LSH3-2015 installation instructions again and check that you followed all the instructions correctly including the gpu ones.

d3d9.dll problems can sometimes be down to the Direct X application.

Peter
Old 11-04-15, 07:44 PM   #252
THEBERBSTER

Hi Shaefer

Glad to have you aboard.

This is not a difficult installation as long as you follow the pdf installations that come with the mod very carefully.

I also suggest that you have a look at the PDF mini manual for v5.1 which comes with the download.
Special attention should be paid to the following pages.

These mods are all included

The OLC widescreen mods require bug fixes from Post #3

The game should always be started from SH3Commander.
Click on the blue tick to load the game to the main menu.
When you start your new career for the first time you must do 1 of the SH3 tutorials.
When done exit the game.

All new boats have to be tested by you and your crew.
This means that you always start in the Eprobrungstelle Flotilla where you will receive orders by radio as to what your tasks are.
Do not make any changes to your boat before you have done this test mission.

You do not have to start with a VIIA but should be able to select a VIIB if you want to.
The VIIA is nothing like the VIIA in SH5 very limited capacity.

When you have completed your test mission and have returned to Stralsburg harbour press the Esc key.
On the lower right hand side you will see Dock at Stralsburg which you accept.
You will now see a desk with a telephone on it.
Click on the papers on the desk and you will be able to give out any medals, promotions, and 1 qualification.
When you have finished click on the telephone and you will see the flotillas.
Click on flotilla 2 to transfer too and you should accept the prompts.
It should say that your transfer has been accepted.
Next exit to the desktop.

When you start SH3Commander again you will see your allocated patrol grid.
After you select saved career.
The game now has 2 saves showing.
After mission > the one you have just finished.
Before mission the one you are going to start.
When you click on before mission the game loads to the office.
In here you will be able to use your renown to change your crew members for more experienced ones.
Your crew stays with you all the time in your career as you move from boat to boat.
You will also be able to upgrade your boat, equipment, and choose your torpedo load.

The game will load to Wilhelmshaven totally different from SH5 as you will have to negotiate lock gates on the way out but you can end the patrol on your return before entering the lock if you wish too.
CTRL + F will raise the flag
Check on F1 to see all the keyboard actions.

If there are any new boats available (type IXB XXI) you will be informed by radio.
The same procedure as before.
Dock.
Give out the medals etc as this has to be done as soon as you dock or you will lose them.
Use the telephone and transfer to Eprobungstelle.
Exit the game
Start the game.
Get your new boat.
Do not make any changes until after the test mission.
Do the test mission
Give out the medals
Transfer back to Flotilla 2.
And so on.

If you want to see swastikas then remove these 2 files.
Go to data\Textures\TNormal\tex
German.tga
German_m.tga

I hope you enjoy this game as much as I do, (the type IXB is awesome.)
Enjoy.

Peter

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 04-23-16 at 04:54 AM.
Old 11-05-15, 07:44 PM   #253
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208

Hello Berbster,

Thanks for your response.

I thought the optional MODs should be enabled in the same order as they are listed in JSGME, but then I read the included "Manual" for the ATM options and that says the ATM MODs should be activated after all other MODs. Plus, I recalled that h.sie specifically instructed that his MOD must be installed after all other MODs. They both can't be activated last and it seems you have successfully applied the FULLVERSION and some of the optional MODs in the order they are given; so if it works, it works and that's what I'll do.

Nope, I'm not using the using the OLC mods; so it can't be those bug fixes that need to be applied. I have double-checked and triple-checked the NVIDIA gpu settings and they are correct. I made a check-list from the Installation Instructions and have followed them step-by-step again and am still getting the same results.

I'm starting to think that it's the d3d9.dll and related configuration file that comes with the Widescreen MOD itself that's causing this problem. Just for the fun of it, I copied them both to the FULLVERSION MOD folder and activated it without the Widescreen MOD...got the same warning note and same results (actually, it only took 28 "OK" clicks to start the game!). BTW, there is no d3d9.dll file in either the Stock SH3 game folder or the un-MODed LSH3 game folder. I've even tried to re-install DirectX 9 from my SH3 DVD, but the computer is smart enough to say "no thank you, I have a newer version (DirectX 11) installed." Well, unless someone who really knows how to fix this can provide the answer, I guess I'll just live with it and keep tapping "29 OKs".

Now, if I could only figure out why replacing the OfficerA and OfficerB tga's in the data\Menu\GUI\Layout doesn't put the "Das Boot" crew into the GUI watch station Icon slots...I'd be happy enough to go finish the Naval Academy and get on with a career.

Thanks again Mate.
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-15, 11:10 AM   #254
Urmel
LSH2020 Manager

Downloads: 6

For better understanding "DX9" Problems and / or "d3d9.dll" Problems ("d3d9.dll" is a part of "DX9").

About d3d9.dll Problems:

Our “d3d9.dll” was rebuild (by Seeadler, date: 29.06.2013) special for LSH3 V15 Widescreen Mods, no other “d3d9.dll” is compatible.
Our settings in “d3d9.ini” need that “d3d9.dll”, no other works fine.

The two “d3d9.dll” and “d3d9.ini” files only need by active additional GUI WIDESCREEN Mods.
If no WS Mod is active “d3d9.dll” and “d3d9.ini” should be NOT EXIST in the SH3 installation folder!
Be shure and check that, coas JSGME sometimes “forget” do deactivate these files by deactivating a WS Mod!

About DX9 Problems:

DX10 or DX11 are NOT compatible to DX9 file versions.
To run SH3 the old/original DX9 files version is mandatory!!!

By installing older games do never disable their “old/original” DX version!
Coase; by installing older Games/DX Versions Windows analyze these files and create a compatible copy/variant of these (old) DX files into the System library.
Means; if original DX9 files not installed the SH3 installation will not work fine, especially not in WS resolution!

Advice by SH3 start > DX problems:

a) Remove/unistall game SH3 and delete all existing SH3 files/folder and restart computer

b) after that maybe use a tool to clean obsolete SH3 settings in Registry
Free Tools like “Wise Registry Cleaner” or “CCleaner” works fine

c) Reinstall SH3 again including the old/original DX9 game version

Another Tip is to install the latest…
Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtime provides updates to 9.0c and previous versions of DirectX
» https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ylang=en&id=35

These workarounds mostly fix such problems.

That’s more or less all I can say and explain (with my limited english).

regards, Urmel
Urmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-15, 05:47 PM   #255
Alexsej
Sailor man

Downloads: 125
Default No visible torpedo damage

There is no visible hole at ship hull after torpedo impact.

Is there any submod?
Alexsej is offline   Reply With Quote