SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-23-09, 08:20 AM   #16
linerkiller
Captain

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

boys...i think we could resist some more days...marko is busy with his real life now, but i'm sure that he will solve all our problems with the mod very soon.

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
http://www.youtube.com/user/willembrock
linerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-09, 11:17 AM   #17
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22
I hope so!
Btw: I love your Sig!
Best regards
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 08:55 AM   #18
asanovic7
Captain

Downloads: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6Intruder View Post
Yes!
I got CTD`s in Kiel, Helgoland and Ca...(Southern Italy). It worked one time from Ostende. The rest i did not try until now. I tried under a clean GWX3 Installation.
Best regards.
Why so cheerful yes? :rotfl:

I will try it today.. It doesn't suppose to crack.. ??
Thanks, S, for discovering such crucial faults..

Numbers? Beta..

About mfm.. Sorry, guys, but even though those ships are beautiful I don't believe they can withstand the pressure of starting a campaign with gwx3.0 in a matter of speaking like
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 08:58 AM   #19
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Darn... I get cdt everytime now... guess Im gonna have to reinstall SH3/GWX.
Old 07-24-09, 10:29 AM   #20
asanovic7
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force View Post
Darn... I get cdt everytime now... guess Im gonna have to reinstall SH3/GWX.
Hum hum.. anyone having these kind of problems?
Old 07-24-09, 11:18 AM   #21
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovic7 View Post
Why so cheerful yes? :rotfl:
Not cheerfull. Only the awnser on linerkillers question
Best regards
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-09, 10:36 AM   #22
asanovic7
Captain

Default hey

Kidding, S! :rotfl:

Yep, ctd is true with "blank" GWX.. But, it works with sh3commander files.. Well, I am to blame, I pretty much use sh3commander always when I turn up campaign, so forgot to test with "pure" version..
Sorry!

So, please, people, use sh3commander until I figure out what I dorkstar galactically speaking fracked up..

and yes, I have a hard hangover, so it will last.. :rotfl:

Cheers!
Old 07-25-09, 10:50 PM   #23
Sag75
XO

Downloads: 45

Hi!

I have CTD too!!

using GWX3 w/o any mods.

Betasom - XI Gruppo Sommergibili Atlantici
http://www.betasom.it/forum/index.php
Sag75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-09, 11:53 PM   #24
Easy_Eight65
Swab Jockey

Downloads: 323
Default BETA FEEDBACK REPORT: [REL]Mikhayls Playable S-boot 1.7 for GWX 3.0

Per your request, I'm posting some in-game issues I have experienced -- hope these can be resolved easily -- otherwise having a blast with this excellent mod!

Easy_Eight65

Issues:

1. Unable to update my SH3Cmder Personnel File - getting error pop-up: "invalid argument to date encode" (not using realistic crew options or randomised events per your instructions)

2. CTD when starting career In Kiel, 1st Flotilla (1939). Also CTD when starting a career In Helgoland, 2nd Flotilla (1940). *Finally able to successfully start my current career in Cherbourg, 4th Flotilla (1941)...which is too bad because I reallly wanted to try out the early S-class boats (i.e. the S-7) that are no longer available in 1941.

3. "Next Patrol Grid" is always set to '0' (zero) in the SH3Cmder launch screen. Are there orders that are specially scripted for s-boot campaigns? If so, they are failing to load in my SH3Cmder. Am I supposed to manually choose a grid?

4. I consistently get killed due to "hull pressure" when transiting rough, choppy seas (even with crew in Damage Control). Is this a bug? If so, is there a fix for it? I haven't seen anything in the forums about this issue -- somewhat frustrating since the real s-boots were designed to hold up easily in these extreme sea states.

5. No matter what emblem I select at the in-base upgrade screen, the image consistently appears extremely enlarged and fractured in-game -- rendered and divided into large pieces on the starboard, port and stern of the s-boot.

6. Last, a somewhat subjective question: taste and mod preference differ from player to player, I know...but would you (or anyone) mind posting some sound, graphic and gameplay mods that you feel would enhance or compliment v1.7 playable s-boot mod experience in GWX 3.0? A short list of "don't enable" mods would be helpful too in order to clarify which tweaks, mod fixes, etc. are out-dated and no longer compatible with the most current version of Playable S-boot.

"You may fire when ready, Gridley." --Commodore George Dewey
Easy_Eight65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-09, 12:51 AM   #25
linerkiller
Captain

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy_Eight65 View Post
Per your request, I'm posting some in-game issues I have experienced -- hope these can be resolved easily -- otherwise having a blast with this excellent mod!

Easy_Eight65

Issues:

1. Unable to update my SH3Cmder Personnel File - getting error pop-up: "invalid argument to date encode" (not using realistic crew options or randomised events per your instructions)

2. CTD when starting career In Kiel, 1st Flotilla (1939). Also CTD when starting a career In Helgoland, 2nd Flotilla (1940). *Finally able to successfully start my current career in Cherbourg, 4th Flotilla (1941)...which is too bad because I reallly wanted to try out the early S-class boats (i.e. the S-7) that are no longer available in 1941.

3. "Next Patrol Grid" is always set to '0' (zero) in the SH3Cmder launch screen. Are there orders that are specially scripted for s-boot campaigns? If so, they are failing to load in my SH3Cmder. Am I supposed to manually choose a grid?

4. I consistently get killed due to "hull pressure" when transiting rough, choppy seas (even with crew in Damage Control). Is this a bug? If so, is there a fix for it? I haven't seen anything in the forums about this issue -- somewhat frustrating since the real s-boots were designed to hold up easily in these extreme sea states.

5. No matter what emblem I select at the in-base upgrade screen, the image consistently appears extremely enlarged and fractured in-game -- rendered and divided into large pieces on the starboard, port and stern of the s-boot.

6. Last, a somewhat subjective question: taste and mod preference differ from player to player, I know...but would you (or anyone) mind posting some sound, graphic and gameplay mods that you feel would enhance or compliment v1.7 playable s-boot mod experience in GWX 3.0? A short list of "don't enable" mods would be helpful too in order to clarify which tweaks, mod fixes, etc. are out-dated and no longer compatible with the most current version of Playable S-boot.
Hi Easy_Eight65
I have not played with the mod yet, but i know how to fix some of your issues.

1- i dont know...i never used sh3 cmdr with s-boot
2-I still have to play with the mod because of game crashes Asanovic is trying to fix the problems. but I hope that early boats could be chosen also in the late years! I love early boats too!
3-S-boot mod uses a different patrol system. Don't set any patrol grid!
4--Asanovic must have already fixed this issue also in prevous releases...do you use something like sh3 cmdr options for double waves or a olc mod not supported by s-boot?
5-If you want a emblem, do it yourself following Asanovic's instructions for doing that (first post of the thread). DO NOT use already existing emblems They don't work. again this is explained in the first page of the thread.
happy hunting

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
http://www.youtube.com/user/willembrock
linerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-09, 11:19 AM   #26
Easy_Eight65
Swab Jockey

Default BETA FEEDBACK REPORT: [REL]Mikhayls Playable S-boot 1.7 for GWX 3.0

Mikhayl: many thanks for your reply -- especially the helpful targetting info you posted on making torpedo runs -- terrific stuff. Just sank BB Warspite with two torps at 2800 meters (at night) off the SW coast of Ireland -- an incredibly lucky kill, I know (I must have hit one of the gun magazines...dejavu HMS Hood, anyone?) so I will adjust my tactical SOP accordingly for more consistent tonnage. Looking forward to v2.0 of the Beta!

Another question: do the 1.7 playable s-boot skins change with each new upgrade? I assume I should not apply any of the skins modded for GWX 2.1 that are posted at BTS -- correct?

LK: also many thanks for your reply -- re: hull pressure death -- no, I'm not using any OLC mods except "improved searchlight beams". Is there another recommended OLC mod that I can use in GWX 3.0 for playable s-boot? Anyway, I'll take a look at the wave option info in SH3 Cmdr and reduce accordingly -- I think this will save me from aborting many future missions in bad weather and forcing to RTB....damn Kanal weather.

Regarding boot emblems - I have virtually no experience with modding, but I did some research and found that 4th Flotilla s-boots used the "stalking Black Panther" emblem -- so I'll tinker with something in the template via Asanovic's instructions and post it in the workshop forum if it comes out OK.

Re: Patrol grids -- so do I leave the default setting at zero? I actually set coordinates myself before last patrol -- no problems (as far as I know and got credit credit in the mission log for reaching / completing my patrol). Would it be logical to assume that I'll get renown for this if I enable the new GWX "renown replacement" mod?

Old 07-28-09, 12:29 PM   #27
Easy_Eight65
Swab Jockey

Default S-65 sinks HMS Warspite, Jan. 1941

I know this isn't exactly a photo thread but...

WO: "HMS Rodney and HMS Warspite sighted - initiate torpedo run!"

Torpedo impact! Torpedo impact! -- HMS Warspite sunk by S-65 for 36,000+ GRT. Lt. z. S. Bödke awarded Knights Cross, 2nd Class. Promoted to Oberleutnant.

Lucky shot? Absolutely! Dejavu HMS Hood, anyone? I must have hit a magazine store...chilling. See Mikhayl's recent post to this thread for recommended tactical SOP re: torpedo attacks.

Old 07-28-09, 12:55 PM   #28
Easy_Eight65
Swab Jockey

Default SH3 Cmdr fix for "Hull Pressure death" in Playable S-boot v1.7

Hi LK:

Can't find the post you were referring to...but I opened my SH3 Cmdr and see that my "Set Wave Height" option is unselected. Here are all the choices:

Standard (1.0x)
1.25x
1.5x
Double (2.0x)
Seasonal

So my question is: what option do I choose to avoid capsizing my s-boot and joining Davy Jones in his locker -- Standard (1.0x)? Seasonal?

Easy_Eight65

Old 07-28-09, 01:37 PM   #29
Easy_Eight65
Swab Jockey

Default So much for modding the S-boot 4th flotilla emblem...

it's already been done in GWX 2.1 (below). Looks great! So Mikhayl --begging the obvious question: where do I find this emblem? (Did I miss it in the upgrades screen?) And if it was designed for GWX 2.1, will it work for Playbale S-boot v1.7 in GWX 3.0?

Old 07-28-09, 06:32 PM   #30
Easy_Eight65
Swab Jockey

Default Going forward with 4th Flotilla S-boot emblem design

...guess I answered my own question: the older s-boot emblems do not in fact work in v.1.7 / GWX 3.0. Can anyone tell me where I can find Asanovic's s-boot template instructions? Can't find anything in the forum threads for the life of me. Thanks.

Easy_Eight65