SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-17, 01:11 PM   #32
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
What rocket is the 217 m/s figure relative to ?
The 5" FFAR. From Wikipedia : Performance was limited because of the increased weight, limiting speed to 780 km/h (= 217 m/s).

Quote:
I don't know if velocity inherited from the launching aircraft is simulatred in game for gun shells. An easy way to test it would be giving the rocket launcher a ridiculously low speed, and see if the rocket falls down almost vertically rather than following a parabolic trajectory.
I think it's not simulate, but that's just my opinion. Tests are needed to check.

Quote:
On an unrelated note, long ago I had an idea for making rockets to disappear from their racks after launch, but never had time to test it:
I though about that too. Have to try !

Quote:
- make it destroyable, and create a new zone for it with a very low AP value (so that it can take damage from an explosive charge with low penetration properties) and a very high HP value (so that even if damaged by normal ordnance, it wont be easily detsroyed as long as its parent projector is not destroyed)
You mean AL, not AP ? Armor level ?

Quote:
- create a new muzzle flash effect for the virtual rocket gun, and make it to spawn an explosive charge (similar to TDW's fire effects)
What is TDW ?