SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-28-17, 09:35 AM   #4786
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I probably missed some conversation about the sonar guy, so this may be moot...
Another thing we keep forgetting about, in spite of me having the current public beta in one install, and what we're currently working on in another, is that I'm looking at what we're doing instead of what we did, when it comes to diagnosing some things. Sonar is one of those things that went "quiet" in v.60 (.61) in several situations, and functions as intended in what we're working on now. Hopefully here soon, we'll have the new mix up...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 10:00 AM   #4787
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

@ mark bonamer. With a Windows 7 computer and 8 gigs of ram you're not doing yourself any favors by not using Large Address Aware...especially with a heavily modded game that Fotrs Ultimate features. Those extra ship units and the mission/patrols using them, requires your computer to run at its best. Just having additional memory won't change a thing with a game that was specifically designed to only go to 2 gigs of Ram memory maximum. Silent Hunter 4 was designed over 10 years ago, side by side with SHIII. They were not designed to access more than 2 gigs of memory, no matter how much you may have in your computer....just won't happen! The execution (.exe) game file needs to be altered to accept additional memory, that's what LAA will do.

Even with a Windows 7 OS, I suggest you read the "Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install". Knowing where you should install your game, how to set up your game, will make a difference in how it runs....especially on OS systems that came after the designing of the game (which was made with Windows XP in mind).

Following the "Tips for stable gameplay" is important too.

=============

As far as your modded game......

Quote:
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.61_PublicBeta_E N
110_FallOfTheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.60_KongoFix
200_Medals Fix IV for v1.5 - STOCK by Latency
3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1600x)
Don't use Latency's Medals Fix, its a cheap imitation of my original medals fix mod that's already in Fotrs Ultimate. That guy ought to run out on a rail for stealing my work, and bragging he did something special!!

We're about to upload a new version of Fotrs Ultimate Beta v0.62, I'd hold off on passing judgement on this work-in-progress mod.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 06-28-17 at 10:14 AM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 12:35 PM   #4788
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

ok, i'll take your advice and apply MAA and wait for the next release.
thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 02:47 PM   #4789
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
Image with target ID;

I put the Corvette Subchaser into a test misson and sure enough.....no Hydrophone sound at any speed will be heard by the player. The v0.62 (yet to be released) SonarMan picked it up with its active Sonar as expected but you can't hear it with manual Hydrophone use, at ANY speed.

I've been at this for the last eight hours (a couple last night, 6 today) and I've yet to find the "cure" for this AuxSubchaser. I've done everything I can think of to get the unit to create passive hydrophone use....it's not happening?!? Changed the sounds to working .wav files from other ships....nope; Changed the ID's at least twice....nope; Changed the entire folder to something else.....no luck; Even switched out the .dat audio files for other working audio files....empty!!

The only thing I've been successful to doing while testing the AuxSubchaser has been testing other Corvette's and even the stock game Nippon Tanker (Large Modern Tanker) with the issue of not hearing them when their traveling below Half their Max_Speed figure......yep still confirmed. You drop the Nippon to 6 kts you'll not hear it. Pick up the speed to 7 kts and above you'll hear it just fine. It was some of these ship's sounds I was pairing with the AuxSubchaser to see if I could get it to respond......nope, not going to work! I just don't understand why this unit doesn't respond to changes made for sound, while others will.

Anyway your right Jldjs, we can't hear the Corvette Subchaser Class ship with the passive hydrophone.

Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
Old 06-28-17, 03:49 PM   #4790
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

cool Bismark Dat Error

Look at the highlighted area.

NBB_Bismark AA20 fix in area 51.
Old 06-28-17, 05:08 PM   #4791
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
@ mark bonamer. With a Windows 7 computer and 8 gigs of ram you're not doing yourself any favors by not using Large Address Aware...especially with a heavily modded game that Fotrs Ultimate features. Those extra ship units and the mission/patrols using them, requires your computer to run at its best. Just having additional memory won't change a thing with a game that was specifically designed to only go to 2 gigs of Ram memory maximum. Silent Hunter 4 was designed over 10 years ago, side by side with SHIII. They were not designed to access more than 2 gigs of memory, no matter how much you may have in your computer....just won't happen! The execution (.exe) game file needs to be altered to accept additional memory, that's what LAA will do.

Even with a Windows 7 OS, I suggest you read the "Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install". Knowing where you should install your game, how to set up your game, will make a difference in how it runs....especially on OS systems that came after the designing of the game (which was made with Windows XP in mind).

Following the "Tips for stable gameplay" is important too.

=============

As far as your modded game......

Don't use Latency's Medals Fix, its a cheap imitation of my original medals fix mod that's already in Fotrs Ultimate. That guy ought to run out on a rail for stealing my work, and bragging he did something special!!

We're about to upload a new version of Fotrs Ultimate Beta v0.62, I'd hold off on passing judgement on this work-in-progress mod.

Scurv,

so, i took your advice and applied the LAA, rebooted, started after mission 2 in port. i get three days into the mission with a couple of kills and i am just slowing cruising on patrol and WHAM..... CTD. {sigh} yeah, it's only a game but....man.

LAA enabled
Old 06-28-17, 05:10 PM   #4792
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Scurv,

so, i took your advice and applied the LAA, rebooted, started after mission 2 in port. i get three days into the mission with a couple of kills and i am just slowing cruising on patrol and WHAM..... CTD. {sigh} yeah, it's only a game but....man.

LAA enabled
Old 06-28-17, 05:40 PM   #4793
propbeanie

Did you see any sonar lines when that happened mark bonamer? Radar report, anything? Maybe slight "hiccup" as something was generating a spawn near you? We might still have an errant ship call that's bad in there, in spite of our continual searching...

What day was it (approx), time of day if you have it, location as close as you can get it, and where were you sailing from, and what was your assignment? Any (and more) info you can supply will help us narrow down any possibilities... If nothing else, there will be a court-martial to determine the level of dereliction of duty, and the method of punishment to death, for having allowed your boat to hit a mine... - least, that's ~our~ story

Old 06-28-17, 05:43 PM   #4794
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Look at the highlighted area.

NBB_Bismark AA20 fix in area 51.
Wow. Talk about finding a "detail". Excellent! is that one of the AA guns?

I wonder about the "Corvette Subchaser Class" above and if there's any sound controllers in the DAT for it?... CapnScurvy, can the ship be heard if you zoom the external camera over to it? Seems to me that it made "noise" in the Museum, but I can'r remember exactly. Is this the clone of another? or the original??... (propbeanie leaves room to other computer)

Old 06-28-17, 06:08 PM   #4795
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1786
Uploads: 0

Okay gent's I have a few things to let you know about. I am running a Balao from Brisbane in January 1944. I have the SJ Radar on its highest power setting. Wind is 0 knots.

1. When in free cam the radar isn't turning. It's turning on the scope but not showing it on the free cam.

2. My watch spotted a medium modern split freighter at 8250 yards. Never showed up on radar. Bearing was 280 when spotted.

3. I know this has been discussed before but the recharge times are way to long.

4. Are you going to add new campaign start bases that follow the allied advance. Look at Travellers mods, He added forward bases like Guam in late 1944.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 06:45 PM   #4796
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Wow. Talk about finding a "detail". Excellent! is that one of the AA guns?

I wonder about the "Corvette Subchaser Class" above and if there's any sound controllers in the DAT for it?... CapnScurvy, can the ship be heard if you zoom the external camera over to it? Seems to me that it made "noise" in the Museum, but I can'r remember exactly. Is this the clone of another? or the original??... (propbeanie leaves room to other computer)
There are sound controllers in the .dat file, and yes the ship can be heard when you zoom in on it in the external camera. Just won't be heard with the Hydrophone manual use.

As far as I know, its the original AuxSubchaser from MadMax's group of original files.

Quote:
Old 06-28-17, 06:48 PM   #4797
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
Scurv,

One thing, don't reuse a previously saved point to "Test" your changes. Never do this with changed modded files. As we said, the V0.62 Bets will be out soon, try following your Campaign then....but make sure you don't use the older modded files....clean out your Documents/SH4 folder.

Quote:
Old 06-28-17, 09:36 PM   #4798
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Hey guys

Where in FORTS would the harpoon for the whalechaser be located? Well as the proper director and gun turrets for BB alabama? They dont show up when I import them.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-17, 12:59 AM   #4799
Berserker
Aggressive skipper

Downloads: 2166
Uploads: 0

Just being nit picky but doesn't the flag on a warship/submarine belong on the rear of the conning tower...And the flag still looks like a wet piece of cardboard flapping in the wind...Any way to put tmo 2.5 flag in its place??
Old 06-29-17, 09:34 AM   #4800
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Actually, in mission, the flag on a submarine shouldn't be seen at all and we're working on eliminating them entirely. We just have bigger fish to fry right now.

Gameplay first, eyecandy second. But we'll get to it.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote