SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-18-10, 04:36 AM   #46
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Thanks gutted, I'll do some further investigation.
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-10, 06:35 AM   #47
Ernesto78
Watch

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Default other link to install language packs

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer View Post
Voice Recognition for SH5 – v1.2 - by skwas

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

* Windows Vista
* Windows 7
* English language pack must be installed!!!
See Windows Update to install a language pack. Alternatively, check these links:
http://windows7center.com/news/windows-7-rtm-language-packs-now-available-via-windows-update/
http://keznews.com/6149_Download_Windows_7_MUI_Language_Packs_-_Official_32-bit_and_64-bit_Direct_Download_Links
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934377

IMPORTANT: Any older platform may likely NOT work and cause CTD’s.

Assistence needed to further improve the commands, and in the future for localization (once the mod has proven to be stable and functional enough)!
Hi,

i tried to install another laguage pack with this links, but it didn't work.

I found a tool (called vistalizator) to change laguage in all versions of Windows 7 and Vista.
I downloaded the laguage pack from your link an installed it with the tool. Now i can chance the language in speech recognition's options.

here's the link to the tool, hope it's ok to post it here.

http://www.chip.de/downloads/Vistalizator_31709612.html

It's a link to a german magazin, but tool is in english. Always click on download...

...waiting for localisation for germany...

CU

Last edited by Ernesto78; 03-18-10 at 06:52 AM.
Ernesto78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-10, 07:43 AM   #48
Gusteno8
Seaman

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernesto78 View Post
Hi,

i tried to install another laguage pack with this links, but it didn't work.

I found a tool (called vistalizator) to change laguage in all versions of Windows 7 and Vista.
I downloaded the laguage pack from your link an installed it with the tool. Now i can chance the language in speech recognition's options.

here's the link to the tool, hope it's ok to post it here.

http://www.chip.de/downloads/Vistalizator_31709612.html

It's a link to a german magazin, but tool is in english. Always click on download...

...waiting for localisation for germany...

CU
Holy Crap! This worked! I am so happppy

Thank you sooo much! No i just need the Windows Speech recognition i think, because it's not istalled im my Windows.

Thanks again! You are my hero!

I tested the SHSpeechTest, and now it does not crash. But I only got an empty blank window.
Whats wrong? It does not work ingame.
Gusteno8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-10, 08:13 AM   #49
skwasjer
The Old Man

The main window should not be blank. Please post the details (or better, a screenshot)

@ernesto, good find, but does it allow you to use the mod in English?
Old 03-18-10, 08:30 AM   #50
Gusteno8
Seaman

Well.
Its just blan.

Dont know if the pic is going to give you anything but here it go!

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/speechtest.jpg

EDIT: Before when it CTD, i didn't have any Speech recogtnition program, as my Windows was in Swedish only with no abbility to update or install English languagepack.

But when i used Ernestos link above, i finally could download and install English language pack.
I treid VAC builder, another Voice recognition program before English language pack installed, which didn't work because I needed the Windows speech recognition. But when i installed languagepack, and
Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1 i managed to get VAC to work.

But still, the mod doesn't work, and neither is Speechtest. I guess the MOD does not get any contact, or does not know i have Microsoft Speech SDK installed.

Hope you understand what I am saying. English is not my native language.

Last edited by Gusteno8; 03-18-10 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-18-10, 08:37 AM   #51
Ernesto78
Watch

Downloads: 12

Quote:
The main window should not be blank. Please post the details (or better, a screenshot)

@ernesto, good find, but does it allow you to use the mod in English?
I didn't test it till now, but try tonight or tomorrow. I'll post the result after trying...
Ernesto78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-10, 08:41 AM   #52
skwasjer
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusteno8 View Post
Well.
Its just blan.

Dont know if the pic is going to give you anything but here it go!

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/speechtest.jpg
Hehe, redownload the mod (it's now v1.2), this new test application provides more info now
Sorry for the confusion

Try to say something like 'ahead flank', or simply 'fire'. Oh, and make sure the right language is selected and obviously the microphone is properly set up (you can test this in Windows it's own Speech recognition panel).

As you can see, I also have the german pack installed but this one is not used as of yet. The SHSpeechTest uses the English speech engine from Windows. Also note, my Regional language is set to Dutch!

Last edited by skwasjer; 03-18-10 at 08:53 AM.
Old 03-18-10, 08:59 AM   #53
Gusteno8
Seaman

Thanks for the help, Im getting closer and closer.

It seems everything sgould work now. But it does not recieve any commands. Im positive my microphone is working, its a brand new headset and I'v tested it in voice recorder.
Old 03-18-10, 09:07 AM   #54
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

First, you should get your speech recognition working. Use the settings in the control panel (for speech recognition) for setting up microphone and do the training of the voice engine to see if that works.
Not assume, cause your mic is brand new. The voice recognition has to work. Better safe than sorry.
To access it, try a search in control panel/ease of access/speech recognition.

Once that is done, you can go ahead any try it with skwasjer's program.
Old 03-18-10, 09:18 AM   #55
Gusteno8
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKoch View Post
First, you should get your speech recognition working. Use the settings in the control panel (for speech recognition) for setting up microphone and do the training of the voice engine to see if that works.
Not assume, cause your mic is brand new. The voice recognition has to work. Better safe than sorry.
To access it, try a search in control panel/ease of access/speech recognition.

Once that is done, you can go ahead any try it with skwasjer's program.
I managed to get Speech recognition to work. I can open folders and internet and icons. (Pretty cool, didn't know there was anything like this)

But still, the SHSpeechtest does not work.
Old 03-18-10, 09:26 AM   #56
skwasjer
The Old Man

Very well, those screenshots look perfectly fine. Now there may still be an issue with SHSpeechTest not finding the correct input source (iow. it does not listen to the microphone, but to another input source like a line in). I will have to check this out and try to see if I can make this selectable.

But it shouldn't need to be. I know that if you make it the 'default' input device in Recording options, that it should work. The microphone may work for you as a default 'communication' device, but this is not the same as the default 'input' device.

Perhaps it is set correctly for you, but I'm just throwing ideas out here, because there could be a different reason for everyone why it does not work. Also note that you have to restart the app when changing this setting!!!

You can also overrule it from the speechrecognition settings by clicking the 'Advanced' button, then you get this dialog:

If you leave it at preferred, the default microphone will be used as selected in the previous screenshot. Otherwise, you can fix a specific microphone for speech usage...

NOTE: if all looks ok in the test-app but it does not respond, then chances are you can get it to work by verifying these settings. If I select a different input source, the test-app does nothing for me too

Last edited by skwasjer; 03-18-10 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-18-10, 09:28 AM   #57
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I am an old and very slow man.

Last edited by KarlKoch; 03-18-10 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-18-10, 09:38 AM   #58
skwasjer
The Old Man

np, look at my edit
Old 03-18-10, 09:38 AM   #59
Gusteno8
Seaman

Quote:
Very well, those screenshots look perfectly fine. Now there may still be an issue with SHSpeechTest not finding the correct input source (iow. it does not listen to the microphone, but to another input source like a line in). I will have to check this out and try to see if I can make this selectable.

But it shouldn't need to be. I know that if you make it the 'default' input device in Recording options, that it should work. The microphone may work for you as a default 'communication' device, but this is not the same as the default 'input' device.

Perhaps it is set correctly for you, but I'm just throwing ideas out here, because there could be a different reason for everyone why it does not work. Also note that you have to restart the app when changing this setting!!!

You can also overrule it from the speechrecognition settings by clicking the 'Advanced' button, then you get this dialog:

If you leave it at preferred, the default microphone will be used as selected in the previous screenshot. Otherwise, you can fix a specific microphone for speech usage...
The wrong microphone was selected, but still NOTING..
Im soo close. C'mon!

EDIT: Just want tell, I really appreciate all the help so far!
Relly Thanks!
Old 03-18-10, 09:46 AM   #60
skwasjer
The Old Man

Did you run the 'Configure microphone'? Does the volume detection bar show any input? After changing all these settings, make sure to close the
windows speech applet, close the test app and then relaunch it... I'm fairly confident this is all there is to it. I can't think of anything else at the moment.

If not, then you will need to have some more patience so I can spend some time expanding the test app to check for issues.

[edit] Perhaps I've set my recognizer to 'strict' so that it ignores speech that is not fluent enough. I didn't have any problems, but my English is reasonable... I can change this and make it less strict in the next version.