SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-29-16, 02:32 PM   #496
Ashikaga
Commodore

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Hey Kevin,

I just discovered voice attack and bought it.
Did not know that the speech test.exe was to be used for the speech commands in SH5

Superb. When using the talk button the commands are working like a charm. Well not all but that is changeable if I read it correctly in the documentation folder.

Now I am looking for a list with German commands so that I can use German (I have three language packs installed atm on my win7. Just need to switch back to the Dutch pack to use windows update. But it seems like everything works now. Just that blasted UI popping up whenever I do not want it to hahahaha. (see my rant).

Thanks for the great help guys !

Ashikaga
Ashikaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-16, 02:58 PM   #497
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3

You only need to use Speech test exe to test that everything is working. If you use the Options File Editor Viewer (OFEV) you can make everything in the UI mouse in/out so even with the UI active, you don't see anything until you mouse over it. There is also show/hide commands for just about everything in Speech Recognition_MiTonsEdition_v0.4 including for the UI. I printed out the commands list and it was 111 pages of different ways to say the various commands!

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-16, 04:39 PM   #498
Ashikaga
Commodore

Hey Kevin, I need to find that OFEV editor somewhere. New to the game as well as modding the game.

My biggest problem now is with the confidence level in game.
When I use text.exe and lower it it gets ALL my German commands.
When I edit the PY file and replace it in MODS (Both the big MODS folder as the original Speech recog folder) It will not change.
When I click on the mic in the game the smaller window pops up and the confidence level as well as the sea awash level are 70 and 7.5

Which really sucks since the awash level for any U boat should be 3.5 and I want to lower that confidence level. Also, the test.exe when opened in game does not have any effect on speech recog when enabled. So somehow that does not work. Even more annoying.

One minute the commands all work, the next minute they do not.

Very frustrating hahahahaha

Will look into that mouse over thing you mentioned. That would be a great solution.

Ashikaga.

Old 08-29-16, 05:35 PM   #499
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

The Options File Editor Viewer is located in C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Applications\OptionsFileEditorViewer. I just put a shortcut on the desktop to make it easily accessable and it will also require you to point it to your SH5 install and also TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py Also THEBURBSTER Tutororials http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804 contains just about everything on "How To" with SH5.

Here is a link to download my TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py
which has all the mouse in/out stuff activated that you can try without having to set it up yourself. I can't remember if TWoS already has this as default. Just rename the original file and use this one instead. TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file is located at: C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Scripts\Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py

https://www.mediafire.com/?7qvadan73ksnxkb

Old 08-29-16, 05:52 PM   #500
Ashikaga
Commodore

I must say I do not have any Ubisoft directory but just a Silent Hunter 5 one.

That is what you get if you get the game for free online. (naughty me)

Thank you for the file as well as the explanation and the link to the Tutorial !

I still need to find a way to work around the confidence level so the game will understand the German commands I give. It is moody, just like R2D2. Sometimes it does what I want, sometimes it does not

Ashikaga.

Oh by the way I can find the install path but I have so many menu.txt files due to the TWOS Mod I do not know which one to set the path to. The same problem I find with the speech.py files.

So basically I would not know which one to go to.

This is the case also for the Page speech.py files.

Last edited by Ashikaga; 08-29-16 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-30-16, 02:48 AM   #501
Ashikaga
Commodore

The file you sent me works like a charm and is exactly what I wanted.

THANK YOU !

The only problem I am still experiencing is that I cannot lower the confidence level in the game when I start the speech engine below 70. Not even when I change the page py file in Data. It simply refuses to change the settings

And that frankly messes up the entire speech recognition because at the moment (in German) the speech recognition only recognizes

AUFTAUCHEN and AUF SEHRORTIEFE GEHEN.

So is there anyone on here who actually managed to change that confidence setting ? If so please help me.

Ashikaga.
Old 08-30-16, 03:22 AM   #502
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Use your mouse wheel over the numbers to change them.

Old 08-30-16, 05:59 AM   #503
Ashikaga
Commodore

Okay with update 16.5 I can scroll the confidence level down now.

The major problem still being that only a few voice commands are accepted and not every time.
Sometimes I need to disable and enable voice recognition in the game before it will accept a command.

My verdict at this time is that it does not work the way it should work which sucks.
Command Aces of the Deep voice control worked way better.

Ashikaga.

Last edited by Ashikaga; 08-30-16 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-13-16, 09:41 AM   #504
Xall
Mate

Downloads: 137
Icon9 Having trouble using this amazing mod.

Using Wolves of Steel Mega Mod 1.6 with 1.61 patch.
Cannot turn on the Voice Recognition in game (Although it appears in the game and the other configurations can be changed with the mouse wheel), SHSpeechEngineTest does not work either when not in game not picking up my commands or mic.

I messed around with the windows speech recognition itself and set it up properly.

I am using the German Voice version with the NewUIs.

I cannot figure out what could be the problem... would appreciate any suggestions. This game is just not the same without it!

I also messed around with the OptionsFileEditorViewer
however I could not see anything in there that could activate the mic or not.
Maybe I missed it? I made sure to disable the mods and the re-enabled them later.

EDIT: The English version works just fine ingame.
Its the German version that does not seem to work.

Last edited by Xall; 11-13-16 at 10:27 AM.
Xall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 11:15 AM   #505
joselcrack20
Swabbie

Downloads: 8
Default Microphone is not recognized

I open the test machine to try some commands but although it says "Listening" I can check that the app is not using the microphone my laptop has. What should I do?

SYSTEM SPECS: Windows 10 Home version 19041.572 (2004) (HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-dh0xxx), Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz, nVidia graphic card
joselcrack20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 10:34 AM   #506
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Downloads: 313

I need help. I've switched all the language settings on my PC to English ( I'm from Italy and I'm using Win10 ) but the VRfSH5 do not recognise it. It recognise the regional and UI ( English UK or English US ) but even if I've switched the system language to English the VRfSH5 program continues to "see" my language as set in Italian...

Any idea how to solve this?

Viktor_Prien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 02:01 PM   #507
Kedishen
Seaman

Downloads: 79

Windows 10 Users

Make sure you have the English (United States) recogniser installed and set to default. For whatever reason, other english based recognisers do not work.

Additionally, set to run as administrator, set compatibility to Windows 7 and unblock the exe and dll from Smartscreen (right click, properties, unblock)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speechrecog.jpg (74.9 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Kedishen; 09-03-21 at 02:49 PM.
Kedishen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 02:41 PM   #508
Kedishen
Seaman

Downloads: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor_Prien View Post
I need help. I've switched all the language settings on my PC to English ( I'm from Italy and I'm using Win10 ) but the VRfSH5 do not recognise it. It recognise the regional and UI ( English UK or English US ) but even if I've switched the system language to English the VRfSH5 program continues to "see" my language as set in Italian...

Any idea how to solve this?
Do you have the recogniser set to the United States package in windows? I also have 2 recognisers installed, however the US one shows first in the test app.

"MS-1033-80-DESK, MS-2057-80-DESK" is what mine shows.

"MS-2057-80-DESK, MS-1033-80-DESK" is what yours shows. Makes me think that you don't have US set to default recogniser.

If you dont know how, go to:

Control Panel

Time & Language

Speech (on left side)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg speechrecog2.jpg (72.5 KB, 73 views)
Kedishen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-21, 10:19 PM   #509
slimth
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi, and thankyou for this AMAZING mod it has TRANSFORMED my SH5 experience because it feels so immersive to sit back and give orders without using a keyboard like a real captain would. However I have a few questions / issues to discuss:

1) I find that the fire torpedo command is triggered sometimes even when I am giving a completely different command. Has anybody else experienced this problem? How is the best way that I can prevent this from happening?

2) Certain commands crash the game. For example, 'close clock' crashes my game every time. Why do these specific commands cause such a problem and is there any way I can patch this?
Old 09-25-21, 11:05 PM   #510
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

slimth!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote