SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-09-16, 01:31 PM   #1
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Default new computer and no upgrade

As mention somewhere else here at Subsim radioforum I have purchased a new computer.

On my older computer, the command made it run very slowly with lags. Now that I got a new computer I had hopes this would be history.

No problems in installing from the disc-until I had to install the Frame 4.5 there I got an error-Thought maybe the computer already have this installed.

Restarted the computer and double-clicked on the Command icon-clicked on check for updates- There is an update to 1.09 clicked next-waited and waited.....until a error message occur.

I tried a few times-

I hope there is a solution to my problem or I have to keep playing Command on my old slow computer.

My new computer has a AMD Radeon R7 graphic with 2 GB dedicated RAM.

Edit: Toke a close look at this error and it says its unable to open an FTP-file.

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 07-09-16 at 01:55 PM.
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 09:18 AM   #2
Mike Abberton
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 42

I just got a new computer, and I ran into some install problems (on other programs, haven't reinstalled CMANO yet). One recommendation, is to manually trigger a Windows update before installing anything.

I did that on like day 3 of having the new comp, and it proceeded to do a massive update of Win10. Doing it earlier (not sure why autoupdate didn't take care of this) might have saved me some time.

Mike
Mike Abberton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 10:43 AM   #3
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Here are some more news regarding my effort to upgrade my command to 1.09

I can't say why, but something told me I should start command, play a scenario for about 20-30 second and then end the game, then try to upgrade again

Well did you know it started to downloading the stuff-until I had got about 90 % then an error came up.

Tried a second time-About 50-60 % had been downloaded-Again this Error occur

Tried a third time-here it stopped after about 5 %

Until my cousin visit me next time I'm going to put the game away, ´cause I need some who's brilliant on how computers works and how games works.

Edit
Was told there was some recommend updates to my computer, such as graphic driver and an HD audio driver.
I installed those and gave Command a fourth chance-this time I received 100 % and before the game startet to extract things-same error occur "failed to .....from server"

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 07-11-16 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-11-16, 04:21 PM   #4
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I have found a solution to my problem

I'm going use my USB-thing and copy Command Wargame of the year edition 1.11 build xxx from my older compute and paste it into my new computer.

Before I do that I'm going to create a folder with that name and place it in C: Matrix Game/Command......

I hope this can be done.

Markus
Old 07-16-16, 01:27 AM   #5
noguaranteeofsanity
Swabbie

Downloads: 11

Just copying a program's folder from your old computer to the new one probably won't work because there are often files installed elsewhere on the system.

Does the game run without installing the updates? If it doesn't then it sounds like the game might not have installed correctly originally from the disc which might be the source of the problem and causing the updates to fail, so uninstalling and reinstalling might help. There is also a guide to installing the prerequisites like .NET 4.5 manually you can find here.

Otherwise if it does work, instead of using the 'check for updates' button on the splash screen which has never been very reliable for Matrix games and is best to avoid using it, try downloading the update with your browser from here. Once you download it, unzip it and then just run the installer.

If none of those suggestion work for you I would suggest heading over the command forums on the matrix website as they have a dedicated tech support section where the devs will be able to help you that you can find here.
noguaranteeofsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-16, 11:52 AM   #6
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by noguaranteeofsanity View Post
Just copying a program's folder from your old computer to the new one probably won't work because there are often files installed elsewhere on the system.

Does the game run without installing the updates? If it doesn't then it sounds like the game might not have installed correctly originally from the disc which might be the source of the problem and causing the updates to fail, so uninstalling and reinstalling might help. There is also a guide to installing the prerequisites like .NET 4.5 manually you can find here.

Otherwise if it does work, instead of using the 'check for updates' button on the splash screen which has never been very reliable for Matrix games and is best to avoid using it, try downloading the update with your browser from here. Once you download it, unzip it and then just run the installer.

If none of those suggestion work for you I would suggest heading over the command forums on the matrix website as they have a dedicated tech support section where the devs will be able to help you that you can find here.
NET 4.5 was already installed on my new computer
I clicked on your link but was met by a "page can't be shown"

I have no problem downloading the update, well that is up to 100 % and then I get this error "Something about couldn't get information from the downloading server.( I can see alle these blue dots fill all the (don't know what the technical name this little white rectangular square is called) and I can see the existing time is down to zero, but then after a while this error pop-up.

After installing the original I can play, only the stand-alone-scenarios.

Yes you are correct. After installing everything, and I mean everything from my older computer, I couldn't play.

As mentioned in my first post-Either I have to wait for my cousin to arrive some day, so he can help me or I have to put the game away and only play as it is.

In the back of my head I can't let go of "Its your(mine) McAffee's firewall that cause these problems.

Why I think so ? It's not only Command Update I have problems with even other Updates are giving me a headache

Markus
Old 08-07-16, 05:24 PM   #7
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Some new information

Have uninstalled McAfee and installed the free version of Avast.

Earlier today I tried again to download the 1.09 patch-same result got the same message after I have downloaded the whole package(the bar with these blue dots are filled) and then after about a minute this message pop-up.

I even toke a look inside my firewall looking at the incoming and outgoing traffic don't know what I have to look for.

Markus
Old 08-29-16, 02:28 AM   #8
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Did you get the upgrade Markus? There is no problem with your computer, the problem is Matrix Games server. I have had problems with updating from the program with just about every game I have from them. Best thing to do is go to Matrix game site, and download them yourself. 1.09 is a big one though, 3.6 GB in size. There are 3 more after that one, but all are under 200 MD.

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-16, 02:49 PM   #9
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Did you get the upgrade Markus? There is no problem with your computer, the problem is Matrix Games server. I have had problems with updating from the program with just about every game I have from them. Best thing to do is go to Matrix game site, and download them yourself. 1.09 is a big one though, 3.6 GB in size. There are 3 more after that one, but all are under 200 MD.
Sorry for this late reply-didn't notice your answer until some hours ago.

After I had read your answer I almost smacked myself WHY didn't I think of that-make a direct search for "Matrix Games Command Patch 1.09"

I found it downloaded the patch unpacked it and installed it. Tried a scenario(stand alone) no problems.

Then I checked for updates and downloaded 1.11 from the server and installed it without any problems.

Now I can play Command again

Thank you so much for helping me

Markus