SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III > SH3 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-20-05, 03:08 PM   #1
Soviet_Warlord
XO

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0
Default AI: Aircraft

I remember a long time ago I downloaded a user- made mission in which your sub was to try to defend itself for as long as possible against incoming waves of aircraft. it was astoundingly fun. Does anyone know where it went? When I reformatted I forgot to back it up :
Old 10-20-05, 09:37 PM   #2
Krieg-Schwein
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 0

I could make you one if you wanted just like it like it!!
What kind of aircraft and sea was it??

HI REZ MOON MOD
Krieg-Schwein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 03:22 PM   #3
Soviet_Warlord
XO

Cool! Well, the mission was full of low level bombers (emm well Swordfish biplanes :P ) and hurricanes. It was really fun... if you didnt hit flank speed right away and turn hard-a-port or hard-a-starboard you would usually die in a 10 seconds lol
Old 10-23-05, 09:56 PM   #4
von Buelow
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I have made one... but only the bombers attack... trying to figure out why the other planes (P38 and Hurri) dont... :hmm:
Old 10-25-05, 08:00 PM   #5
Soviet_Warlord
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Buelow
I have made one... but only the bombers attack... trying to figure out why the other planes (P38 and Hurri) dont... :hmm:
Well, post it! I'm interested
Old 10-25-05, 09:30 PM   #6
Krieg-Schwein
Machinist's Mate

OK here are 5 plane bombing missions each a little different with Swordfish, P38's and Hurricanes,
just extract into the

X:\SilentHunterIII\data\SingleMissions\English

folder

http://rapidshare.de/files/6767454/Bomber_Run.zip.html

Each mission is called Bombe_run_1 through 5

good luck

HI REZ MOON MOD
Krieg-Schwein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-05, 05:08 PM   #7
Soviet_Warlord
XO

Nice! Thanks a lot!
Old 06-02-06, 03:59 PM   #8
Grim Reaper
Sailor man

Default How Do U Add Aircraft That will ATTACK Ships

I Have Maked Over 25 Single Mission's Maps In SHIII Mission Edior ~N~ Now Would Like To Have German AirCraft ATTACK Enemy Ships ~N~ Also Have British AirCraft ATTACK My Sub

I Know How To Put The AirCraft On The Map ~BUT~ Can Not Figure Out How To Get Them To Attack Ships

The Ship's Firer On AirCraft ~BUT~ The AirCraft Just Flight Around Getting Shot Down

Need Help ~ Can Not Figure Out Triggers Etc. Thx U
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-06, 04:35 PM   #9
Grim Reaper
Sailor man

Default Why Do Not BR Avenger AirCraft ~N~ ALL Torpdeo Boat ~ Drop or Firer Their Torpedo's

Making Mission Maps In Mission Eidtor ~ Why Do Not The British Avenger AirCraft ~N~ BR Elco Torpedo Boat ~N~ The Geman Schnelboot Torpedo Boot Have Torpdeo's To Drop Or Firer ~ WHY NOT ???

They DO NOT Have Torpedo's That Drop From The Avenger AirCraft or BR Elco Torpedo Boat or The Schnelboot Torpedo Boot DO NOT Firer Torpedo's

On The Menu In Mission Editor For The BR Avenger AirCraft Loadout U Can Only Have Basic or Loadout Bombs ~ NO DAM Torpedo To Drop On Target Ship ~ WHY NOT ???

On The British Elco Torpedo Boat or German SchnelBoot Torpedo Boot The Same DAM Think ~ NO Torpedo's To Firer

Is There A Mod That Will Fix This ~ I Have Made Now Over 30 Mission ~N~ Found Out How To Get The AirCraft To Attack Ships ~BUT~ Now Would Like To C My Torpdeo AirCraft Drop Torpedo ~N~ Torpedo Boats Firer Torpedo's

The GRIM REAPER Has A Think About Torpedo's ~N~ Would Like To C Them Firering From Torpedo Boats ~N~ Droped From BR Avenger AirCraft When He Places Them On His Mission Map ~ Which Is ALL The Time

The GRIM REAPER Awaits The Programer's To FIX This Problem ~N~ He Will Let U Live Just Alittle Longer ~ BUT~ NOT TO Much Longer ~ He Got's a Hobby Too ~ So Fix It NOW ~ or The Last Thing U C Is ME ~ THE GRIM GREAPER

Last edited by Grim Reaper; 06-04-06 at 04:50 PM.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-06, 08:45 PM   #10
Cdre Gibs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

First off, the grim reaper is a pussy cat and is not very intimadating!

Second, the AI Torpedo's in game do NOT work, never have and never will. There is NO ammo for them, ie: no actual torpedo, its just eye candy.

The AI weapon system uses a different setup to the player weapon system, so we cant even use our torpedo on AI units.
Old 06-08-06, 10:47 AM   #11
TAY999
Swabbie

Downloads: 8

Triggers dont help for this, your best bet is to add an airfield somewhere close by if you can, then aircraft will generally attack.
You could also try to set your individual aircraft to elite and see if that helps in making them more aggressive.

Please note that too many aircraft might cause lag, especially when they start dropping depth charges.
TAY999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-06, 07:38 AM   #12
andy_311
The Old Man

Downloads: 82
Default Aircraft problems in single mission

I initially made a single mission some time ago To see what the Iowa BBlooked like in action,anyway I tried to spice the mission up a bit,I added a few more ships to the mission that was fine,and added a few Aircraft well a lot of planes, condors,JU88s,ME109's,B-24s.Avenger torp bombers,JU87s and her the problem begins,Firstly the the aircraft fly at different altitudes,5,6,7,8,900 meters,I load up the game great every thing works well apart from the JU87s,and the ME109s they appear in the game fly over the BBs but don't attack them all other planes perform as they suppose to,not even the BBs fire on them.
I went back into the mission edition to see what the problem was and hit group properties and for some strange and silly reason the editor has changed them to "NEUTRAL" now it wouldn't let me change the side back to AXIS because it's grey out when I put them in am sure they were on the axis side, same thime happened with ME109's there just heading to the last way point and circleing aimlessy doing nothing. Is there a way I can change them back so my planes are on the Axis side?
Any suggestion would be very apreciative.
Thanks in advance?
andy_311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-06, 12:36 PM   #13
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 615

Hi andy,

it's an issue in MissionEditor.
Just do this: open the .mis file in an editor [e.g. 'notepad'] and change the concerned entries manually ==> 'Side=2'

Greetings,
SSB
SquareSteelBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-06, 06:21 AM   #14
andy_311
The Old Man

Downloads: 82

thanks mate will do.
andy_311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-06, 12:37 PM   #15
SquareSteelBar