SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-06-08, 12:50 PM   #16
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I like it.....but is there anyway I can turn off the message morse/speach/type writer/speach thing everytime a radio message comes through ? I use the Extended Radio Message mod and hearing this noise combo everytime is starting to drive me up the wall. Ideally, i'd just like a wee bit of morse and thats it....if possible.
Old 04-06-08, 02:15 PM   #17
Gairith
Planesman

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Gruber
I like it.....but is there anyway I can turn off the message morse/speach/type writer/speach thing everytime a radio message comes through ? I use the Extended Radio Message mod and hearing this noise combo everytime is starting to drive me up the wall. Ideally, i'd just like a wee bit of morse and thats it....if possible.
I agree, something a bit shorter, though I would like to hear ONLY the typewriter and then the voice after.

The dive sequence seems a bit out of place volume wise.

LOVE the new creeks, removal of the "Jahowl, herr kaleun" really wish that had been done sooner

Hope the feedback helps. Thanks Thomsen.

GWX 2.1 - SH3 Commander 3.2 - OLC Ubermod 2.4.2
-
DiD
Gairith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-08, 03:21 PM   #18
moscowexile
Navy Dude

Downloads: 206

I have installed the sound mod and it works a treat. Being the Captain Bligh of the Kriegsmarine, I followed the instructions so as not to delete the "Jawohl Kaleun" because on my boat I demand RESPECT with a capital"R". Furthermore, I believe that deleting the acknowledgement of an order received somewhat diminishes the "immersion factor".

Not wishing to appear to be throwing a spanner into the works, I do however have one small criticism, although this criticism in no way has anything to do with this admirable sound mod: the sound of the supercharged diesels firing up is music to the ears, but is there any way of modifying the diesel exhaust gas so that it belches forth and billows around the stern of the boat as the engines fire, as I am sure would have happened in real life?

I do recall that there is a tweak file or whatever in the exhaust mod that enables one to show oily exhausts caused by misfires and engine wear etc., but I am an absolute novice in these matters and fear dabbling with things I know little of.

Any ideas?

(The lust for destruction is at the same time a creative lust.- Mikhail Bukhanin.)
moscowexile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-08, 04:48 AM   #19
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Congrats PT
Looking forward to patrolling with this, just as soon as I get OLCE2 finished.
(It's kicking my arse! Damn you for talking me into aiming for perfection! :p )
Old 04-07-08, 04:52 AM   #20
melendir
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 82

Thanks Thomsen for the great work

Great FAQ, specially the section 5
melendir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-08, 09:37 AM   #21
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by java`s revenge
Have tried this mod and it`s great!!

Very good diesel sound.
Love the other sounds too, it makes together with the olc mods a real uboat sim.

Btw i do use -requiem for a dream- as menumusic. And i disabled that ring ring sound.

Thanks for this work.
Isn't my WhispeRING RING mod included? I thought it was... :hmm:

Edit: It is included, but I realised even so the ring ring is still kinda loud. If you share this opinion, talk to me. I can lower even more the ring ring to be comfortable to hear.

Last edited by Philipp_Thomsen; 04-07-08 at 10:16 AM.
Philipp_Thomsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-08, 09:39 AM   #22
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader 1
very nice adds a nice dimension on the boat I haven't played for a long time but your sound mod got me to fire up the engines again I love the start up file.

Quick question what do the mods to the interior files change/or do

Thanks again??
They control the playlist of the depth cranks, the only way to increase the number of cranks...

I'm planning for the next version to include about 30 different crank sounds and maybe a randomizer, what you think?
Old 04-07-08, 09:40 AM   #23
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christoff
I'm just grabbing this now, so if I notice any problems I'll let you know straight away m8
And thanks for putting this altogether, can't wait
Thank you very much, any feedback is apreciated!
Old 04-07-08, 09:42 AM   #24
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
To be honest I aimed the radio message sound to full realism, but you're kinda right... It can be quite nerving to listen that sound too often...

Tell me exactly what you wanna hear and I'll make a mod perfectly for your fit!

Maybe a shorter version of it, or even better, maybe a very low volume of the sound, in the background, type of sound that wouldn't bother coz you have to REALLY pay attention to notice it... talk to me!
Old 04-07-08, 09:43 AM   #25
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gairith
Quote:
I agree, something a bit shorter, though I would like to hear ONLY the typewriter and then the voice after.

The dive sequence seems a bit out of place volume wise.

LOVE the new creeks, removal of the "Jahowl, herr kaleun" really wish that had been done sooner

Hope the feedback helps. Thanks Thomsen.
You too, talk to me, what you want for "new message received" sound?
Imagine I'm the McDonalds of sound mods, I'll make your special as ordered!
Old 04-07-08, 09:49 AM   #26
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowexile
I have installed the sound mod and it works a treat. Being the Captain Bligh of the Kriegsmarine, I followed the instructions so as not to delete the "Jawohl Kaleun" because on my boat I demand RESPECT with a capital"R". Furthermore, I believe that deleting the acknowledgement of an order received somewhat diminishes the "immersion factor".

But consider that I'm playing this game for almost 4 years now, that "jawohl herr kaleun" was driving me nutz already. And besides, the voices don't match on the new mod. I have to find a new and realistic WW2 sound of "jawohl herr kaleun" to replace on the mod. Anyone have anything like that to help me?

Not wishing to appear to be throwing a spanner into the works, I do however have one small criticism, although this criticism in no way has anything to do with this admirable sound mod: the sound of the supercharged diesels firing up is music to the ears, but is there any way of modifying the diesel exhaust gas so that it belches forth and billows around the stern of the boat as the engines fire, as I am sure would have happened in real life?

Lemme see if I understand what you're suggesting... You wanna a cloud of black smoke going out of the exhausters when the engine starts, just like in real life? If so, I'm not sure it can be done, but sure as hell it would be killing! RUBINIIIIII, I NEED YOUR HELP HEEEEEERE!!!

I do recall that there is a tweak file or whatever in the exhaust mod that enables one to show oily exhausts caused by misfires and engine wear etc., but I am an absolute novice in these matters and fear dabbling with things I know little of.

I'm going for it!

Any ideas?
above in yellow.
Old 04-07-08, 09:51 AM   #27
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis
Congrats PT
Looking forward to patrolling with this, just as soon as I get OLCE2 finished.
(It's kicking my arse! Damn you for talking me into aiming for perfection! :p )
Thank you very much, OLC. Without your help this mod would be half as good as it is now. And I'm still not happy, I think I can do much better then this piece of sh!t!

So I guess I won the race to finishing the mod first! :rotfl:

If you want any more help, feedback or beta-testing, lemme know, I have a lot of free time now!

And you should try using my mod from now on, since I killed the bassy sounds that were disturbing you so much!
Old 04-07-08, 09:52 AM   #28
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by melendir
Thanks Thomsen for the great work

Great FAQ, specially the section 5
AGREED!
Old 04-07-08, 11:06 AM   #29
Gairith
Planesman

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
You too, talk to me, what you want for "new message received" sound?
Imagine I'm the McDonalds of sound mods, I'll make your special as ordered!
What I was thinking was having the sound file start with the typewriter sound a little longer and little quieter, as if the guy is in the next room over (about 25% lower) then the voice saying "Herr Kaleun"
I mean the radio operator has headphones on, I shouldn't hear the morse. If you can't make the typewriter "strikes" quieter then that's fine.

As far as the Yes sir file. Did they really say yes sir after each command or did they repeat the order given to confirm they heard it? What was protocol anyone know?

P.S. I love the two-way radio when switching torps. Very nice.

GWX 2.1 - SH3 Commander 3.2 - OLC Ubermod 2.4.2
-
DiD
Gairith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-08, 11:47 AM   #30
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

Love it, Love it, Love it. What more can I say....oh yes..... I LOVE IT !!!!!!!

Best regards

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
living