SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-09-17, 05:08 PM   #211
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@J0313:
No.

The SubFlags add-on provided literally only the war-flag (with raise/lower options) on the rear conning-tower (not in the original 4C-turms), and a different key-operation and parking for the raising and lowering of the rotating radar units. Nice, and good work by the modder who made the adaption, but not essential.

Stiebler.
Thank you Stiebler.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 11:25 AM   #212
JuanLiquid
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 60

Until now I was using only the classic HSIE V16B1 patch. I was reading the docs of Stiebler4C but I do not find the answer to this question: Do I need to modify Campaign_SCR.mis like I did with HSIE V16B1 to use wolfpacks?
JuanLiquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 11:52 AM   #213
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

Hi JuanLiquid.

If you intend to use Stiebler's version then you have to patch your original sh3.exe file with H.sie's V161B patch-kit first, and then again patch the new sh3.exe file with Stiebler's 4C_161B patch-kit. Stiebler mentions this in the "readme" files.

Other than that, in order to use any of the features, you must follow the instructions provided by their corresponding author, H.sie or Stiebler. This is why you won't find any instructions regarding the activation of H.sie's mods in the documents released by Stiebler. Therefore, if you want to use the Wolfpack mod, then you must edit the Campaign_SCR.mis file per the instructions provided by H.sie.

I am sorry for the extended answer but simply patching the exe files doesn't mean that everything will work as advertised.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 01:46 PM   #214
JuanLiquid
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 60

Thank you tomfon

Yes, I knew about the double patching - that was in the Stiebler documentation, but since it doesn't talk about the H.sie additional modifications I was unsure. Now, I know what to do
JuanLiquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-17, 05:48 AM   #215
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Stielber could you fix the bug where aircraft only spawns below 1024x tc. In general Sh 3 aircraft are too rare compared to sh4

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 01:38 PM   #216
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29

@Niume:
Quote:
Stielber could you fix the bug where aircraft only spawns below 1024x tc. In general Sh 3 aircraft are too rare compared to sh4
This is not a bug, but an integral problem of high time compression.
See my post long ago:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...6&postcount=22 (29 Jan 2006; the important extract follows):

"Concerning time compression (TC):
"SH3 calculates the position of every unit (or unit block, such as a convoy) at every time unit (whatever the internal time tick may be). If you run at 1xTC then no unit, including your U-boat, has travelled very far when the update comes. At 128xTX, everything has moved 128 times further before updates occur. At 1024xTC everything has moved quite a distance before the update occur. So a ship or aircraft may jump suddenly into the middle of your field of view when it wasn't visible before. Alternatively, it may hop completely over the U-boat without either side ever seeing the other. I think use of TC above 512 is unwise, except to accelerate travel to remote patrol areas.

"It is possible to use interpolation routines to check whether two units have hopped over each other without spotting one another. I've done it myself for a customer, but it is complicated and Ubisoft, probably wisely, has decided not to add the extra computational burden."

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-18, 02:07 PM   #217
ArnoldR
Medic

Downloads: 22

Hello,
I'm at the end of the NYGM installation process, and I have a question about your Patch, Stiebler. It's about the Abandon ship option.

In your documentation, you wrote: "If, after sending your ‘Abandon U-boat’ message, the enemy then sinks you, even on the surface, your crew will NOT be rescued. You will get the usual message “U-boat destroyed.” on the ‘Black Screen of Death’. This should be taken to mean that your U-boat exploded, or sank suddenly, after being hit by shells or bombs from ships or aircraft. In order to survive, you *must* sink the U-boat yourself!"

My question: If, after sending my ‘Abandon U-boat’ message, and then diving at high speed, I'm crushed by the water pressure BEFORE the 10 minutes (needed for my bomb to explode), then will I survive or not?????

Edit: a small remark.
You wrote that for the Change patrol grid mod,one has to change the menu_1024_768.ini. However,the file provided to change the menu_1024_768.ini doesn't seem to add lines for this option.

Last edited by ArnoldR; 10-24-18 at 02:41 PM.
ArnoldR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-18, 12:24 PM   #218
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29

@ArnoldR:

To answer your questions:
My question: If, after sending my ‘Abandon U-boat’ message, and then diving at high speed, I'm crushed by the water pressure BEFORE the 10 minutes (needed for my bomb to explode), then will I survive or not?????

Answer is NO, you won't survive. Dive only to 80 meters. If already severely damaged, stop dive at 20 meters.

2nd Question: You wrote that for the Change patrol grid mod,one has to change the menu_1024_768.ini. However,the file provided to change the menu_1024_768.ini doesn't seem to add lines for this option.

Answer: The file to change for the Change Patrol Grid is en_menu.txt, lines 2919-2925.
If I have said elsewhere to change menu_1024_768.ini for this purpose, then I have made an error.

I hope that helps.
Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-18, 11:35 AM   #219
ArnoldR
Medic

Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
I hope that helps.
Stiebler.
Yes,it perfectly answers my questions. Thank you very much, Sir!!!!
ArnoldR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-19, 02:20 PM   #220
neocrife
Watch

Downloads: 28

Hello ! The link is dead, isnt it ?
Nevermind, on the signature I found a link. Thanks !
neocrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 01:12 AM   #221
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 429
Default Need some help with issue ...

Had to reinstall SH3 and NYGM and had H.Sie and Stiebler mods installed and have installed both several times with no issues, until now.

Both mods and loaded in but when attempting access the Stielbler mod through the H.Sie Selector I get the following error message "Cannot find your switches in file SH3.exe. All switches must have value of 0 or FF with at least one FF."

I have followed the instructions and have had no issues previously until attempting this recent reinstall. Not sure what the problem is.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 03:01 PM   #222
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR295 View Post
Had to reinstall SH3 and NYGM and had H.Sie and Stiebler mods installed and have installed both several times with no issues, until now.

Both mods and loaded in but when attempting access the Stielbler mod through the H.Sie Selector I get the following error message "Cannot find your switches in file SH3.exe. All switches must have value of 0 or FF with at least one FF."

I have followed the instructions and have had no issues previously until attempting this recent reinstall. Not sure what the problem is.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

Did you patch your sh3.exe with Hsie's patch before applying Stiebler's, and NOT use Hsie's options selector ?
Old 02-07-20, 03:52 PM   #223
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Support

John,

Yes, I have followed the instructions to the letter, this is not the first time putting this mod in, but this go round, each time I get the same error message after applying the mod. I get the message on the H.sie Options Selector when I press Stiebler Mods button.

I have even down loaded a new copy of Stiebler's mod thinking I had a corrupt file, getting the same result. After several tries, keep getting the same result. ( Is that not the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and getting the same result ).

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

Old 02-07-20, 04:37 PM   #224
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR295 View Post
John,

Yes, I have followed the instructions to the letter, this is not the first time putting this mod in, but this go round, each time I get the same error message after applying the mod. I get the message on the H.sie Options Selector when I press Stiebler Mods button.

I have even down loaded a new copy of Stiebler's mod thinking I had a corrupt file, getting the same result. After several tries, keep getting the same result. ( Is that not the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and getting the same result ).

Good hunting,
FUBAR295
That is strange. The selector works for Hsie's options though ?
Old 02-07-20, 05:00 PM   #225
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

H.sie works as is expected. Just can not access Stiebler's Option Selector.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295