Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 12-30-10, 02:15 AM   #31
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default video

Got it working and even tried to ma ke a video as that option is included with the mod but didn´t work.I´ll try again and if it wokrs will let you know.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-10, 08:31 AM   #32
Kyth
Machinist's Mate

Hi Frinik,

Glad you got it working
Don't think the 'video recording' feature works, I've tried it myself.

I think I read the same thing confirmed by Andrey on the Sukhoi.ru forum, so I guess that's it.

You could try using FRAPS, it will record whatever's displayed on the screen, nothing fancy,
Kyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-10, 10:49 PM   #33
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default FRAPS

Thanks Kyth thought of FRAPS but I have no idea on how to proceed.How do I go about doing it?
Old 12-31-10, 01:21 AM   #34
Kyth
Machinist's Mate

From what I remember:

You first have to set FRAPS to run in the background. It's started up like any other program or utility.

There's a hot-key setting to start / stop video recording, for instance, using the 'Scroll' or 'Pause' key.

You can use this hot-key while you're playing any game, there's a number displaying the frame-rate in the corner, which changes from yellow to red, to indicate recording.

A word of caution, the filesizes of those recorded videos are huge, because they are in an uncompressed video format.
Old 01-06-11, 08:35 AM   #35
Kyth
Machinist's Mate

By the way, is everyone in favour of some more missions?
Old 01-07-11, 08:07 AM   #36
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Yeah!

Kyth I'll answer your question with 3 of my own:

1) Is the pope catholic?

2) Would I turn down a pay raise?

3)Would I refuse the lottery jackpot?

Count me in for some more....
Old 01-07-11, 08:57 AM   #37
Kyth
Machinist's Mate

Default Here's Mission 5!

Hello!

Here's another one! Mission 5 follows on after the events of Mission 4.

Kyth Mission 5

Your kampfgruppe is to make a quick strike on the enemy positions, Over the River and Through the Woods. Drill them full of
Lead!

Download the mission from here!
http://www.4shared.com/file/QPjP0Jg2/KythMission05.html

Kindly add this extra line to the 'user_camp.engcfg' file:
New_KY_05, txt_mc_mymission_5, 1, 0, Back_KY05.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach,
levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_05.level;

A little tip! When ordering your platoon across the river, set the formation to 'none'. Unless you'd like some of them to end up in the river.

Have fun!

Last edited by Kyth; 01-07-11 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Another Mission...
Old 01-09-11, 12:58 AM   #38
Kyth
Machinist's Mate

Default If it's too easy...

By the way, if the latest mission's too easy, please let me know.

I consistently sailed through (at difficulty level 5). That's a bit worrying

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Kyth; 01-09-11 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-14-11, 02:32 PM   #39
ontos
Watch

Downloads: 1

Sorry if I sound totally ignorant reference adding user made missions. I haven't played SF for sometime, I have only played the installed missions , well I did add the Steel Panzer mod. I want to get back into the game

Anyway could you tell me what "user_camp.engcfg file:" is and where I go to install I've tried to install missions before and it was really confusing, I think it was the "Afrika" mission. Thanx
ontos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 09:58 PM   #40
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default data/k42/loc_rus/level/LEVELS/camp/camp_user

Ontos there's no mystery; in your game's main folder you'll see a sub folder called data.Open it and then you''ll get another one called loc_42 , open it and then you''get another one called loc_rus, then you''l see levels whic you open leading to yet another one called LEVELS which in turn s leads to many subfolders the one on top of the list is called camp click on it and you 'll see several ENCFG folders.Open the camp_user file one with either notepad or microsoft word( I prefer notepad).\you'll see all the text lines used for the various missions in the game.Just paste Kyth's - or whoever 's - lines that need to be addedat the end of that list and save them.Of course you still have to instal and extract into your mods folder his mission zip file and you're in business.Pretty much all user-made missions follow that pattern.

Hope my explanations are crystal clear?

Cheers
Old 01-14-11, 10:21 PM   #41
Kyth
Machinist's Mate

Default A quick guide...

Hi Ontos!

I think I'll include this guide in my next 'edition' :

The quickest way to install my missions is using 'JSGME' (Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler), same as the installation of the Steel Panzer mod.

For example, Mission 1 is contained in the downloaded file, 'Kythmission01.rar'.
  • Extract the 'Kythmission01.rar' file to the 'MODS' folder. (I use WinRAR to do this)
  • The new 'mod' should show up in the 'available mods', and can be activated:
  • The 'user_camp.engcfg' file can be found here:

• Just add in an extra line at the bottom:
user1()
{
Alex_01, Alex_01, 1, 0, back_t01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\Alex_01.level;
Alex_02, Alex_02, 1, 0, back_t01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\Alex_02.level;
Alex_03, Alex_03, 1, 0, back_t01.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_hist_intro, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\Alex_03.level;
New_KY_01, txt_mc_mymission_1, 1, 0, Back_KY01.tga, txt_cit_02, 20, txt_history_tky_1, hist_map_teach, levels\levels\cm_users\New_KY_01.level;
} //end of user1
  • It's possible you don't have any user_camp.engcfg file! In that case, please rename my 2 backup files, 'user_camp_list.txt' and 'user_camp.txt', to 'user_camp_list.engcfg' and 'user_camp.engcfg'.
If you are comfortable with moving folders and files, the following 'tree' should give you an idea where all the files for each mission should be:

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Kyth; 01-14-11 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-14-11, 10:50 PM   #42
ontos
Watch

Thanks guys, that helps me allot. I will download your missions tomorrow, you learn something new every day I'm still learning the different position in the vehicles, lot to learn
Old 01-21-11, 11:59 PM   #43
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Mission 5 Report

Hi Kyth I finally managed to play your mission number 5! For some reasons I couldn't get it to work on my pc but it went fine on my laptop!

Another tough nut to crack.Too tough for a couple of reasons:

I ran out of bullets, my wingmen either drowned in the river or got themselves killed.

I managed to kill the AT guns all by myself destroy the wave or counterattcking tanks and infantry but I was unable to complete the last leg and take the village because I was out of bullets, no wingmen left and no infantry support to deal with the infantry in the village.I played it 5 times and definitelyGerman infantry is needed.

I would suggest adding German infantry ( pz grenadier) to thta mission because frankly having to deal with AT guns and infantry attacks for a few panzer III without infantry support is a bit too much.Not to mention that it goes against standard military doctrine .

I will do that and see how it goes. I may add a couple of stugs as they provide artillery support to the infantry and can deal effectively with the AT guns.I'll reprort to you

Good mission and thanks again.My comments are meant to be positive criticism not destructive.I knoe th amount of work and time that goes into making a mission.

Kyth where are the fog/mist/rain and clouds?
Old 01-22-11, 12:19 AM   #44
Kyth
Machinist's Mate

Default The weather got worse...

Hi Frinik,

There's one Panzergrenadier platoon in the mission to help out with the village, or rather, you should help them,

Set the 'formation' of your platoon to 'none' when crossing the river, I'm sad to say the AI isn't very smart regarding this.

As for the weather, let's just say, it took a turn for the worse... and you can expect more such 'bad weather' for the next couple of missions
Old 01-22-11, 06:38 PM   #45
ontos
Watch

Hey Kyth, thanks for the info on how to load your missions. I downloaded mission 1, and it worked great, but sometimes my main gun seems to have a mind of it's own, it rotates on it's own when I try to pick a target. I found this problem even with the missions in the original down load. Something I must have done wrong somewhere Great mission, going to download 2 tonight