SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-12-15, 02:06 AM   #1
SilentPrey
Navy Dude

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 2
Default Crew Mod for TMO, RSRDC, OTC, ISP

This mod sets the crew levels to allow realistic numbers of officers and petty officers based on the numbers of fred8615. It also performs the same function as the TMO small patch so that you don't have to worry about getting 'upgraded' from a Gato or Balao into a Tambor. (TMO Small Patch was getting overwritten when used with the following configuration.)

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4678

This mod is designed to work with this mod list:

1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
1.5_Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_Realistic Scopes for 16 to 9 RSRDCv502
Improved Ship Physics 2.6_TMO_RSRDC_OTC
OTC_ISP_Crew Mod

Enjoy and happy hunting!

Last edited by SilentPrey; 05-12-15 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Forgot link
SilentPrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-15, 04:50 AM   #2
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Cool, will try it out

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-15, 07:54 AM   #3
Longknife
A-ganger

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

Awesome thanks!
Old 05-16-15, 06:49 AM   #4
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Good work SilentPrey!!

I'll admit, I didn't make Optical Targeting Correction with the so called "TMO Small Patch" mod in mind. At the time of the release of OTC, the "Small Patch" mod didn't exist. When it was released, Ducimus didn't seem to care whether you used it or not (it was never added to TMO's files, the upteenth version of Trigger Maru ).....so I didn't update OTC for the "Small Patch" possible use.

Just too many mods to cover every possible combination.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-15, 12:32 PM   #5
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

At the time TMO 2.5 was released and after some players began to report the 'upgrades' from a GATO to a TAMBOR issue, poor Ducimus was burnt out and didn't want anything to do with modding.

He did say what files he thought were causing the TAMBOR bug however, so I made small_patch based on what he posted.

What I do in my own Custom installs is try to merge and fix conflicting mod issues; that's how you learn what the various files do. With this knowledge players can fix conflicts between mods in their Custom installs.

Fixing these issues is a great learning experience, and can inspire players to make mods of their own that just keep getting better and better around here, like SilentPrey did. A dramatic example of this is Vickers beautiful interiors. What an improvement, in my opinion. I did need to edit his *.sim files to merge conflicts in my Custom install, and was thankful I knew how to do it.

I agree with CapnScurvy and many other modders, even Ducimus, that you just have to make the mod as best you can to achieve the desired result you want, release it, and duck if there are conflicts with this and that other mod in someone's Custom install. I'm sure that everyone tries to make their mods as compatible as possible, however there are some files that need specific values in one mod that conflict with those same values in other mods, and there are, "Just too many mods to cover every possible combination." quoting CapnScurvy.

Fixing mod conflicts in a Custom install is a nice learning experience imo. This is how Ducimus began modding his "Flavored to Taste" mod. He added and incorporated things that he liked in other mods, made them compatible, and kept on adding, combining & learning to eventually release his TMO 2,5 masterpiece.

.... yes, Good work SilentPrey!

Happy Hunting!
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

Last edited by aanker; 05-16-15 at 12:54 PM.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-15, 12:59 AM   #6
SilentPrey
Navy Dude

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 2

Thanks guys!

CapnScurvy, I definitely was not calling you out. I apologize if it came across that way. I figure using your mod as a requirement for my own speaks volumes about my thoughts on it, but; I love your work. Thanks a bunch!

aanker, I agree with you both. There are too many combinations to be compatible with all of them. That's why I made these mods. It didn't seem right to ask TorpX to make ISP for OTC. He'd already made at least three different versions of it. And asking CapnScurvy seemed even less reasonable. So I learned what I needed and did it myself. I uploaded because I wanted to be able to recommend the combo without having to type a book on how to make it work. Same story for this one.
SilentPrey is offline   Reply With Quote