SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-23-15, 09:24 PM   #1
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345
Uploads: 0
Default Quick question on Environments for RFB

I installed RFB and all the mods it needs but i really dont like the way the water looks. it looks like some kind of gel my sub is sitting in. i tried other environment mods and i really dont like them either as they make my crew transparent. i like all the rest, colors, sound, etc. but i think i like the stock water best. how would one go about just changing the water ?
drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-15, 06:57 AM   #2
james_nix
What's happenin' Cap'n'?

Downloads: 719
Uploads: 6

Good question, I don't no but I actually prefer RFB water over TMO. I wish I could swap them.

Not to mention the loud wind noise in TMO. In RFB, when you pan out to watch your sub, you hear the motor, some waves, a little wind, it's kind of soothing.

In TMO I hear this really loud annoying wind, right ion my ear. I mean, I'm only going 4 knots, I don't know what it sounds like a hurricane in my ear. I had to uninstall TMO because the wind sound was just too overbearing.

I tried to replace the sounds, but it wasn't in a sound file that I could find. Maybe in the environment files?

Actually, as I write this I remember that you can change the color of the water in the scene.dat but I'm not sure about the appearance of the waves.
Old 04-27-15, 01:14 PM   #3
Bonden
Seaman

Downloads: 409
Uploads: 0

If you have a sound editor, you could reduce the volume of the wind sound. I use Audacity, it was free. The sound is located in data/sound and is named amb_wind1.

Gl
Bonden is offline   Reply With Quote