SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-26-08, 11:55 AM   #16
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01
So you know how to add a flag.... mmmmm.... isn't the Jyunsen B missing one as well ???? could you... ?

Keltos
I haven't seen a sub in the game with a flag on it, did they use them. No problem putting them on, if you want one.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-08, 02:53 PM   #17
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Yes please do also with the U-boats and Fleet boats if you can. Great Surface ship mod.
Old 08-13-09, 04:04 AM   #18
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default where is the Fuso download?

I am trying to play the battle of the suriago straight. I need a Jap BB and Ishigami's post re the mission states that Peabody's Fuso is what is needed. The download is not on filefront. Any suggestions? I assume I will be captain of the Japanese BB? Are there other playable BB I can use? Where are the links to those?

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 08-14-09 at 03:18 PM.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-09, 06:23 PM   #19
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
I am trying to play the battle of the suriago straight. I need a Jap BB and Ishigami's post re the mission states that Peabody's Fuso is what is needed. The download is not on filefrotn. Any suggestions? I assume I will be captain of the Japanese BB? Are there other playable BB I can use? Where are the links to thouse?
The Fuso was built before work on damage models so the damage does not get fixed. It was also one of the first mods I did so I have a mistake in the upc somewhere that prevents it from working in Career mode. It will work in the single mission. (Also right now I do not have time to fix it and the surface warfare Mod will be out soon, so I didn't think it would be an issue)
Put the men at battlestations then select "Fire at will" button and they will find the ships and fire before you can select them with the binoculars.

New link:

http://www.filefront.com/14278159/IJN_Fuso_Beta1_1.zip

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 08-13-09, 09:05 PM   #20
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default I'll try it.

The Ishigami mod is a pain in the butt. I will give your suggestion a shot (pun intended!)
Old 08-13-09, 09:27 PM   #21
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
The Ishigami mod is a pain in the butt. I will give your suggestion a shot (pun intended!)
Nobody said war was easy. Try to get as many guns as possible firing at the target. As soon as you reach the destination and get the warning, ahead flank and get out of the range of the BB guns. Remember your ship will slow down in a turn, try to get headed away from the BB and put it in a straight line to gain distance and then when you get further away make a turn to go south.

Peabody

Old 08-14-09, 12:44 AM   #22
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default the mod is a littel wierd

the Fuso is a little wierd. the hi res scope on the surface shows everything at a 90 degree tilt. But no big deal. Is there a playable BB? Lots of big guns and cannon fire!
Old 08-14-09, 04:13 AM   #23
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
the Fuso is a little wierd. the hi res scope on the surface shows everything at a 90 degree tilt. But no big deal. Is there a playable BB? Lots of big guns and cannon fire!
???? I don't know what shows at a tilt? And the Fuso IS a playable BB with Big guns and cannon fire.

Peabody

Old 08-14-09, 04:52 AM   #24
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
???? I don't know what shows at a tilt? And the Fuso IS a playable BB with Big guns and cannon fire.

Peabody

Narwhal, Jyunsen 1M, Fuso, what's so special about big guns ?

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 11:19 AM   #25
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Peabody

The long range telespcope you can use at the surface gives you a lopsided view (90 degree twist). But as the late Billy Mays said, "But wait, there's more!" Every time I tried to play my only campaign saved game (not Suriago Straights), SH4 did not respond. I reloaded my mods and the same thing happened, even after I disabled the FUSO. I deleted the saved game and the FUSO and started a new career. I posted a message in the mods forum asking if someone had a finished, playable BB to see if the FUSO was the culprit. Firing the guns was a real kick though, and is a nice variation from the game.
Old 08-14-09, 12:17 PM   #26
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
The long range telespcope you can use at the surface gives you a lopsided view (90 degree twist).
Are you talking about the UZO (TBT)? I didn't put one in, but I see now I did not delete the camera for it. It is the button next to the Bridge view or conning tower view as it would be on a sub. So that is not meant to be there. Easily fixed. And the view looks like binoculars.

Or is it the gun view over the top of the turret? That is a camera to man the "deckgun" which in this case is a turret. So if the turret is turned, the view will be turned. And it can be magnified by the mouse wheel which makes it look like a telescope, it is the gunsight.

First one is a mistake on my part and would take about 2 minutes to fix, the second is meant to be that way.

Peabody

Old 08-14-09, 03:25 PM   #27
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

clairification for peabody

Note, I did not try to play the FUSO in a campaign. I played it in the Sariago Straights. My comment about guns, etc. was meant as a compliment as I like that feature.

After Suriago Straights, I tried to rejoin my campign. SH4 would not load it and would not respond. I ended up deactivating the FUSO and trying to rejoin the campaign. No dice. I then deleted the FUSO file and still could not rejoin the campaign. That did not work either. I deleted the campaign. I deactivated and reinstalled all mods. I started a new campaign, It is working, as I am writing you while I am sunbathing off the coast of Honshu. Wish you were here!
Old 08-14-09, 03:49 PM   #28
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Note, I did not try to play the FUSO in a campaign. I played it in the Sariago Straights. My comment about guns, etc. was meant as a compliment as I like that feature.
I understood that you were playing a single mission. But you have to take the Fuso out before you can go back to campaign. If you look in your documents for your saved games you will see all kinds of folders and .upc files that SH4 uses during a campaign and the Fuso changes some of these and it does not work. For example there is a Weapons.upc and the Fuso has some guns made just for the Fuso and they will be in there if the Fuso is enabled.

Peabody

Old 08-14-09, 07:22 PM   #29
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default peabody

good advice, sir. I learn something every day.
Old 10-05-09, 09:28 AM   #30
SilentTEO
Watch

Downloads: 45

Hi

I cant download this ship, when i clik in download link i go to filefront web page.

Can solve this problem? i want this ship very mutch

Thanks
SilentTEO is offline   Reply With Quote