SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #406
doctarr
Swabbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 8
Downloads: 125
Uploads: 0
Default

Thanks to all contributing to the tweaks in this thread, got my SH4 looking good!
doctarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #407
sailor_X
Keelhauled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 159
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure what settings should I set in Nvidia Inspector ? I'm using GWX with Mep 4.2 environment. Thank you







sailor_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #408
Rubini
Ocean Warrior
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: São Paulo Brazil
Posts: 2,754
Downloads: 126
Uploads: 0
Default

Hi Sailor _X,

Yes, nhancer no longer. I also use Sh3 nvidia control pannel and the Nvidia Inspector.

My settings on nvidia inspector is below.

Some comments and tips:

1. The settings and tips continues almost the same that we have on the first post when using nhancer
2. If you dont have sun halo please report to your nvidia control pannel and *DISABLE* the gamma correction in your global and sh3 settings (and obviously on the nvidia Inspector too). Double check here!
3. I added a 4x sparse grid ssaa and the related negative texture lod that seems to add some better visuals (just allowed using nvidia inspector I think)
4. Anyway, seems that actually using only the Nvidia control pannel (with that basic tips: max 4xMSAA and no gamma correction) is enough to have a good/best nvidia image for sh3, no more necessary to use Nvidia Inspector or anything more then.

__________________
One gamer's must-have mod is another gamer's waste of time.
-Sailor Steve
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #409
c13Garrison
Ensign
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago-ish, USA
Posts: 223
Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
Default

The amazing thing about this game is you could have your head glued to the map, working a plot, thinking all about intercepts and patrol ranges and torpedoes-

...and then you'll pop the hatch and just have a "...my God is that beautiful." moment.

I pulled up alongside the Submarine tender in Tulagi to lay over for a few days (long story, but I was 'penalizing' myself for using 'meta-game' information. ...I know, I'm odd like that...), and the moon rising over the coast was so stunning I spent 35 minutes of my precious hobby time just watching it in real time.
c13Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #410
Dorjun Driver
Loader
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Upper Left Edge
Posts: 81
Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
Hi Sailor _X,

Yes, nhancer no longer. I also use Sh3 nvidia control pannel and the Nvidia Inspector.

My settings on nvidia inspector is below.

Some comments and tips:

1. The settings and tips continues almost the same that we have on the first post when using nhancer
2. If you dont have sun halo please report to your nvidia control pannel and *DISABLE* the gamma correction in your global and sh3 settings (and obviously on the nvidia Inspector too). Double check here!
3. I added a 4x sparse grid ssaa and the related negative texture lod that seems to add some better visuals (just allowed using nvidia inspector I think)
4. Anyway, seems that actually using only the Nvidia control pannel (with that basic tips: max 4xMSAA and no gamma correction) is enough to have a good/best nvidia image for sh3, no more necessary to use Nvidia Inspector or anything more then.

Rubini, what GPU are you using? Are you overclocking it?
Dorj
Dorjun Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #411
Rubini
Ocean Warrior
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: São Paulo Brazil
Posts: 2,754
Downloads: 126
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorjun Driver View Post
Rubini, what GPU are you using? Are you overclocking it?
Dorj
Hi mate,

I5 2500 gtx560 8gb ram. No overclock here.
__________________
One gamer's must-have mod is another gamer's waste of time.
-Sailor Steve
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:32 AM   #412
sailor_X
Keelhauled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 159
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
Hi mate,

I5 2500 gtx560 8gb ram. No overclock here.
Thank you for reply Rubini. Just wondering, I'm using GF9500 GT will it not be too much for my card if I set anisotropic filtering to x16 ?

Anyway I will get a chance to to try these settings on Sunday when I'll be at home.
sailor_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #413
sailor_X
Keelhauled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 159
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor_X View Post
Thank you for reply Rubini. Just wondering, I'm using GF9500 GT will it not be too much for my card if I set anisotropic filtering to x16 ?

Anyway I will get a chance to to try these settings on Sunday when I'll be at home.
Edited: I'm having stuttering here with such settings
sailor_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #414
Rubini
Ocean Warrior
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: São Paulo Brazil
Posts: 2,754
Downloads: 126
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor_X View Post
Edited: I'm having stuttering here with such settings
Try to just use the nividia control pannel with 4x MSAA&gamma correction disabled. This must be enough - I guess that the lastest nvidia drives have now a better AA code. If you can, also enable some AF. Just for comment, I didn´t liked the native Nvidia FXAA for sh3 specifically, for some others games it´s very good.
Hopes that help!
__________________
One gamer's must-have mod is another gamer's waste of time.
-Sailor Steve

Last edited by Rubini; 08-07-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:26 PM   #415
Kapitän
中国水兵
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Posts: 280
Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Default

Hi Guys, how can on get rid of the light points on the horizon when there is stormy wind and sea conditions and on the edges of ships?
__________________
GWX 3.0 Gold/CCoM 10.0 + h.sie-patch; Windows 7 (64-bit); NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 (310.90)
Kapitän is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:55 AM   #416
4ex
Bilge Rat
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1
Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default Good job!

I'm new to the forum, but learned a lot of useful information. Here, too, setting the right thing! Many thanks for your work!: До:
4ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #417
larsonboram
Bosun
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 66
Downloads: 78
Uploads: 0
Hello, is it advized to use Nvidia Inspector latest version? or stick with the Nvidia control panel?
larsonboram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #418
maxswain
Seaman
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 34
Downloads: 346
Uploads: 0
Default

Good hunting! Does anyone know a fix to the slight texture flickering in free camera around large capital ships. I know free camera but I love to watch them go down!
maxswain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #419
aso544
Sailor man
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 48
Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0
Default

New to all this.. Did some reading but still fuzzy. Can someone guide me on typical adjustments.

I'm running......

Intel 7 2.4 ghz
8mb ddr3-1600 RAM
WIN 8
Nvidia GTX 770M w/ 3mb

Sh4
TMO 2.5
RSRDC

NO environmental mods as of yet... Any suggested?

Here is my Nvidia control panel










aso544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:10 PM   #420
Celtic_Commander
Nub
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2
Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
Default Nvidia

Thanks for all the info on setting up the graphics on SH4.
Celtic_Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2019 Subsim