SUBSIM Radio Room Forums
The newest naval sim by Totem Games!

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2017, 10:52 AM   #61
gap
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CJ8937
Posts: 6,887
Downloads: 681
Uploads: 9


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey117us View Post
Modified Flower Class is Pre-Release screens. Release planned this year will start a seperate WIP Thread soon.


Good news, but I think you missed something:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I think mikey is more focused on graphic/3d stuff, and you on file tweaking. Imo tou should work in a team
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi View Post
Mikey are you interested in working as a team?
__________________
_____________________
|May the Force be with you!|
...\/
gap is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:14 AM   #62
padi
Sparky
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 153
Downloads: 118
Uploads: 0


Default

@gap: Another question:

Could you send me the files for the DCs or a link to them so I could try to implement them into the files?

Credits are self-evident.

Thanks
padi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:16 AM   #63
Kendras
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,343
Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi View Post
Mikey are you interested in working as a team?
Don't forget :

Kendras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:16 AM   #64
padi
Sparky
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 153
Downloads: 118
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Don't forget :

padi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:18 PM   #65
gap
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CJ8937
Posts: 6,887
Downloads: 681
Uploads: 9


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi View Post
@gap: Another question:

Could you send me the files for the DCs or a link to them so I could try to implement them into the files?

Credits are self-evident.

Thanks
Sure. No problem for credits: I plan to steal your mod and port it to SH5 lol

Before I send them, do you use Wings3D? Are you good at some basic 3D editing tasks as scaling, moving, etc?
__________________
_____________________
|May the Force be with you!|
...\/
gap is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:29 PM   #66
padi
Sparky
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 153
Downloads: 118
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Before I send them, do you use Wings3D? Are you good at some basic 3D editing tasks as scaling, moving, etc?
No, I have used Blender in the past, but I´m out of training...
padi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:12 PM   #67
gap
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CJ8937
Posts: 6,887
Downloads: 681
Uploads: 9


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi View Post
No, I have used Blender in the past, but I´m out of training...
Okay, I need to export the models in obj format then (at the moment they all are stored in a wings file), and I need to post-process them before you can use them in game. Maybe it would be better if me your files, so that I can set up my 3d models based on those files before importing them. What do you think?
__________________
_____________________
|May the Force be with you!|
...\/
gap is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #68
padi
Sparky
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 153
Downloads: 118
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Okay, I need to export the models in obj format then (at the moment they all are stored in a wings file), and I need to post-process them before you can use them in game. Maybe it would be better if me your files, so that I can set up my 3d models based on those files before importing them. What do you think?
No problem, sounds very good.
The file is coming tomorrow...
padi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:02 PM   #69
gap
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CJ8937
Posts: 6,887
Downloads: 681
Uploads: 9


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi View Post
No problem, sounds very good.
The file is coming tomorrow...


I think it would be better if all the throwers and depth charges were just in one big dat file. This way we could re-use shared models without having to import them every time. Lesser disc and RAM memory usage. What do you think?
__________________
_____________________
|May the Force be with you!|
...\/
gap is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:23 PM   #70
padi
Sparky
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 153
Downloads: 118
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post


I think it would be better if all the throwers and depth charges were just in one big dat file. This way we could re-use shared models without having to import them every time. Lesser disc and RAM memory usage. What do you think?
You mean references of the nodes to one model per DC at the beginning of the file?
That is already implemented...
padi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:37 PM   #71
gap
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CJ8937
Posts: 6,887
Downloads: 681
Uploads: 9


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi View Post
You mean references of the nodes to one model per DC at the beginning of the file?
That is already implemented...
Yes. I also mean that throwes and DCs that throwers are equipped with should be in the same dat file, if possible. Reason is that the thrower models have dummy DC's on them, so we could use the imported DC models for two purposes: barrels on the throwers/racks, and barrels which are actually thrown against the enemy: two pigeons with a stone!
__________________
_____________________
|May the Force be with you!|
...\/
gap is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:15 AM   #72
padi
Sparky
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 153
Downloads: 118
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Yes. I also mean that throwes and DCs that throwers are equipped with should be in the same dat file, if possible. Reason is that the thrower models have dummy DC's on them, so we could use the imported DC models for two purposes: barrels on the throwers/racks, and barrels which are actually thrown against the enemy: two pigeons with a stone!
That is not currently implemented.
Did I understand it right that the depthcharges.dat/sim/zon and the DC_R_KG.dat/sim/zon should be merged?

I don't know how to did the second part of your post, I'm sorry!
padi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:14 AM   #73
gap
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CJ8937
Posts: 6,887
Downloads: 681
Uploads: 9


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi View Post
That is not currently implemented.
Did I understand it right that the depthcharges.dat/sim/zon and the DC_R_KG.dat/sim/zon should be merged?
Yes, you are correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi View Post
I don't know how to did the second part of your post, I'm sorry!
That's easy: in S3d, you can select any chunk and copy it with all its child chunks by pressing Shift Ctrl C; you can then paste the copied chunks in a second file with the usula Ctrl V shortcut
__________________
_____________________
|May the Force be with you!|
...\/
gap is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 04:04 PM   #74
padi
Sparky
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 153
Downloads: 118
Uploads: 0


Default

I did not manage to finish the files today ...
padi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 04:52 PM   #75
gap
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CJ8937
Posts: 6,887
Downloads: 681
Uploads: 9


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi View Post
I did not manage to finish the files today ...
No problem mate, I have been busy with Kendra's mod anyway. I am waiting for your files tomorrow
__________________
_____________________
|May the Force be with you!|
...\/
gap is online   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
asw , depth charge , mod , real , realismn

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997- 2017 Subsim