Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-01-18, 06:54 AM   #1
cochise571
Swabbie

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default SH5 Speed vs Time Data

Hello everyone. I have been playing SH4 for quite some time and recently purchased SH5. I currently have the stock version patched to ver 1.2 only. I have seen different videos showing some lines on the right side of the attack map where you can draw a line through distance a ship traveled and time measured to give you the ships speed and a I also saw another video showing a drop down table of time vs speed but they never mention the name the mods of either of them. Does anyone know the names of the mods that these pertain to so that i may try them? The last question is are there any other patches to go from version 1.2 to a higher version?
cochise571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 07:29 AM   #2
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

You have the right game version to install TWoS. You will get the best of SH5 with it as for visuals and realism. This is the fastest install to get everything. What you describe above is likely the 'Real Navigation' part of TWoS, but even without this you can fully use any advanced tools for drawings on the map, and you can even save 'Supermarks' to be used when restarting the game.

For install & game instructions of TWoS, read this thread carefully it answers the most basic questions:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703

Good hunting Captain,

Last edited by XenonSurf; 03-01-18 at 07:39 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 08:22 AM   #3
cochise571
Swabbie

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise571 View Post
Hello everyone. I have been playing SH4 for quite some time and recently purchased SH5. I currently have the stock version patched to ver 1.2 only. I have seen different videos showing some lines on the right side of the attack map where you can draw a line through distance a ship traveled and time measured to give you the ships speed and a I also saw another video showing a drop down table of time vs speed but they never mention the name the mods of either of them. Does anyone know the names of the mods that these pertain to so that i may try them? The last question is are there any other patches to go from version 1.2 to a higher version?
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
cochise571 is offline   Reply With Quote