SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-30-14, 02:01 PM   #31
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Thanks for your cooperation Anvart, I knew you would understand and act consequently
Old 01-02-15, 08:27 AM   #32
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
I tested this with H.sie radar correction. Worked great. Even, the problem with going in radar view was gone. The radar remains on its correct orientation.
Hi Tycho,

could you please explain what the 'problem with going in radar view' is?

Regards, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-15, 02:45 PM   #33
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264
Uploads: 1

Let's say, that your radar is Off, down, and correct oriented.
Now you go in Radar view, if you've installed all changes in Commands_en.cfg from FM30_UpDown_final.7z,
don't use "R" key for this, but use right mouse button over Radio operator.
And, you will go in Radar view, now go back to Conning deck and you will see that the radar orientation was changed.
Old 01-03-15, 10:46 AM   #34
Alex ®
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi Tycho,

could you please explain what the 'problem with going in radar view' is?

Regards, LGN1
Hi, LGN1.
No probs in this question... use correct Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jj...UpDown_GWX.rar

Last edited by Alex ®; 01-03-15 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-04-15, 09:07 AM   #35
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Remains the problem with the need to manually switch the radar to OFF, before diving.
If not then, when you dive, the radar will continue rotate. And when the game switch it to Off, the radar will stop rotation, but will stay in upper position. And, you will travel underwater that way.

With H.sie radar fix and this alternate logic, if I add orders in StateMachineClass for different dive commands, like in DFa and SubFlag, then the radar will work like this:

- I give some of dive commands (periscope depth, set depth, ...), the radar will go down and will stay down and correct oriented. But only visually, the radar will continue be ON, until depth goes under 8-9m. Then, the game will switch the radar to OFF.

For me that way is more acceptable.
Old 01-04-15, 03:54 PM   #36
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
[Cmd462]
Name=Radar_turn_off
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F2B0004
Key0=0x52,Cc,"CTRL+R"
Key1=0x43,C,"C" =======>; Crash_dive
Key2=0x50,C,"P" =======>; Periscope_depth
Key4=0xBA,C,"Comma" ===>; Snorkel_depth
Key5=0x44,C,"D" =======>; Dive
This is variant, but not for me. With all my stupidity, I play away from keyboard, only with mouse. Even, my "command_en.cfg" has no contains any key commands, except arrows for camera and +,- and Enter for time compression.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
... but remain the problem with the click by the mouse on the Depth Dial - "Set_Depth" command... if you will doing your stupidity, antenna will be down, but the radar will work... and who needs it?
I need this, like I say, is acceptable for me.
With "Set_Depth" command and my stupidity, if I dive, there are no problem, because after depth goes under 8-9m, the radar will switch Off.
If don't dive, but set only little deeper, for example, I know the problem and will click Turn On for the radar, and it will go up again.

Why is this irritation, when people experiment with your mods.
"In such a way was conceived", but I'm not happy with this way.
For Stiebler, I leave your original files. Changed only nygm sensors and .cam files.
But here, while the files are in my computer and my SH3 installation, I will experiment with this mod, as I want.
And this forum is just for that, to babbling about "Radar Rotation Problem", whether you like it. Let's people decide, who needs it and what they need.

Детский сад какой-то!
Old 01-04-15, 04:07 PM   #37
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Sorry, guys, I'm confused by all your posts. I will examine all the different versions in my private setup and decide what I will use.

Regards, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 01:47 AM   #38
coroner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
... Детский сад какой-то!
Ха, ха. Наконец сейчас вижу вразумительную речь.
... Напрасно ты написал столько слов я всё прекрасно знаю и понимаю... но у нас с тобой разный взгляд на вещи.
Для своего личного использования ты можешь делать всё что угодно... не спрашивая автора. Но для публичного решения просьба не искажать идею мода... и не надо прикрываться мнением людей. Проще всего в таком случае сделать что-нибудь самому, самостоятельно.
Извини за резкость.
P.S.
Я не интересуюсь работами Stiebler'а... в своё время, когда я хотел применить мод к NYGM, он отказался ...
Quote:
Sorry, guys, I'm confused by all your posts...
LGN, everything OK... We just had an exchange of views. If you use FM30_UpDown_GWX mod... use it. Just on Mike's ftp scattered about older versions.
The so-called problem, that Tycho sucks from the finger, it's not a problem, it's a different look at the compromise in the addressing of the tasks. Instead of creating own original mods he is trying to do the revision of the mods of other authors. In the mod FM30_UpDown_GWX no problem as such, i think.

Last edited by coroner; 01-05-15 at 04:24 AM.
Old 01-06-15, 06:51 PM   #39
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345
Uploads: 0
in all this conversation, what sub model is being used in the pics ? it doesnt look like the stock SH3 model ?
drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-15, 10:38 PM   #40
Capt. Morgan
Commander

Downloads: 391

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkhen20 View Post
in all this conversation, what sub model is being used in the pics ...
GUTE FRAGE! (A.K.A. Bump). What a great looking sub, How did you get it into SH3... where did it come from?

Capt. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-15, 04:55 AM   #41
Leitender
Planesman

Downloads: 50

Quote:
Sorry, guys, I'm confused by all your posts.
So am I. If I´m not wrong, there exist at least 4 versions of Anvart´s FM30_up_Down-Mod: The original one for GWX, another one for LSH, one integrated in NYGM and his "alternative logic", published in this thread. Eventually dependant of the use of one of these big mods in combination with the appropriate FuMO mod and maybe in combination with altered boat or turm models (like we have it in makman´s initial picture), there are some small side effects:

1. The mattress is perpendicular to the case, if lowered.

One solution is to change the mattress´ position in Sensors.dat and/or FuMO30.anm, as described by Tycho

2. The mattress is extended, when the game starts.

Either correct the start entry as Tycho describes, or use Anvart´s alternative logic in combination with h.sie´s patch (Does that work with every installation?).

3. The mattress won´t be lowered when the boat dives, if this is not especially ordered.

One solution is to combine all relevant diving orders with the "radar off" order by one key (Anvart´s solution). Another one is to do the changes Tycho describes if you use the mouse only.

My personal favourite is not to change the mod data, but to switch off the radar manually after having given the appropriate diving order. There are at least 30 seconds time until the boat vanishes below the surface and in my idea this is a kind of captain´s routine when starting a diving manouevre.

Anvart´s mod does not only show an animation, but gives the player also the abilitiy to control that animation manually and thus leads to the possibility to make "mistakes" while commanding the boat, at least in the visual presentation of it. That´s why I love such mods.

The 4th point was the discontinous movement of the mattress after being moved out, at least in my installation (?) Is there a solution for this?
Leitender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-15, 05:10 AM   #42
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Morgan View Post
GUTE FRAGE! (A.K.A. Bump). What a great looking sub, How did you get it into SH3... where did it come from?
Probably is this: German U-Boats Compilation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leitender View Post
The 4th point was the discontinous movement of the mattress after being moved out, at least in my installation (?) Is there a solution for this?
Sorry! Didn't understand this!
Old 01-08-15, 06:14 AM   #43
Leitender
Planesman

Downloads: 50

Tycho,

between the end of the moving out animation and the beginninng of the turning animation there is no continous movement, but the mattress jumps to a certain position and begins to turn from then on.

When I compare the mattress´s movement with the radar device in the radio room, I can see that the animation of the mattress move out begins immediately, whereas the start of the radar search has a certain delay. That seems te me realistic, but the turning of the radar wheel and the turning of the mattress doesn´t start synchronously. Maybe this is the reason for the discontinous movement at the beginning?

Btw, I´ve just tested Anvart´s alternative logic mod with GWX. It seems that one has to use it additional to his original FM... mod, not alternatively!
Leitender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-15, 05:24 AM   #44
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Probably, is possible to synchronize this, if play with rotation coordinates.
But, only for first time after loading. After every turn-off/on, the radar antenna begins rotation from the orientation where the radar was switched to off.
I'll check, when I'm on my computer.
Old 01-09-15, 06:48 AM   #45
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Hi, guys.
I badly understand what you speak...
Explanation for those "who are in the tank" or just who does not understand...
It was a long time ago ... and I, maybe, don't remember something...
I did a mod FM30_UpDown_* for GWX only. I made some choices for GWX... two of them... penultimate - FM30_UpDown_Final and as a later variant - FM30_UpDown_GWX with the slightly modified logic. At the request of users I adapted FM30_UpDown_Final for LSH... but I've never done the adaptation of FM30_UpDown_Final or FM30_UpDown_GWX to NYGM... Therefore, questions on NYGM not for me. FM30_UpDown_AltLogic - it's the slightly modified logic from FM30_UpDown_GWX... for those who use the with GWX H.sie radar fix (radar is turned off at the beginning of the game). One of the main ideas of the FM30_UpDown mod - if the player turned on radar, he should turn it off himself... in the mod there is no raising/lowering of the antenna and there are no control over her... in the mod there are commands of on/off radar. Mod DFa_UpDnRot (and similar) is the Eye Candy mod... DF antenna does not work in SH3 and is not driven, so I did the automatic lowering of the DF antenna during diving of the u-boats... do you understand the difference?
I'm not a fan of the NYGN mod and I have not played with it... I will not adapt my mod for NYGM... I do not published all my works... and I never shall not do it.
P.S.
After 9 years of lack of mutual understanding i tired of the hassles, of hypocrisy and double standards.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote