SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-27-17, 02:00 AM   #5086
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Missing this texture NPL_RC_T01.tga from the sea folder.(assuming this is the issue)

Ships shows up but is completely black.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 08:04 AM   #5087
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Which version of the mod do you have, and do you remember what date you downloaded it? I'll go get on my computer here in a few minutes, and post back in here with what I have for the vessel...

Edit: OK, folder and file construction looks fine on my FotRSU v0.063. There are no TGA files for a lot of the ships. Quite a bit of FotRSU has been "converted" to DDS (an SH4 thingie), and the TGA files deleted to reduce the Mod's size. The DDS files do load from the TGA calls in the Roster folders for vessels. You should find an NPL_RC.dds file that looks like this:

It is called with TextureName=Data / Sea / NPL_RC / NPL_RC_T01.tga from the Roster cfg file, but the dds loads.

In the museum, it should look like this:

One thing to remember about the three Red Cross ships in FotRSU is that they are of "Red Cross" nationality, not American or Japan or British.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-27-17 at 09:50 AM. Reason: show and tell
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 11:30 AM   #5088
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375
Uploads: 0

so far i hadn't had no problems this morning i dont really care for the s-call with it with the 50 cal and looking like a new sub instead of a old one or maybe webster s-class mod as ruint it for me but ill keep playing it
les green01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 12:28 PM   #5089
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

We could probably change the skin... I wish we could change skins (and crew clothing) based upon where you are in the world, and / or the time of year, such that a boat above the Arctic Circle would have a build-up of ice, and the crew would at least be wearing earmuffs and mittens, to go with their shorts and bare chests... At least they have shoes on.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 02:03 PM   #5090
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Which version of the mod do you have, and do you remember what date you downloaded it? I'll go get on my computer here in a few minutes, and post back in here with what I have for the vessel...

Edit: OK, folder and file construction looks fine on my FotRSU v0.063. There are no TGA files for a lot of the ships. Quite a bit of FotRSU has been "converted" to DDS (an SH4 thingie), and the TGA files deleted to reduce the Mod's size. The DDS files do load from the TGA calls in the Roster folders for vessels. You should find an NPL_RC.dds file that looks like this:

It is called with TextureName=Data / Sea / NPL_RC / NPL_RC_T01.tga from the Roster cfg file, but the dds loads.

In the museum, it should look like this:

One thing to remember about the three Red Cross ships in FotRSU is that they are of "Red Cross" nationality, not American or Japan or British.

From the latest release. Worked initially now its black. Also black when I put it in my ship pack, weird it used to show up.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 06:21 PM   #5091
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
so far i hadn't had no problems this morning i dont really care for the s-call with it with the 50 cal and looking like a new sub instead of a old one or maybe webster s-class mod as ruint it for me but ill keep playing it
We can look at the idea of stressing the S-Class texture, but you have to expect the sub will have been painted when you first get it after a refit.

============

Bubblehead,

I'm like propbeanie, I don't see an issue with the "Red Cross" ships. The three are fine when viewed in the Museum. Check your stock game for corruption, then load Fotrs Ultimate v0.63 alone, without any other mods....we can't be responsible for what a player does to his game after he downloads it. IF, he starts his game without issue to begin with.

============

I've been working on getting 11 AI subs into the game. S7rikeback got the ball rolling, I'm getting the models to appear in-game, and correcting issues as I go. Here's the Japanese Type A1:

The Type C3:

The Kaidai Type 4:

The Jyunsen Type 1:

There is also an American Fleetboat, and the German U-Boat 9d2 as additional AI subs to the 9 Japanese subs we will see. They all fire their Deck weapons as expected, and will be picked up with the Hydrophone for detection. We've found they are not good at submerged travel, so they will be surfaced when you encounter them.

I'm working on a possible firing torpedo from them.....too soon to tell if its going to work?!

I'll be posting what I've got for the "Team Members" tomorrow, soon to be released with our next update.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 07:29 AM   #5092
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
We can look at the idea of stressing the S-Class texture, but you have to expect the sub will have been painted when you first get it after a refit.

============

Bubblehead,

I'm like propbeanie, I don't see an issue with the "Red Cross" ships. The three are fine when viewed in the Museum. Check your stock game for corruption, then load Fotrs Ultimate v0.63 alone, without any other mods....we can't be responsible for what a player does to his game after he downloads it. IF, he starts his game without issue to begin with.

============

I've been working on getting 11 AI subs into the game. S7rikeback got the ball rolling, I'm getting the models to appear in-game, and correcting issues as I go. Here's the Japanese Type A1:

The Type C3:

The Kaidai Type 4:

The Jyunsen Type 1:

There is also an American Fleetboat, and the German U-Boat 9d2 as additional AI subs to the 9 Japanese subs we will see. They all fire their Deck weapons as expected, and will be picked up with the Hydrophone for detection. We've found they are not good at submerged travel, so they will be surfaced when you encounter them.

I'm working on a possible firing torpedo from them.....too soon to tell if its going to work?!

I'll be posting what I've got for the "Team Members" tomorrow, soon to be released with our next update.
My boys have all grown up
Nice work Capn.
Old 07-28-17, 07:32 AM   #5093
s7rikeback
I break things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Missing this texture NPL_RC_T01.tga from the sea folder.(assuming this is the issue)

Ships shows up but is completely black.
Just checked my current stalls x 3, and none of them are having the same problem with textures on the hospital you currently have.

All my checks have shown full colour, and textures, both in game and museum.
Old 07-28-17, 07:57 AM   #5094
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback
My boys have all grown up
Nice work Capn.
There were some texture issues I had to overcome ("zeros" instead of "O's" again); the stock game texture wasn't correct for the Sen Taku (the alpha channel wasn't correct from the stock game.....which is used in the two AI subs we have, theType AM, and Sen Toku I). A few other minor re-positioning of parts, but their looking good now.

I'm going to let you tweak them with AA armaments, or personnel, if you think more is needed. My plan is to look into their having a firing torpedo, which we can add later after we've got missions for them to follow. They do a really nice job in defending themselves when enemy detection occurs! Since several of the Japanese subs had scout planes, I'm again trying to have them spawned from the unit.....there will me no harm in the files covering this, I just don't know if the planes will appear of not (again there's that "hard coded" aspect of the game that crops up when things don't work as expected, after you think everything is right!).

I'm doing some last tests in both the Museum and SingleMissions (had to make changes to the SingleMissions to account for other changes to the AI subs). I'll have a "Readme" that explains my changes, and what we need to do with the Ultimate mod to get things to work as expected (some files will need to be removed from v0.63). Should be uploaded later today into Area 51 for us to look at.

Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 07-28-17 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-28-17, 08:05 AM   #5095
s7rikeback
I break things

Quote:
There were some texture issues I had to overcome ("zeros" instead of "O's" again); the stock game texture wasn't correct for the Sen Taku (the alpha channel wasn't correct from the stock game.....which is used in the two AI subs we have....Type AM, and Sen Taku I). A few other minor repositioning of parts but, their looking good now.

I'm going to let you tweak them with AA armaments, or personnel, if you think more is needed. My plan is to look into their having a firing torpedo, which we can add later after we've got missions for them to follow. They do a really nice job in defending themselves when enemy detection occurs!

I'm doing some last tests in both the Museum and SingleMissions (had to make changes to the SingleMissions to account for other changes to the AI subs), I'll have a "Readme" that explains my changes, and what we need to do with the Ultimate mod to get things to work as expected (some files will need to be removed from v0.63). Should be later today.
Really looking forward to this... I think the AA armaments were fine Capn, unless we were forced to lose some during the upgrades. If none have been lost - i think that's enough for now.

Or if you deem any on the units, over armed when can adjust them accordingly.

The crew positioning, is ready to go - i have practicing with the new ships i uploaded last week.
Old 07-28-17, 08:26 AM   #5096
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Really looking forward to this... I think the AA armaments were fine Capn, unless we were forced to lose some during the upgrades. If none have been lost - i think that's enough for now.

Or if you deem any on the units, over armed when can adjust them accordingly.

The crew positioning, is ready to go - i have practicing with the new ships i uploaded last week.
I don't know what you added last week?

I'm using the "201_Japanese AI Sub Mod for FOTRSU" from the Google "WIP" folder, with a date created of July 21.

If you've added something to the AI Subs since then.....it's not in my work. Which is the danger of changing horses in mid stream!! Two people shouldn't be working on the same file and expect them to work as expected. You should take the files I've modified and add whatever you've done to them......being careful not to disturb the original. I had to change several things, in several of the files. If you've tweaked something, plan to merge/add it to my work, don't just change out...... one file for another.

Quote:
Old 07-28-17, 08:30 AM   #5097
s7rikeback
I break things

Quote:
I don't know what you added last week?

I'm using the "201_Japanese AI Sub Mod for FOTRSU" from the Google "WIP" folder, with a date created of July 21.

If you've added something to the AI Subs since then.....it's not in my work. Which is the danger of changing horses in mid stream!! Two people shouldn't be working on the same file and expect them to work as expected. You should take the files I've modified and add whatever you've done to them......being careful not to disturb the original. I had to change several things, in several of the files. If you've tweaked something, plan to merge/add it to my work, don't just change out...... one file for another.
Sorry Capn, our wires have become crossed - I was talking about Hitmans ships i uploaded last week, did i not message you about them? during the construction phase I practicing with crew nodes etc..

Last edited by s7rikeback; 07-28-17 at 09:14 AM.
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 09:32 AM   #5098
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Sorry Capn, our wires have become crossed - I was talking about Hitmans ships i uploaded last week, did i not message you about them? during the construction phase I practicing with crew nodes etc..
Ok, got it! That's good to know.

I think the way you have the AI subs with the armaments are just fine! They work well. I've got to admit, I tried the stock game Sen Toku as a surfaced ship.....it didn't do anything with enemy detection. That mission you have where a lone fishing trawler is "bait" for the AI subs is great in seeing the AI subs reaction. When having the stock game Sen Toku in the same setup, it didn't react at all to the enemy! Worth noting, we should use your Sen Toku I as the AI sub of choice when making specific missions for it, not the stock game version.

Quote:

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 07-28-17 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-28-17, 10:34 AM   #5099
s7rikeback
I break things

Quote:
Ok, got it! That's good to know.

I think the way you have the AI subs with the armaments are just fine! They work well. I've got to admit, I tried the stock game Sen Taku as a surfaced ship.....it didn't do anything with enemy detection. That mission you have where a lone fishing trawler is "bait" for the AI subs to react to is great in seeing the AI subs reaction. When having the stock game Sen Taku in the same setup, it didn't react at all to the enemy! Worth noting, we should use your Sen Taku I as the AI sub of choice when making specific missions for it, not the stock game version.

I love it, when a plan comes together!!!

Hmm that's strange, i would have thought the stock subs would work, oh wait... i'll go sit in the corner.
Old 07-28-17, 11:05 AM   #5100
s7rikeback
I break things

Deleted - Mod Soup Detected...

Restoring Data...

Last edited by s7rikeback; 07-28-17 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Mod Soup
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote