SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-20-07, 09:11 PM   #721
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbass
Jaeson,

You might want to revise your installation instructions for 1.02 to state that the Commander Rollback is done first and then disable mods using JSGME.
Good point. Will keep it in mind for next time....If I forget, remind me when you test.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 09:34 PM   #722
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp
Small detail...

Looking the "flaggen sheet" with the flags and axis/allies dates, there's "AL" with the Finnish flag showing dates "22. Oct.1941 - 18. Sep. 1944.

Finland fought against Soviets between 25. Jun 1941 - 19.9.1944 ("AX"). Then against German troops between 15. Sep. 1944 - 27. Apr. 1945 ("AL").
Another typo on the flaggen sheet. In-game Finland is represented:

Neutral 19380101 to 19410621
Axis 19410622 to 19440918
Neutral 19440919 to 19451231

Although you are suggesting that GWX is still incorrect from Sep 44 on. My guess is that despite the Lapland War, the Finns didn't actually declare war on Germany, did they? (I'm just trying to figure out why it would be neutral in-game).

Although, yes, they most definately fought the Germans! Referred to BBW/Pablo to play with.
Old 02-20-07, 09:39 PM   #723
fredbass
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbass
Jaeson,

You might want to revise your installation instructions for 1.02 to state that the Commander Rollback is done first and then disable mods using JSGME.
Good point. Will keep it in mind for next time....If I forget, remind me when you test.
Actually, I just thought you might want to reverse the order of these two paragraphs in post 687, so it would read like this:

- REMOVE any installed SH3 Commander files (if you use "SH3 Commander") by pressing the "Rollback SH3" button from within SH3 Commander.

- DISABLE all activated modifications if you use the "Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler" (JSGME). You cannot use JSGME to install GWX Patch 1.02, but you can use JSGME to activate other modifications after GWX Patch 1.02 is installed.
Old 02-20-07, 09:49 PM   #724
Potoroo
Navy Dude

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones
Although you are suggesting that GWX is still incorrect from Sep 44 on. My guess is that despite the Lapland War, the Finns didn't actually declare war on Germany, did they? (I'm just trying to figure out why it would be neutral in-game).
As best I can determine the Finns did not formally declare war on Germany. Rather, one of the terms of the armistice with the Soviets was that they had to drive any and all German troops out of their territory.
Old 02-20-07, 11:05 PM   #725
Sande
Nub

Default Thanks for a mod that wont install

I downloaded the entire Silent Hunter III Seawolves patch with a modem!!!!! Taking 40 hours! to do so is not my issue! MY Issue is that about half way into the install, the thing stops at Data\sea\NLTF.dat and from each file on (60) at the last count, i am prompted to ignore, retry or abort. Each time i am prompted it takes an additional 5 minutes to go on to the next file!!! seven@cwtg.com
Sande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 11:13 PM   #726
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sande
I downloaded the entire Silent Hunter III Seawolves patch with a modem!!!!! Taking 40 hours! to do so is not my issue! MY Issue is that about half way into the install, the thing stops at Data\sea\NLTF.dat and from each file on (60) at the last count, i am prompted to ignore, retry or abort. Each time i am prompted it takes an additional 5 minutes to go on to the next file!!! seven@cwtg.com
Seawolves patch? This is the GWX thread and we are currently talking about GWX patch 1.02 - totally unrelated, and it comes in one 76mb file.

IF however, you ARE talking about the core GWX files, then your d/l is corrupt. Did you do the MD5 compare on each file before installing, as strongly recommended? If not, then, well...you can't thank us for it not installing.

You need to d/l (links copied from the GWX homepage):

1. MD5Compare (use to verify integrity of your downloaded files and determine corruption before you run)
http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/sof...cts/jsmd5c.exe

2. GWX MD5 file (for use with MD5Compare or any MD5 programme)
http://files.filefront.com/GWXmd5/;6.../fileinfo.html

Install MD5Compare and load the GWX.md5 file (on the second tab) which you d/l into the SAME folder as the original GWX files. It will tell you if any files are corrupt. If they are, then you need to re-d/l them.

Sorry, but once you start d/l there's nothing we can do about it at our end. You may have better luck asking someone here to send you a copy on DVD, because the longer you are exposed to d/l a file, the more chance it can become corrupt.

Last edited by JScones; 02-20-07 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-21-07, 12:19 AM   #727
StandingCow
Weps

Downloads: 17

Awesome, thank you for all your hard work!
Old 02-21-07, 12:44 AM   #728
JScones
Navy Seal

Default Installer checks clarified

Reposted here to ensure its visibility...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just to summarise and clarify the installer checks, as it seems some people for what ever reason refuse to believe the installer is right!

Trust me though, it is. It is doing a very non-emotive, methodical check of your system. It simply reports what it finds. And with these checks it won't be wrong.

The error messages and likely causes are:

Modifications installed via JSGME were found. Please disable all mods before continuing.

You have mods installed via JSGME. Simply disable them. If your JSGME displays no mods enabled, before accusing the installer of being an idiot, check your MODS\!BACKUP folder. If there are ANY files there, IT MEANS YOU HAVE MODS ENABLED VIA JSGME!!! What it more specifically means is that you most likely deleted a mod in the past without disabling it first.

Now don't just delete the !BACKUP folder and files, because whilst this will make the installer happy, it won't make you happy in 20 minutes time when your game starts acting erradically due to conflicting files caused by the wayward mod that is still installed.

SH3 Commander files were found. Please roll back SH3 Commander before continuing.

The installer found evidence of SH3Cmdr files in your installation. Open SH3Cmdr and press the Rollback button. Again, if you have done this and the error persists, then what has most likely happened is:

a) you didn't rollback correctly at some earlier time, thus leaving SH3Cmdr files in your installation.

b) you have installed other mods that are being recognised as SH3Cmdr files (because the files are similar, same name etc). Still a problem as the installer won't fail on a clean GWX installation, so investigate this possibility too and remove ALL modifications from your game.

Key GWX files were not found. This patch must be installed over a copy of Silent Hunter III containing GWX (with or without existing hotfixes). Please ensure that the selected installation has GWX installed before continuing.

If you don't have GWX installed, you must install it first. If you do have GWX installed, then the installer found files sufficiently modified as to cause problems if GWX 1.02 was installed. Remember what changes you have made and undo them. If you use SH3Cmdr, then you should be adding your specific changes to it for then they will be removed automatically on every roll back and reapplied automatically on every run, thus when things are done right, the game after every rollback will always be pristine and "ready to be patched". Steppenwolf has this spot on a few posts back.

The most common causes for this mistake will be adjustments to Basic.cfg (renown and the like) or forgetting that you unzipped other large mods directly into your installation.

Guys, please remember that the installer is trying to HELP you and SAVE you from problems later on. If you maintain proper housekeeping, you will have NO problems installing the patch, Otherwise, well, reinstalling now is still much better than fault finding later. And watching your game CTD to the desktop after sinking that large warship I guess is not a good feeling.

At the worst you will become more vigilant with your JSGME and SH3Cmdr housekeeping.
Old 02-21-07, 02:19 AM   #729
Venatore
Admiral

Downloads: 68
Question with reards to the DF antenna

To whom it may concern,

With regards to the "Raised DF antenna" can this device be lowered whilst on the surface (on & off) and if so which key ? this is not a war winner for me, I just thought I would ask.

This "Raised DF antenna" is totally awsome and I thank all the modders involved in the development of the updated patch for GWX.

Thankyou
Venatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 07:10 AM   #730
ref
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venatore
To whom it may concern,

With regards to the "Raised DF antenna" can this device be lowered whilst on the surface (on & off) and if so which key ? this is not a war winner for me, I just thought I would ask.

This "Raised DF antenna" is totally awsome and I thank all the modders involved in the development of the updated patch for GWX.

Thankyou
No, it can't be lowered, there are two reasons for that, first, there's no event to asociate it to trigger the lowering/stop spinning of the antenna, second it will present the same problem as the radar, the user should need to visually determine the stop position, and the holding case is much smaller then the radar, making it very difficult to do it in the right position.

Ref
Old 02-21-07, 07:43 AM   #731
PhantomLord
XO

Downloads: 124

There´s one thing after instlling GWX 1.02: when i want to set highest speed "Key 5" everythings go down to zero speed (real speed and the gauge too). Same is in case of crash dive. No matter if surfaced or submerged.

Installation is a clean SH3 with GWX with / without hotfix...no errors during installation, no mods enabled, no SH3-Commander
Old 02-21-07, 09:25 AM   #732
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

That's very strange Phantom because that sort of experience is normally associated with the sabotage/malfunction events in sH3Cmdr :hmm:

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 10:11 AM   #733
WilhelmSchulz.
The Old Man

Downloads: 17

Will Us SH3 Commander users have to install new cfg files?

WilhelmSchulz. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 10:14 AM   #734
mr chris
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 216

Yes matey
Old 02-21-07, 10:18 AM   #735
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilhelmSchulz.
Will Us SH3 Commander users have to install new cfg files?
From the release post

Quote:
Compatibility

- Please do not assume that third-party mods compatible with previous versions of GWX are compatible with GWX 1.02. If in doubt, consult the modder.

- Whilst most existing careers will continue to work with GWX 1.02, the sheer magnitude of the campaign changes means that the GWX team can not guarantee that all existing careers will continue to work.

- SH3 Commander users must d/l and install updated GWX config files. D/l http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/GWX...fg4SH3Cmdr.zip and install as instructed.

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote