Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-19-17, 04:48 PM   #1
Outeniqua
Mate

Downloads: 134
Uploads: 0
Default RA 1.42 Helo Commands help.

Hi there!

I've had a blast with the mod, especially with the changes made to weapons and the plethora of modes available. Silex is pretty badass.

The one thing I simply can't seem to get my head around is the helo commands. I think much is getting lost in translation and I just can't get it to work. I would love to see how this will change the dynamics, when I mess around with the OHP or the Udaloy. (The Udaloy even has a nice note stuck to the ASTAC station.

I understand the the helo commands are done with the mode (acoustic/radar) and a combination of different waypoints. Unfortunately it seems I only end up with a helo that runs its waypoints and then drops a fish at the T waypoint, instead of showing the behavior I would expect as described.

Would love it to see the helo zipping about and doing passive dipping checks, just like one would expect it to do. Any advice, help or a nudge in the right direction would be awesome!

MODS:

SH 3 GWX 3
SH 4 1.5 TMO 2.5
SH 5 TWOS
DW RA 1.42
Outeniqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-17, 01:23 AM   #2
NiceSub
Torpedoman

Downloads: 66

I was wondering the same....

To playe a hello in some mode you read the note in the ASTAC station. For example if the combination is WWTT you put W point on map wait 2-3sec delete that waypoint, then proceed with next letter in the code...repeat the steps until you enter the code. Then you just place waypoints where you want it to go and if the mode is the one that dipps at EVERY point it will do so. Now I just did not understand the manual on how to change the modes once you have set one.

By reading the manual I got impression that when you set a hello to some sonar search mde the hello flies to the waypoint and then dipps a sonar if the mode set is the one that has dipp sonar at every waypoint.

The thing is when I put hello in sonar mode and I see him going to the waypoint and dipping he does not mark any contact. I do not understand what the point of the mode is. I had a AI run flank close to the hello and he did not mark anything, not to mention the submodes that have, as manual states, autoattack option, which I never got to work.

As for radar modes, there the hello will mark a radar contact on the map, but still no autoattack.

So we either did not understand the manual (Hello commands part is realy poorly written) or the routine is bugged.
NiceSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-17, 10:52 AM   #3
Outeniqua
Mate

Yea, I feel the same way. I'm either clearly missing something, or it's possibly not working. I tend the lean towards the former, because all the other weapon changes function as it says on the the tin, and are opens up awesome tactical possibilities when for employment.

Unfortunately the part in the manual for the helo commands does seem a bit lacking in explanation. I'm hoping someone has had some success with it and to teach us their ways.

MODS:

SH 3 GWX 3
SH 4 1.5 TMO 2.5
SH 5 TWOS
DW RA 1.42
Old 07-24-17, 11:42 AM   #4
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60

Author of the RA DWX mod comes sometime to this forum, however the fastest way to attract his attention and ask directly for help/explanation would be, i imagine, to ask on his forum here:
http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=172
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-17, 01:33 AM   #5
NiceSub
Torpedoman

Downloads: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outeniqua View Post
Yea, I feel the same way. I'm either clearly missing something, or it's possibly not working. I tend the lean towards the former, because all the other weapon changes function as it says on the the tin, and are opens up awesome tactical possibilities when for employment.

Unfortunately the part in the manual for the helo commands does seem a bit lacking in explanation. I'm hoping someone has had some success with it and to teach us their ways.
If you figure it our please share.
NiceSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 02:11 PM   #6
swampy
Torpedoman

Downloads: 187

It works for me. I think you must have link 11 activated from the popup meny. You may also have to enable show link data in options.
swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 06:42 PM   #7
Outeniqua
Mate

I'll give that a try. Let my just make sure I understand the scripting correctly:

Assuming acoustic link, I must have ship control selected, then enter the code, e.g. WWTW, by selecting W, waiting 2-3 secs, then deleting the waypoint, rinse repeat until the full WWTW has been entered.

After this, normal fly to waypoints will have helo move to each point and performed its programmed task?

How does this impact laying further buoy and torpedo waypoints?

MODS:

SH 3 GWX 3
SH 4 1.5 TMO 2.5
SH 5 TWOS
DW RA 1.42
Old 07-27-17, 10:22 PM   #8
swampy
Torpedoman

Downloads: 187

Yes but with WWTW the heli will only use passive sonar. I dont know how effective it is. I usually go with WWWW or WTWW.

Most of the time this will work when laying further buoy and torpedo waypoints, but I have seen some weird behavior.

I think the US Sea Hawk works best
swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 05:10 AM   #9
Outeniqua
Mate

Cool thanks. Will play around with it.

MODS:

SH 3 GWX 3
SH 4 1.5 TMO 2.5
SH 5 TWOS