Looking good.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 11:36 AM   #662
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Default Nearly done...

I probably need to add bomb-racks plus a centreline fuel tank attachment, also the large aft 'U' needs some aligning. Otherwise finished, I think...

Finished

Last edited by Eichhörnchen; 07-02-17 at 06:43 AM.
Eichhörnchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 05:54 PM   #663
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

(Further information came to light from a buddy resulting in some alterations)

Last edited by Eichhörnchen; 07-11-17 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-11-17, 12:14 PM   #664
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Default "Remagen Strike"

I've added some finishing touches to the aviation paintings before exhibition; the close-up detail is actual size.

Old 07-16-17, 01:56 PM   #665
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default The nature of the beast!

Watched an Alien marathon on tv last night 'again for the firsttime': and flashed on the art director who set it all in motion. An auto-pistol nut: I had a print of this for decades> but didn't make the cinematic connection til last night watching Alien Director's Cut:
Quote:
H.R. Giger's most distinctive stylistic innovation was that of a representation of human bodies and machines in a cold, interconnected relationship, he described as "biomechanical". His main influences were painters Dado, Ernst Fuchs and Salvador Dalí
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._R._Giger This one painting: Necronom IV> would lead to the Special Effects Oscar for Alien: The painting simply did it for director Ridley Scott and reset the tone for the whole series' horrific beast. The phallic horror:
Quote:
but Scott insisted that he had found the creature and that it was just right.The writer and co-producer Dan O'Bannon showed me a copy of "H.R. Giger's Necronomicon" book, and I immediately saw the potential his work had to offer the project. The executive producers were a bit hesitant in initially committing to his art until they had a director locked up. In this case that wound up being me. My enthusiasm with regard to the film increased significantly as I realized we had the ability to create a monster that would be superior to most of those from the past. Initially, Giger wanted to design the creature form scratch. However, I was so impressed with his "Necronom IV" and "V" paintings form the "Necronomicon" book that I insisted he follow their form. I had never been so sure of anything in my life. They were quite specific to what I envisioned for the film, particularly in the unique manner in which they conveyed both horror and beauty.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-17, 02:24 PM   #666
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

Can't get too much of an ALIEN MARATHON mate
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-17, 06:04 PM   #667
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default alien erotica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
Can't get too much of an ALIEN MARATHON mate
INDEED mate!
Quote:
Film analyst Lina Badley has written that the Alien's design, with strong Freudian sexual undertones, multiple phallic symbols, and overall feminine figure, provides an androgynous image conforming to archetypal mappings and imageries in horror films that often redraw gender lines. Screenplay writer O'Bannon himself later described the sexual imagery in Alien as overt and intentional: "One thing that people are all disturbed about is sex... I said 'That's how I'm going to attack the audience; I'm going to attack them sexually. And I'm not going to go after the women in the audience, I'm going to attack the men. I am going to put in every image I can think of to make the men in the audience cross their legs
Copious amounts of K-Y jelly were used to simulate saliva and to give the Alien an overall slimy appearance http://imgur.com/a/3cEEM
Oscar winner: best supporting actress Veronica Cartwright, originally cast as Alien's heroine Ellen Ripley, but director Scott switched her role with Ms Weaver's role just prior to shooting the film, described Giger's sets as "so erotic...it's big vaginas and penises...the whole thing is like you're going inside of some sort of womb or whatever...it's sort of visceral".Hey Fubes! the lady is always right! The original script had a Downer Ending where the alien kills Ripley, then imitates her voice in a call to Earth, indicating it's headed there next. Scott was persuaded that the film was horrific enough without it. More nudity was going to be in the film, with the characters often walking around naked to show how comfortable they are with each other. Ripley was supposed to be nude when she changes into the spacesuit at the end for a moment. But producers were worried that the film would be banned in other countries, and insisted Ripley be wearing underwear. This was Ridley Scott's second film. http://alienanthology.wikia.com/wiki/Alien Having worked on various productions, from movies to car commercials, the 'how ' is often more interesting than the product to me. In this case, thank god 'my legs are crossed in terror'...I won't spill so much popcorn!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 07-16-17 at 06:22 PM.
Old 07-17-17, 10:34 AM   #668
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Found in an old box at the back of the garden shed today... my one and only self-portrait. I haven't seen this for about 30 years!

Old 07-17-17, 03:03 PM   #669
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

^ I last saw that 'photofit' on Crimewatch about thirty years ago.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-17, 03:11 PM   #670
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

I never done it
Old 07-17-17, 03:20 PM   #671
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
I never done it

Old 07-27-17, 05:45 PM   #672
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Icon12 some humor; 2 B taken with absyinthe

Quote:
Found in an old box at the back of the garden shed today... my one and only self-portrait. I haven't seen this for about 30 years!

Do it again with one ear missing...Van Eich You'll be an 'old master...of many parts'

Old 07-27-17, 05:52 PM   #673
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Icon8

Quote:

Bloody heck its Roy acid bath Peter's!

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 06:20 AM   #674
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Bloody heck its Roy acid bath Peter's!

Old 07-28-17, 06:38 AM   #675
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Never heard of Roy "Acid Bath" Peters

Anyway, here's another painting of 'K5054'

Last edited by Eichhörnchen; 07-28-17 at 08:59 AM.