SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-25-17, 07:09 AM   #46
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

In 'Stalker' all the zombies are armed with shotguns, pistols or automatic weapons, but they still don't move fast
Old 11-17-17, 03:56 PM   #47
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38

Reviving the thread to say that the recent release of Misery 2.2 has brought me back in to it and I'm loving it all over again. It's even more difficult now than it was 3 or 4 years ago when this thread started.

It's not so much the enemies or mutants, though even that is true (silent bloodsuckers for example), but things like armor degradation and cooking. For example I cannot cook my own food because I have yet to find a lighter, which was not one of the requirements in previous versions.

It's just one more challenge to overcome and I like it.

Actually, before installing the new Misery I had been playing around with some other newish mods like Call of Chernobyl which is wonderful for those more interested in living the Stalker life than following a storyline. And frankly many of us have run through the storylines more than once. So the free-play CoC is really cool if you just want to be a Stalker and not worry about 'moving forward'.

The Call of Misery combination of these two mods may ultimately be my sweet spot, but for now I am exploring all of the new features of Misery 2.2 and I'll give it a go once there is a 2.2 version of CoM.

If you've been away from Misery for a while, or Stalker in general, now is a good time for a revisit.
Old 03-22-18, 03:51 PM   #48
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Yaay! I've been mathering for a long time over not being able to play Clear Sky (because of the wretched 'Tages' anti-emulation software). Then I read that GOG and STEAM will redeem a legit game-key for you and provide you with a free download. I went for the former, since it allows you to install on any number of PCs and you don't have to connect online to play.

Well it took 24 hours to download the thing but it was trouble-free (you also get other goodies like the soundtrack, besides the manual) and now I have it on both computers, plus download files copied into an auxiliary storage drive

"Get out of here, Stalker!"
Old 04-14-18, 04:02 PM   #49
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Old 04-20-18, 10:37 AM   #50
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Hey mate, don't come 'round as much as I used to. Glad to see you're still playing Stalker. Before Christmas I got back in to it, and had a blast for a while, mostly with Misery. I detailed some of the experience at SimHQ where I mostly hang out. If interested, you can see my posts here

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...ry#Post4389825

Misery is an awesome mod. I found a SG-550-S in the quarry in Jupiter and it fit my style perfectly. Love that gun. I found much to like in the latest Misery version. Well, you can see most of it in that link.

Good hunting Stalker
Old 04-20-18, 01:27 PM   #51
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

STALKERs, hello! Has anyone here done a no-death run of any STALKER game on elevated difficulty? I tried recently on stream with Shadow of Chernobyl at the highest difficulty, but Wolfhound killed me in Wild Territories because I didn't pay attention for half a second

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-18, 01:59 PM   #52
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Before playing Misery again I played through CoP in vanilla, with a few mods. I played Master and didn't die. I wasn't doing a no-death run per se, but it's vanilla Stalker, so it's not very dangerous.

The thing is, higher difficulties are probably easier with how the weapon accuracy works in this game. The higher the difficulty, the higher the accuracy. It affects the player and the NPCs, so the AI are better shots. But so are you, and that added accuracy for the player makes all the difference.

I've also played Misery a lot, and that makes vanilla Stalker feel much easier than it did before.

While we are on the subject.... I also played SoC again, and used the Autumn Aurora mod and I highly recommend it for a new SoC playthrough.
Old 05-15-18, 04:48 PM   #53
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Hello, buddy... I hoped you'd show up. Thanks for the link and I shall come and look at you at SimHQ. I think (so I still haven't done it) I should go with 'Misery' after all... I looked into modding some of my flight sims recently and quickly came to the conclusion that brain-surgery would be easier, so I'm back looking at all this again.

Clear Sky was fun, but the Zone is just not such a dangerous place there.

Cheers, mate!

PS: I'll look for that SG-550
Old 05-16-18, 08:37 AM   #54
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Cool, yeah, I'd like to hear your thoughts, I really didn't get any response at all in that thread, so even a "this sucks!" is better than nothing lol.

For the 550, be sure it's the 'dash-S', not the standard 550. They are fairly rare, so if you get your hands on one stash it until you can fix it up.

If you have any questions about Misery let me know.
Old 05-16-18, 11:20 AM   #55
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Apparently, S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 is officially in development now.

2021 release date is all I know so far, have just seen the announcement.
Old 05-16-18, 11:49 AM   #56
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Good news, and with Exodus on the horizon (though delayed unfortunately) it's looking good for the post-apocalyptic shooter genre.
Old 05-17-18, 05:39 PM   #57
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Now and then I drop into the FB page "100 RADS BAR" and they've been in a total meltdown over news of Stalker2, many of them already arguing about how good or bad it'll be... and all they have to go on is the name

What I heard about Misery is that you have to spend a long long time earning and gathering resources before you can get on with the adventures, so I take your point entirely about that gun and making it good... I actually enjoy ensuring that all my equipment and clothing/armour is A1, with as much medikit, ammo and grenades as I can carry... so I think this will suit my patient, thorough nature

Last edited by Eichhörnchen; 05-18-18 at 12:15 AM.
Eichhörnchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-18, 08:10 AM   #58
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post

What I heard about Misery is that you have to spend a long long time earning and gathering resources before you can get on with the adventures, so I take your point entirely about that gun and making it good...
This is true, yes. The hobo phase lasts far longer in Misery than in any vanilla Stalker title. For me, that's a big part of what makes it so appealing.

Quote:
I actually enjoy ensuring that all my equipment and clothing/armour is A1, with as much medikit, ammo and grenades as I can carry... so I think this will suit my patient, thorough nature
Sounds as though we are cut from the same cloth, and you sound like the right sort of player for Misery. You may not like it I suppose, but if you like to obsessively manage and care for your kit then Misery will certainly scratch that itch.

A patient player will have a big advantage with this mod. If you are not in a hurry you will enjoy it more, will die less. I've spent hours sitting in my 'hide' and sniping hapless bandits that come within range.

It's an awesome experience for Stalker players who love the games, but wish it were all more gritty, bleak and survivalistic.
Old 05-19-18, 09:34 AM   #59
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

I couldn't see anything about it in the FAQs on the Misery webpage, but does 2.2 require higher than DirectX 9.0c to run?

But every time I get ready to download, I go and read something like this: https://steamcommunity.com/app/41700...6359691519137/

So apart from the stuff about the unrewarding nature of the gameplay, what is the point of having all these enhanced graphics if it runs like crap now? I can play all the vanilla games with everything maxed out; I guess there is only one way to find out...

Last edited by Eichhörnchen; 05-19-18 at 10:25 AM.
Eichhörnchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-18, 10:23 AM   #60
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Sorry I don't know. I believe I ran it in DX11 full or whatever the highest renderer is. I know you can choose other renderers and DX9 is one, I think.

I believe it is no different than vanilla CoP