SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-09-15, 08:02 AM   #46
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
1. Anvart's old NYGM_DFa_UpdownRot mod now appears in NYGM as he intended. Somehow, I overlooked the mod in past additions. Apologies to Anvart for that. This same mod also is used in the Stiebler4C_V16B1 hard-code fix, with a large number of Anvart-generated turms.

Stiebler.
From NYGM3_6_Manual:

Quote:

- Anvart_NYGM_DFa_UpDownRot
(NYGM 3.6E). Anvart’s talented modelling provides the raising and lowering of rotatable U-boat radars, and of the Radio Direction Finder (D/F).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
I did a mod FM30_UpDown_* for GWX only....At the request of users I adapted FM30_UpDown_Final for LSH... but I've never done the adaptation of FM30_UpDown_Final or FM30_UpDown_GWX to NYGM... I'm not a fan of the NYGN mod and I have not played with it... I will not8 adapt my mod for NYGM....
Are you saying that you did not collaborate with Stiebler in adapting the work which he credits to you in NYGM3.6E?

I don't intend to be provocative. I am trying to understand what appears to be a very complex situation.

Last edited by BigWalleye; 01-09-15 at 08:56 AM.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-15, 12:10 PM   #47
Leitender
Planesman

Downloads: 50

Anvart

Thank your for your clarification. I remember this "jump" didn´t occur in your earlier version of that mod without that move-in/move-out animation, which is integrated in GWX3.0.

Tycho

Quote:
Probably, is possible to synchronize this, if play with rotation coordinates.
But, only for first time after loading. After every turn-off/on, the radar antenna begins rotation from the orientation where the radar was switched to off.
I'll check, when I'm on my computer.
Very odd. For me, that doesn´t work at all. The antenna jump occurs every time I start the radar (I use the key commands) from a more ore less random position.
Maybe I did something wrong in my installation? I use three different sets (GWX, LSH and stock with NYGM), but that jump happens in each. Could that be a question of the orientation? In my installations the matress always turns counterclockwise (if you look from above ) whereas the handweel turns clockwise (the hand wheel bug, wich led to that change of orientation, is known). Is there a possibility to change the orientation of the mattress? I have the impression that the turning of the antenna is somehow dependant on the turning of the hand wheel.

Greetings
Leitender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-15, 04:36 AM   #48
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leitender View Post
In my installations the matress always turns counterclockwise (if you look from above ) whereas the handweel turns clockwise (the hand wheel bug, wich led to that change of orientation, is known). Is there a possibility to change the orientation of the mattress? I have the impression that the turning of the antenna is somehow dependant on the turning of the hand wheel.
Well, in my game, the hand weel turns counterclockwise. And, this is the way in which it must rotate.
Because, the pointer is fixed, the bearing scale on hand weel goes from 0 to 90 to 180 and so on.
Unlike the hydrophone, where the bearing scale is fixed, and the pointer is rotating.

This weekend, I came to another crazy decision for the radars, where all is very nice, visually.
But, Anvart is very touchy about his mods, and now I'm worried to speak for this.
Old 01-13-15, 04:26 AM   #49
Leitender
Planesman

Downloads: 50

Of course you are right. The hand wheel also turns counterclockwise. I mixed the orientation of the wheel with the markings on the dial. One should not write at work without access to the game I´m sorry for the confusion.

One of my thoughts was that the correction of the buggy bearing could be the reason for the non-synchronious turning of the antenna. But that´s not the case. Even with stock settings, the antenna jumps to a random wherever position. Further, the antenna continues to rotate even if the the FuMO is set to "focus" on any bearing and therefore the handwheel is holding. It seems that there´s no synchronisation at all.

Greetings
Leitender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-15, 04:50 AM   #50
Tycho
Sonar Guy

I see things, like this:
The game engine rotate the radar antenna. And the rotation, after loading the game, starts from bearing 0, with 3d model for antenna, oriented according to "rotation: Y" coordinate for R01 node, in the "turm_.dat" file. With radar_turn_off, the rotation stops.
When you activate the radar again, the rotation starts from where was stopped.
Anvart FM30_UpDown mod, don't rotate the antenna, the mod move 3d object for the radar antenna up / down. And orients 3d object, to standing down properly in it housing.

From down to up, FM30_UpDown animation takes 2,4 sec. For this time, the radar is already in On state.
This means, that the game already rotate the radar antenna. And when FM30_UpDown animation ends, after 2,4 sec, happens this jump - to where the radar antenna was turned, by the game engine.
Old 01-13-15, 02:17 PM   #51
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
I see things, like this:
The game engine rotate the radar antenna. And the rotation, after loading the game, starts from bearing 0, with 3d model for antenna, oriented according to "rotation: Y" coordinate for R01 node, in the "turm_.dat" file. With radar_turn_off, the rotation stops.
When you activate the radar again, the rotation starts from where was stopped.
Anvart FM30_UpDown mod, don't rotate the antenna, the mod move 3d object for the radar antenna up / down. And orients 3d object, to standing down properly in it housing.

From down to up, FM30_UpDown animation takes 2,4 sec. For this time, the radar is already in On state.
This means, that the game already rotate the radar antenna. And when FM30_UpDown animation ends, after 2,4 sec, happens this jump - to where the radar antenna was turned, by the game engine.
One solution might be to adapt the animation time to half the 'SweepPeriod' time in sensors.dat so that exactly half a rotation has been performed (0°-->180°)

Regards, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-15, 04:29 AM   #52
Tycho
Sonar Guy

I had other work these days.
Now, here is my final decision, what I made with the radars in my installation:

I just, turned off the rotation on the 3d object for the radar antenna from the game. The sensor will work and sweep, just will not rotate the 3d object for the sensor.
Now I need, animation for rotation for FM30_UpDown. Don't need to discover the hot water, Anvart already made it.
I take the rotation animation from DFA_All.anm, and redesign FuMO_30.anm.
Reverse this animation, to rotate the antenna clockwise.
And with redesign in FMO_30.dat, made the "Radar_one_sweep" to work properly, will:
go Up - rotate one turnover - go Down.
Now the radar antenna works visually perfect. No jumps, rotates clockwise, have three "random animations for imitation of search".
Just as the animation for DF Antenna works.

Imperfection, will be that the orientation will not match with bearing in the radar station.
But this is not important for me, when I'm on radar station, I don't see, how the antenna is faced, and vice versa.

radar.avi

With this, I finished with the radars in my installation, now I'll direct my dirty hands to other things.
Old 01-22-15, 07:21 AM   #53
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
I had other work these days.
Now, here is my final decision, what I made with the radars in my installation:

I just, turned off the rotation on the 3d object for the radar antenna from the game. The sensor will work and sweep, just will not rotate the 3d object for the sensor.
Now I need, animation for rotation for FM30_UpDown. Don't need to discover the hot water, Anvart already made it.
I take the rotation animation from DFA_All.anm, and redesign FuMO_30.anm.
Reverse this animation, to rotate the antenna clockwise.
And with redesign in FMO_30.dat, made the "Radar_one_sweep" to work properly, will:
go Up - rotate one turnover - go Down.
Now the radar antenna works visually perfect. No jumps, rotates clockwise, have three "random animations for imitation of search".
Just as the animation for DF Antenna works.

Imperfection, will be that the orientation will not match with bearing in the radar station.
But this is not important for me, when I'm on radar station, I don't see, how the antenna is faced, and vice versa.

radar.avi

With this, I finished with the radars in my installation, now I'll direct my dirty hands to other things.
Tycho, will you make this available to the community, in NYGM or as a separate mod?
Old 01-22-15, 07:49 AM   #54
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
Tycho, will you make this available to the community, in NYGM or as a separate mod?
No! These are Anvart's mods!

But, I'll help you, to do it for yourself, via PM.
Old 01-22-15, 08:15 AM   #55
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
No! These are Anvart's mods!

But, I'll help you, to do it for yourself, via PM.
Tycho, I would really appreciate that.
Old 06-15-15, 02:44 AM   #56
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
wolf_howl15

Hopefully, snivels chewing is ended?
Everyone serious modder knows all problems of radar/antenna since 2005...2006. Nobody said nothing new.
Quote:
This weekend, I came to another crazy decision for the radars, where all is very nice, visually.
A bold statement for ...
Variant for exacting players, but this variant is more incompatible with other mods... so never published.

My conceptual idea of this mod remains unchanged... such a trifle as "jump of catch-up" when you switch forced animation of the rising to engine animation of rotation... it really is trivia.
Your wordiness about jumps and your reasoning about their elimination while maintaining synchronization of rotational radar wheel, radar antenna and radar beam is talking about bad understanding of the subject of conversation.
Video:
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/2h2kh...darAntenna.mp4
View or download ~ 158 MB

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 04-30-18 at 07:33 AM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-15, 12:06 PM   #57
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Is there a problem here?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 09:35 AM   #58
qazxsw
Watch

Downloads: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareSteelBar View Post
IIRC Anvart did the solution in his FM30_UpDown_final mod.
Hello friend Can you give me a new link for FM30_UpDown_final
I can't download now Help me please Thanks very much
qazxsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-17, 09:13 AM   #59
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
wolf_howl15

Hi.
I do not recommend you read this thread.

FM30_UpDown_final is out of date.
Try this:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c4mqhy...Down_GWX__.rar
This mod for origin. GWX 3 Gold mod without h.sie mod.
FM30 (and other FM) will be raised after scene initialization.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Jimbuna; 04-10-17 at 01:31 PM. Reason: No need to insult people.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-17, 11:20 PM   #60
qazxsw
Watch

Downloads: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
Hi.
I do not recommend you read this thread.

FM30_UpDown_final is out of date.
Try this:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c4mqhy...Down_GWX__.rar
This mod for origin. GWX 3 Gold mod without h.sie mod.
FM30 (and other FM) will be raised after scene initialization.
First Thank you for your help Thank you for your advice I know what you mean My friend thank you so much
qazxsw is offline   Reply With Quote