Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-10-11, 11:28 AM   #61
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldorak View Post
Putting the pieces together its quite obvious that SCS is planning a new game based on some navy sponsored project. The same as DW was.
Wether its going to be a successor to DW, or a totally new thing who knows.
I just hope they make it compatibile with xp and they throw out the window the 10-15 year old graphics engine since at this point its really anachronistic, and maybe concentrate only on 2d stations. 2d art can be very compelling, moreso with the right enviroment (audio, etc...).
Don't jinx.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 11:31 AM   #62
tommo8993
Helmsman

Downloads: 17

now its down as subsim news.... does neal stevens know something we dont?
tommo8993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 11:33 AM   #63
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommo8993 View Post
now its down as subsim news.... does neal stevens know something we dont?
Always. Neal always knows something that we don't. That's why he's the man.
Old 01-10-11, 01:03 PM   #64
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
Don't jinx.
What does this mean ? You think I'm on the wrong track ?
Consider this, before the new section was made visible, we had someone from SCS asking informally what we would like to see in a hypothetical new game.
Then we have the news that SCS has received 17 million dollars for a new software project, and finally we have the new section (albeit closed for the moment). Putting 2+2 together makes 4.
Who knows, maybe SCS will go the SH 5 route with a game thats 100% arcade, no more flank speed thank you very much but super speed and other things like that. No more sonar, but an underwater radar as you see in crimson tide.
Its either this or an announcement that they've closed shop, sold all assets to Ubisoft and a new SH 6 The Cold War is coming for the ps 3 and xbox 360.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 01:24 PM   #65
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3214

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusoya77 View Post
Sorry I didn't explain why I am asking a question that was already asked. I am still getting use to what I can and can't say on these forums.

Frying Tiger and I were talking about what a new game would be like and I thought it would be more like DW. Also I wanted all the recent suggestions in one spot.

My speculation is for commercial and non-commercial purposes any new game would have to be modern. I would love to do WW2 but its not dual purpose. I am not ruling anything out because we could do purely commercial games (I hope we do).

Now that my reason for posting is done these suggestions are great! I grew up playing PC games and love moddablility. I was just a kid when I made some Duke Nukem 3d levels. I love games that came with level builders, sdks, etc. So I would love the next game to support mods. As for the doctrine files, those are written in a pseudo language, if the game was to support modding I would love for it to implement a script language like Lua for more powerful doctrines/modding. This also seems to be the trend in video games.

DW has such old graphics; I would love a new game XP/Vista/Win7 compatible, all new graphics engine. FC style players commanding DW players in the same persistent server is a great idea also
Yes! My idea is about a modern nuke sub game, with more "simulation". A DW with improved graphics and possibility of modding is a great project!

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 01:29 PM   #66
jdkbph
Captain

Downloads: 104

Wants:
Take the MPS Red Storm Rising story line concept (WWIII during the 80's and 90's), add a war game-esque dynamic campaign engine, then drop it all into an updated Sub Command type SS/SSN simulator.

I actually prefer the high detail 2D controls and displays with all the switches, knobs, dials and buttons.

Eye candy is good - I love the ability to pan around my own boat form the outside, see the sights, watch as the torpedo or missile impacts the target - but not at the expense of any of the above.

Don't wants:
Don't need or want 3D controls, interiors or the ability to walk around inside the boat. Don't want to socialize with crew. Don't need multiplayer.

Oh, and just as an aside.... eSims can ask - and get - $125 a pop for their hi fidelity tank sim SBPro SE. No reason to think your target audience would not be willing to go that far and further for an equivalent sub sim.

JD
jdkbph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 01:48 PM   #67
ASWnut101
Admiral

Downloads: 9

Read (notably the last sentence): http://www.defpro.com/news/details/2...b3c9e29b28effc

ASWnut101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 01:51 PM   #68
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldorak View Post
What does this mean ? You think I'm on the wrong track ?
Consider this, before the new section was made visible, we had someone from SCS asking informally what we would like to see in a hypothetical new game.
Then we have the news that SCS has received 17 million dollars for a new software project, and finally we have the new section (albeit closed for the moment). Putting 2+2 together makes 4.
Who knows, maybe SCS will go the SH 5 route with a game thats 100% arcade, no more flank speed thank you very much but super speed and other things like that. No more sonar, but an underwater radar as you see in crimson tide.
Its either this or an announcement that they've closed shop, sold all assets to Ubisoft and a new SH 6 The Cold War is coming for the ps 3 and xbox 360.
No, no. All it means is that I was being superstitious in saying that if we say it is something that we want, it won't end up being something that we want.
Old 01-10-11, 01:56 PM   #69
Delareon
Planesman

Downloads: 77

If Sonalysts made a new game... maybe we get an mysterious placeholder in the forums and Neal let us wait and wait and wait until he shows us that this was just a joke?
Delareon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 02:17 PM   #70
-GrayOwl-
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

How much time is possible it will be bought empty promise or unrealizable dreams?

SCS - dead.

Three guys from SCS could not make decent game.

And never can make it further.

This conversation proceeds many years.

However even of a normal patch was not issued.

It speaks that SCS is dead. Is really dead.

In time - to collect money on obelus for SCS [Sonalysts].

They are more - not developers of games.

Regards.

NOTE: Even mine the grandfather is younger, them software... o-xo xo...

Last edited by -GrayOwl-; 01-10-11 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-10-11, 03:47 PM   #71
dd149
Soundman

Downloads: 183
Default Sonalysts behaviour

If SCS would be able to show some respect to the community wh has bought their games, they should show it by releasing the "outdated" source code for the community to remove the bugs, but maybe they intend to sell it one more time with cosmetic improvements (but original bugs still included as a bonus...). Pity, with the very active community, I am pretty sure that the interim result would be great and open the slot for a better new game.
dd149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 04:34 PM   #72
fredm2002
Nub

Downloads: 16
Default Burke/LCS/Viriginia SSN

I would like to see a highly detailed simulation that will immerse the player into scenerios that mimic real-world hot spots; North Korea, Iran, China, Central America.

Also allow the player to relive the Cold War with a Red Storm Rising type missions.

I would want campaigns that depending on you did, adapt to the actions of the player.

A manual that is 500+ pages thick so I can read about the intricate details of commanding a ship of this level.

Graphics that are state of the art, and will push the limits of today's technology. One that will require and be written for multi-core cpus and be 64 bit to work with more than 2-3 gb of RAM.

I would pay top $$$ for a game like this.
fredm2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 05:25 PM   #73
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd149 View Post
If SCS would be able to show some respect to the community wh has bought their games, they should show it by releasing the "outdated" source code for the community to remove the bugs, but maybe they intend to sell it one more time with cosmetic improvements (but original bugs still included as a bonus...). Pity, with the very active community, I am pretty sure that the interim result would be great and open the slot for a better new game.
I don't know where you have been, but the SCS devs have been on this forum, with this comminity ever since the release of 688(i). Frying Tiger has been here to field questions and give advice, despite the fact that the company has not been involved in the consumer market since that time. Fusoya, a new dev, has come on to this board to interact with this community in the past few months. Back when they were under the Janes label, Kim Castro and company were very receptive to the needs of the consumer, and SubSim, specifically. If anything, I think that they have bent over backward to provide this community with respect. SCS is a class act.

Their code is their code, and they can release or retain it as they see fit.
Old 01-10-11, 05:27 PM   #74
tommo8993
Helmsman

Downloads: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASWnut101 View Post

i think hes onto something, tactics simulator? fleet command 2? carrier battlegroup commander? surface action group commander?
tommo8993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 06:02 PM   #75
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommo8993 View Post
i think hes onto something, tactics simulator? fleet command 2? carrier battlegroup commander? surface action group commander?

Well if you are going to employ a carrier battle group you will need Chinese submarines to pop up in the middle of the formation.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote