SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-06-18, 04:32 AM   #1
Ekaton
Watch

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0
Default Wolves of Steel - can't lock on target

I can't lock on target in periscope mode on the periscope depth. I was able to do so using the UZO but the sea is too rough to use it to determine the range accurately. If I can't lock the target I can't use the stadimeter and so I can't do anything. Any suggestions?

Reloaded the save (hate that) - now I can't lock the target with the UZO, though I can do so after the "ship sighted" message. I can clearly see the ship, even its flag, but still can't determine its distance because of some stupid game mechanic? What gives?!
Old 05-06-18, 04:40 AM   #2
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaton View Post
Any suggestions?
Get closer, enable battle stations (F7 key)...Your visual sensors have to "detect" a target first in order to mark it. Happy hunting!
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-18, 05:47 AM   #3
Ekaton
Watch

Downloads: 117

Ok, but it's getting ridiculous at times. My crew can't detect two obvious smoke trails about 6000m from my ship despite being on the battle stations for a couple of minutes, and all that in a perfect weather. Enemy ships are getting away
Old 05-06-18, 01:04 PM   #4
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390

How is their morale? If morale is low you can have problems as well as Time Compression. If you use higher than 128 you can have issues spotting tho ha especially planes.
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-18, 05:21 PM   #5
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaton View Post
Ok, but it's getting ridiculous at times. My crew can't detect two obvious smoke trails about 6000m from my ship despite being on the battle stations for a couple of minutes, and all that in a perfect weather. Enemy ships are getting away
Cant say that I share similar opinion regarding this one. In my opinion, marking distances in any weather are actually quite large, especially in good weather.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-18, 11:26 PM   #6
VikingSail
Watch

Downloads: 40

Experienced the same a couple of times. Mostly due to 0 moral of the crew because of long time sailing without any targets to be find.
the XO will not lock on target or even refuse to bring up the target menu if his moral is 0.

======================ÜPDÄTÈ====================== ===

Having more problems than that now. Even tho my crew moral is at 0. I could actually lock on ships. But - when I lower the periscope and put it up again, it takes at least 30 secs or so to be able to lock on it or use the XO menu again. That is although when the ship is only less than 2km in front of me at about 6 AM with a clear sky.

Last edited by VikingSail; 06-05-18 at 11:33 AM.
VikingSail is offline   Reply With Quote