SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-24-13, 12:47 AM   #1516
dem
Planesman

Downloads: 476
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
How do I get the U-Boat number that I want to display in the ships log. Also my Kaluen's name. I changed it in the options file editor but it didnt change it. It still says UC201 and TheDarkWraith. After I changed it and it stated that it was changing the specific files in the SH5 folder in my documents I saved the changes and nothing.

HI
Hope This Helps

in the option file editor in ships journal tap changed sub no and captain name

THEN edit documents\sh5\data\cfg\playersetting.cfg file to make the uboat hull nunber there match the entry above Find this line unitname

Dem
dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 01:29 AM   #1517
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Here, it doesn't work with the TDW file viewer editor.
I have to open manually the .py file (the old way) and type the new captain name and U number.
Then as said above, in Documents/SH5/data/Cfg/playersettings i type the new U number to match what i have chosen in the .py file.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 03:19 AM   #1518
dem
Planesman

Downloads: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Here, it doesn't work with the TDW file viewer editor.
I have to open manually the .py file (the old way) and type the new captain name and U number.
Then as said above, in Documents/SH5/data/Cfg/playersettings i type the new U number to match what i have chosen in the .py file.
How right you are
it doesn't work with the TDW file viewer editor.

Thanks for That

Dem
dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 03:28 AM   #1519
Santini
Medic

Downloads: 389
Uploads: 1

Hello!
Downloaded the all inclusive, ran the .mep to install, and got the tutorial disabled

Started up the game, went new campaign, no tutorial, and then it crashes before it loads up the bunker

In the logs:
RadioMessages_2

... that's it. Any ideas?
Santini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 07:24 AM   #1520
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Here, it doesn't work with the TDW file viewer editor..
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post
..it doesn't work with the TDW file viewer editor...
It perfectly works with OptionsFileEditorViewer..
Fifi, I already told you how it works..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 09:48 AM   #1521
tenbensons
Nub

Downloads: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini View Post
Hello!
Downloaded the all inclusive, ran the .mep to install, and got the tutorial disabled

Started up the game, went new campaign, no tutorial, and then it crashes before it loads up the bunker

In the logs:
RadioMessages_2

... that's it. Any ideas?
I spent 3 days getting the all in one to work. After going through the majority of this thread I have a stable game again. Here is what I did,

Un-enable these mods

TDW_Ship_Inertia_1_1_0
TDW_IRAI_Inertia_Damage_Test
AI_sub_crew_1_0_2_TheDarkWraith

That allowed me to get into the bunker and start a patrol. However I was still getting a crash when I would exit the game.

Deleting the Library folder located in "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\silentmichals interior mod 1.2.1\data" solved it.

Hopefully that should give you a stable game
tenbensons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 02:08 PM   #1522
Santini
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenbensons View Post
I spent 3 days getting the all in one to work. After going through the majority of this thread I have a stable game again. Here is what I did,

Un-enable these mods

TDW_Ship_Inertia_1_1_0
TDW_IRAI_Inertia_Damage_Test
AI_sub_crew_1_0_2_TheDarkWraith

That allowed me to get into the bunker and start a patrol. However I was still getting a crash when I would exit the game.

Deleting the Library folder located in "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\silentmichals interior mod 1.2.1\data" solved it.

Hopefully that should give you a stable game
!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seems to have worked !!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-24-13, 02:09 PM   #1523
Singed
Sailbad the Sinner

Downloads: 126

Maybe this will help some folks:

I had a host of problems getting this all working, but eventually got it all going, maybe this will help someone, or maybe Sober will tell me how badly I messed up and to stop giving bad advice.

How Singed, a totally new SH5 player, got Sober's complete list working, on a laptop no less, in a way that will let him play 3-4 complete gaming sessions between odd, random CTDs.

Assumptions: Any previous installations of SH5 completely eliminated, SH5 installed outside of Program Files directory and latest updates from Ubisoft applied. JSGME installed in SH5 directory. 7zip installed.

- Get the latest all in one from Subsim. Some of it is superseded, but it represents the bulk of the downloading work.

- Get Sober's newest .MEP file.

- Extract the all in one to a temporary directory and start going through each mod. Pulling the correct one to SH5/Mods. Note that some mods are basically mods within mods, so just pulling the entire folder may not work right. You may have to use 7zip to drill down a layer or two to get to what you really need.

Clue: The mod you need will have the right name and will only have a /data folder and maybe a /documentation folder.

- When this is done, put Sober's latest .MEP file in the SH5/Mods directory.

- Using JSGME, go to TASKS -> Import mod profile: Attempt to load Sober's latest MEP. It will fail, but give you a list of what is missing or changed. Take notes, it will save you a lot headaches.

- This is where the detective work begins. Referring to this thread, pages 1-5 or so, you can track down every mod that is different and get those.

- Again, go through each mod making sure it is not actually a small collection of mods and place it in SH5\mods. Remember the clue from above.

- Once all the mods are safely in SH5\Mods but before actually installing them, read all of Sober's instructions and follow them to the letter. Make the TDW patch, the changes to Real Navigation, and all the rest.

Only when all of this is done, import the mods.

Like I said, I had a ton of problems, but this exact process got it running for me about 2 weeks ago and I've had very few problems. For anyone with doubts, Sober's compilation works very well and is an awesome game experience.

Also: I only play SH5 on a fresh boot of the machine with no other programs running. When I do CTD, it has always been cases where I failed to play on a fresh boot or tried to immediately reload SH5 after one without rebooting first. I think the game itself, with the mods, is pretty resource heavy and invites conflicts, a fresh boot with no other programs running minimizes the changes.

Finally: If this helps anyone, and the modders bless it off as technically correct and accurate, I'll be happy to make the documentation prettier. I just typed this off the cuff in about 15 minutes.
Singed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 04:46 PM   #1524
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
0730 25/02/2013
removed silentmichals interior mod as some people were getting a ctd on loading a new campaign .
I think some people were getting a ctd because of TDW_Ship_Inertia_1_1_0.. not because of silentmichals interior..

silentmichals interior may cause ctd when exiting the game and not at the start of a new campaign..

IMO

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 05:48 PM   #1525
Santini
Medic

So, going to the most up to date install, and unable to locate:

FX_Update_0_0_21_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith_Patch_1

Does anyone have an alternate download for these, as their mediafire uploads seem to be broken
Old 02-24-13, 05:57 PM   #1526
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini View Post
So, going to the most up to date install, and unable to locate:

FX_Update_0_0_21_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTheDarkWraith_Patch_1

Does anyone have an alternate download for these, as their mediafire uploads seem to be broken
FX link fixed , working on the others .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 06:24 PM   #1527
Santini
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
FX link fixed , working on the others .
Thank you, sir!
Old 02-24-13, 09:08 PM   #1528
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1783
Default Hot Keys.

Sober,

I was wondering if you could include a list of hot keys ( not to include the basic game keys of course ) that have been incorporated through all of the mods on the list. I know that I have a heck of a time remembering all of them and I think that would be very helpful to some people. Especially to my pee brain. Thanks Sober.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 09:14 PM   #1529
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
Sober,

I was wondering if you could include a list of hot keys ( not to include the basic game keys of course ) that have been incorporated through all of the mods on the list. I know that I have a heck of a time remembering all of them and I think that would be very helpful to some people. Especially to my pee brain. Thanks Sober.
I use the GUI and the only keys i use are the F7 for opening and closing all the hatches and the + and - keys for time compression .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 09:16 PM   #1530
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
It perfectly works with OptionsFileEditorViewer..
Fifi, I already told you how it works..
Crap!...i don't remember
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote