SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-02-08, 07:45 PM   #841
Able72
Captain

Downloads: 299
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Able72
yes, and I own that expansion. The problem is, I want to play RFB and it isn't currently compatible with 1.5. Hence the request for RSRD that works with 1.4, at least for me, has notghing to do with the Uboat expansion.
A new 1.5-compatible verson of RFB will be released soon. Be patient.
And just how long does it take to become patient? . . . hmm. . . well come on, I haven't got all day.
Old 04-02-08, 08:18 PM   #842
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF
Quote:
yes, and I own that expansion. The problem is, I want to play RFB and it isn't currently compatible with 1.5. Hence the request for RSRD that works with 1.4, at least for me, has notghing to do with the Uboat expansion.
A new 1.5-compatible verson of RFB will be released soon. Be patient.
And just how long does it take to become patient? . . . hmm. . . well come on, I haven't got all day.
I know how you feel Able. I'm playing stock traffic. Although fun it just is not the same. Not to mention I'm playing stock everything else. I need my fix of RFB also. It is all coming though I've seen 'em working very hard.
Old 04-03-08, 03:10 AM   #843
tedhealy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 13

Maybe I've done too many careers out of Brisbane and I know where to go to find the juicy targets around the Solomons and Rabaul, but shouldn't there be more Japanese resistance in those areas, specifically around Rabaul early in the war? I've done many careers out of Brisbane in late 42/early 43 and the Bismarck Sea becomes my own personal playground where I could rack up 40k+ a patrol if I engaged every tanker or passenger liner with little to no protection I came across.

Just seems like Rabaul should be a bigger threat until spring/summer of 43 at least.
tedhealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-08, 10:33 PM   #844
conmcloud
Watch

Downloads: 6
Repeating Problem

Hi everyone,
I don't know how to ready the RSRD missions cooridintates yet if anyone can help me, second I keep getting the same mission on patroling off luzon over and ovaer again. Is that suppose to happen. Even when I leave from pearl harbor it's the same mission. Do I have to reinstall the 1.4 patch again?

Thanks
conmcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-08, 01:12 PM   #845
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by conmcloud
Hi everyone,
I don't know how to ready the RSRD missions cooridintates yet if anyone can help me, second I keep getting the same mission on patroling off luzon over and ovaer again. Is that suppose to happen. Even when I leave from pearl harbor it's the same mission. Do I have to reinstall the 1.4 patch again?

Thanks
I installed RSRD after 1.4, if that helps.
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-08, 01:48 PM   #846
peewee
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 32

I have a bug which I think originates in RSRD V355 which I have running on SH4 V1.5. I have had the same 'fast convoy' appear on several missions. It appears at first to be one large passenger carrier accompanied by two smaller merchants. The two smaller ships are constantly zigzagging behind the large ship almost as if they are having to do that to keep station.......as the convoy gets closer to my sub the large ship begins to split into two ships (actually, if I go to the external camera and hover close to the large ship, I get the sound effect of two ships colliding even before this split starts). If I knew how to find this convoy in the mission editor maybe I could do something with it to change this behavior. Can anyone help with this?

peewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-08, 02:44 PM   #847
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by peewee
I have a bug which I think originates in RSRD V355 which I have running on SH4 V1.5. I have had the same 'fast convoy' appear on several missions. It appears at first to be one large passenger carrier accompanied by two smaller merchants. The two smaller ships are constantly zigzagging behind the large ship almost as if they are having to do that to keep station.......as the convoy gets closer to my sub the large ship begins to split into two ships (actually, if I go to the external camera and hover close to the large ship, I get the sound effect of two ships colliding even before this split starts). If I knew how to find this convoy in the mission editor maybe I could do something with it to change this behavior. Can anyone help with this?

Do you have a "date" and location of where this happen ?
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-08, 03:14 PM   #848
peewee
Electrician's Mate

I went back to the save I made just before this happened and it appears to be about 138deg E 25deg N approx 150 miles W of Iwo Jima Feb 12th/13th 1943 It also happened on an earlier cruise Dec 1942/Jan 1943 in the Bismarck Sea NW of Rabaul
Old 04-06-08, 03:42 PM   #849
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
I went back to the save I made just before this happened and it appears to be about 138deg E 25deg N approx 150 miles W of Iwo Jima Feb 12th/13th 1943 It also happened on an earlier cruise Dec 1942/Jan 1943 in the Bismarck Sea NW of Rabaul

I will look into it
Old 04-06-08, 04:09 PM   #850
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
I will look into it
Found the problem. Have 2 campagin layers that have the same track in them. Will be releasing a patch in a day or so that corrects this problem along with some other changes. Thanks for finding this bug.

Lurker
Old 04-06-08, 04:37 PM   #851
peewee
Electrician's Mate

wow, you guys are quick..:-) I hope I didnt cause you a ton of work......the rest of the mod is great......I guess I should have said that before. Thanks for all your efforts in making this game so much more enjoyable.......
Old 04-06-08, 07:57 PM   #852
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
wow, you guys are quick..:-) I hope I didnt cause you a ton of work......the rest of the mod is great......I guess I should have said that before. Thanks for all your efforts in making this game so much more enjoyable.......
Because of your pic's and date / location info was able the find the problem in less then 10 minutes. I wish other would follow you example, it makes trouble shooting a lot easier
Old 04-06-08, 10:02 PM   #853
peewee
Electrician's Mate

you're most welcome............ and if you ever need extra testers.........give me a shout.............
Old 04-06-08, 10:40 PM   #854
conmcloud
Watch

Downloads: 6

Lurker any luck with my problem?
conmcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-08, 06:04 AM   #855
bluedingo
Swabbie

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by conmcloud
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Are you installing the mod and loading up whilst on patrol? (After starting a mission)
bluedingo is offline   Reply With Quote