SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-27-08, 12:36 AM   #751
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

WARNING

Do not use “any” version of RSRDC with the U-Boat ADD-ON. Based on the limited information that I have seen, RSRDC with “NOT” be compatible with 1.5. When I get the ADD-ON and do a code review I will release a version that will work with it.

PS

Due to “real world” ops I will be off line for one to two weeks.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 08:01 PM   #752
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Thanks a million Lurker!!! RSRD is integral to good game play!
Old 02-29-08, 08:07 AM   #753
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Lurker, I've you've not seen yet, one thing you will notice is that many merchants now show up in one of three new categories: Rare Merchant, Rare Tanker, and Rare Troop Transport. Don't know how that affects your merchant layers, but I thought I'd just let you know.

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-08, 11:14 AM   #754
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF
Lurker, I've you've not seen yet, one thing you will notice is that many merchants now show up in one of three new categories: Rare Merchant, Rare Tanker, and Rare Troop Transport. Don't know how that affects your merchant layers, but I thought I'd just let you know.
Is this because of 1.5?

...It was at this point, Captain AkbarGulag realised how green his crew was..."
AkbarGulag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-08, 03:55 PM   #755
theluckyone17
Captain

Downloads: 103

Yep... the new categories are in 1.5.

I played around with the Museum to see the new ships, and noted that you can actually browse the models via their category, now... which is kinda neat. Otherwise, I'd have never known.
theluckyone17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-08, 04:01 PM   #756
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Default Well—lotsa warnings!

And that means that in spite of the fact that I paid for and downloaded the U-Boat Add-on, either it will not be installed until you come back or I figure out MultiSH4. You've spoiled me and I value RSRD more than an add-on I paid for. Thought you'd like to know!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-08, 05:04 PM   #757
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

MultiSH4 is not working with 1.5 since the filemanager.dll file has changed.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-08, 06:39 PM   #758
castorp345
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
either it will not be installed until you come back or I figure out MultiSH4.
for what it's worth, personally i just use two installs of SH4...

install once, add my fav mods, then rename that SH4 install dir to something else (zb x_Silent Hunter 4); then "uninstall" SH4 from the control panel (this won't effect the installation files you just made, only the reg entries), then reinstall & add whatever you want (1.5, TM, RFB, whatev)...
both (or multiples) run then equally fine.

nb this assumes, of course, that one has ample hd space for multiple full installs...

cheers
hc
castorp345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-08, 09:25 PM   #759
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckyone17
Yep... the new categories are in 1.5.

I played around with the Museum to see the new ships, and noted that you can actually browse the models via their category, now... which is kinda neat.
It's always been like that.

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-08, 12:34 PM   #760
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

RSRDC V310 for SH4 v1.5

This version of RSRDC is for SH4 v1.5 ( U-boat Add-on ). This version is a role up of v300 and all v300 related patches. The only changes to this version was to make changes to support running on SH4 1.5

Install with JSGME

Link

http://files.filefront.com/RSRDC+V31.../fileinfo.html
Old 03-01-08, 12:51 PM   #761
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

awesome!!!
Old 03-03-08, 05:37 PM   #762
Malakie
Bosun

Downloads: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3

RSRDC V310 for SH4 v1.5

This version of RSRDC is for SH4 v1.5 ( U-boat Add-on ). This version is a role up of v300 and all v300 related patches. The only changes to this version was to make changes to support running on SH4 1.5

Install with JSGME

Link

http://files.filefront.com/RSRDC+V31.../fileinfo.html

HI I think I have found a problem....

I have SH4 1.5 installed. I have installed RSRDCv310 for SH4 v1.5. That is the ONLY mod I have installed.

Started a campaign.

I have now played for almost a year in the campaign. Even won a medal of honor.. How? I have no idea. Anyway, the problem is this.... I have sunk many, many merchants of differing sizes. I have come across what I thought were convoys and when I radioed in, was told to sink the convoy by message...yet the convoys are JUNKS. All of the ships in the convoys!!

Second, I have not seen nor come across a single warship. Not one! Not a destroyer, cruiser, sub hunter... nothing. I have seen aircraft but NO warships of any kind. All ships I come across are either merchants or junks.

Finally, almost every single ship I hit, 99 %, blows up when hit. I mean blows up big time. Now I am all for cool effects and such, but in reality, most ships actually list, perhaps have a small fire onboard and a small amount of smoke from the damaged section.. They then slowly sink, roll over or break apart.

Just a note, this was a clean SH4 install with the new expansion. And again ONLY RSRDC V310 for SH4 v1.5 is installed at this time.

Any ideas?

Malakie
Malakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-08, 06:12 PM   #763
SgtWalt65
Torpedoman

Downloads: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhealy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV
I just have been waiting for someone to say that.

Realism is one thing, waiting for 8 weeks ingame in straits like between borneo and celebes without seeing a single ship is another thing.
Maybe just unlucky? With careers out of Brisbane or Fremantle, I always run into at least 2 or 3 targets in choke points before I even get close to my patrol area with RSRD.
Wish I could say that. Last 3 patrols I have had zero contacts, even in the choke points in straights. I have had to end my missions by going into harbors and sinking merchants at anchor. Rabaul only had 1 coastal patrol boat and I sailed right under its keel without it even detecting me and my sonar operator never ever reported it. Only reason I knew it was there was to go to sonar station myself, track it and raise my scope to ID it. No other destroyers at Rabaul in Dec. 43?
BTW my sonar man finally did report it after I had past it by 2 nm's and it was behind me. I'm suspecting my sonar operator is a traitor, which is why I started checking the sonar myself. Same with radar. I can see ships on radar that my RO want report to me until I am practically on top of them. Even then its usually the deck watch that spots them first.
The skills on the RO and SO's are pretty high. Two being 100 Leader, 150 Electrical, and 150 Watcher ( cost me alot ) the others being 133 to 144 Elec / Watch with around 60-70 leader.
Also, my patrols start with a task force out of Milne Bay.

Last edited by SgtWalt65; 03-03-08 at 06:27 PM.
SgtWalt65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-08, 09:35 PM   #764
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakie

HI I think I have found a problem....

I have SH4 1.5 installed. I have installed RSRDCv310 for SH4 v1.5. That is the ONLY mod I have installed.

Started a campaign.

I have now played for almost a year in the campaign. Even won a medal of honor.. How? I have no idea. Anyway, the problem is this.... I have sunk many, many merchants of differing sizes. I have come across what I thought were convoys and when I radioed in, was told to sink the convoy by message...yet the convoys are JUNKS. All of the ships in the convoys!!

Second, I have not seen nor come across a single warship. Not one! Not a destroyer, cruiser, sub hunter... nothing. I have seen aircraft but NO warships of any kind. All ships I come across are either merchants or junks.

Finally, almost every single ship I hit, 99 %, blows up when hit. I mean blows up big time. Now I am all for cool effects and such, but in reality, most ships actually list, perhaps have a small fire onboard and a small amount of smoke from the damaged section.. They then slowly sink, roll over or break apart.

Just a note, this was a clean SH4 install with the new expansion. And again ONLY RSRDC V310 for SH4 v1.5 is installed at this time.

Any ideas?

Malakie

Quote:
When ships ( more than two ) are grouped together the system call it a “Convoy”. What you running into are fishing fleets.

Quote:
RSRDC is not and “arcade game” but a recreation of “Historical” IJN ops in WW2, IJN units out there you just got to know were to look for them “Historical”.

Quote:
All stock ships are “empty”, no fuel or ammo as cargo. About 35% of all IJN Merchants have fuel or ammo as cargo.

The Mod is working as design
Old 03-04-08, 01:12 AM   #765
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
...The Mod is working as design
..and BRAVO!!!!! for that, Lurker! Historical reality is what real Simmers want!
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote