SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-25-17, 12:25 PM   #1
eazrael
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Getting IXB & Understanding SH3 Commander

Running SH3 with LSH15.

Okay, my problem is I am getting tired of my old VIIB and want the IXB. Since the first radio message in fall '39 announcing the availability of the IXB, I am doing my Feindfahrten just in the hope to be able to purchase the IXB on my return. I am now in Aug '40, just returned to Lorient after flotilla 2 moved there and still have my VIIB, still with the first conning tower.
So i started digging around finding forum threads telling you that can get it as soon as it anounced, or after you moved to Lorient. Apparently both a wrong.

If understand the flotilla.cfg correcly IXB becomes available in Jan '41. Okay, 5 months to go.

So I started toying around with SH3 commander. Unfortunately I started the game all the time from the Shortcut and not from SH3C. There is a option "Historic U-boat availability dates", which should override the normal dates with the U-boat availibility.cfg from SH3C. I turned the option on, started SH3 from SH3C and loaded a savegame where I am in Lorient. And nope, nothing to buy. So I exited the game and loaded a savegame before entering Lorient and still nothing to buy.

In the SH3C there's an option to edit your sub, but the only option I have is to remove my deck gun.

So my questions are:
1) To my understanding SH3C are only temporary, after closing the game the standard configs will be restored. So to use the new U-boat availabilities, I have to start the game via SH3c. Is that correct? Or does LSH15 hook or patch SH3C overrides into the standard game?

2) Will changing SH3C options affect existing games or does this not work for savegames? I could imagine that all configs are compiled into the savegame when the career was started and modified configs are never read

3) Can the edit boat function in SH3C really only remove the deck gun? The manual does not give any examples what can be done.

4) Any chance of cheating into an IXB? So far I have not found any savegame editor.

Would be nice if somebody could enlighten me.
eazrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 01:07 PM   #2
Harm
Seaman

Downloads: 38

To get the IXb, you must apply for the transfer to the "Erprobungsstelle Kiel". Then you have to take a test ride with the IX and after return you have apply for transfer back to your flotilla.

Take a look here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...0&postcount=51 and http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...8&postcount=52

P.S.
I just noticed that you come from germany. If you are looking for a German-speaking forum, test https://www.designmodproject.de/foru...ilent-hunter-3.

Last edited by Harm; 05-25-17 at 02:09 PM.
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 02:44 PM   #3
eazrael
Nub

Downloads: 0

Thanks for the fast answer on this topic.

When I received the message (German Version) I read it that the testing department (Erpropungsstelle) approved the sub and will delivered, not that I need to fetch it.
This thread somehow eluded my google searches.
eazrael is offline   Reply With Quote