SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-29-15, 01:09 PM   #166
Marshall Ney
Loader

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 0
Default Hi, back from vaca from SubsSims

I have tried to get this to work; but am running into get a correct path to load mod!!

I tried loading/installing from disc also but can't get 1.4 update loaded properly; says on sights 1.4 but when install application runs, it says 1.00.1.3; so game won't even launch!! Is there a sight that has a true 1.4 update that works. I have Vista OS and tried putting disc copy on just Program Files, not PG(x86). and 2 different updates didn't take.

Also, I have seen that some people have been able to get this mod to work with
Steam; I have an 1.4 version of SHIII on Steam, but your mod exc. won't let me put the mod in C:\PG(x86)\Steam\Steam apps\common\SilentHunterIII. If someone has used Steam version(I would prefer this) successfully, please give me exact path to use to extract Mod files. I am now almost 4 hours trying to get this to work!!

JK, aka MN
Marshall Ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-15, 03:00 PM   #167
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 588
Uploads: 30

Default PATCHING SH3 TO 1.4

Hi marshal Ney

If your SH3 Disc is only 4/5 years old & didn't come with the manual booklet & glossy map & it says FOCUS or revival on the bottom right of your DVD case then your sh3 is already patched but if your SH3 is the Original 2005
Release then heres the patches from the Ubisoft support site
you have to download the right patch USA or Europe DVD or Download Version of the game
hope this helps

http://www.silenthunteriii.com/uk/updates.php

Last edited by blackswan40; 09-29-15 at 03:08 PM.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-15, 03:45 PM   #168
Marshall Ney
Loader

Default Not working

I have tried 3 different download sites for this 1.4b update; everyone says it's a 1.4 when I download, but when I exc. the updater says updating from 1.01>1.3 and game won't launch, because it says I need windows 95!!!! Crazy!!!

Here is my path for trying this disc. install, C:\Program files\Ubisoft\SilentHunter\. Is this sufficient???? I'm going nuts here.

I saw one person relating to Steam say change file name from SilentHunter3>SilentHunterIII. Anything to this????

thanks,

MN
Old 09-29-15, 04:05 PM   #169
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 588
Uploads: 30

Hi Again I think your trying to patch SH3 that's already patched if your game case look like these two Images then its already patched

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...yL._AA160_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...GL._AA160_.jpg

these two versions of SH3 Came out 2008 onwards much cheaper than the £24.99 $40.00 Original 2005 release heres a way to test in your SH3 Version is Already patched 1.4 can you run the game with out your DVD in your drive if you can then your SH3 is already Patched to 1.4

Last edited by blackswan40; 09-29-15 at 04:19 PM.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-15, 06:13 PM   #170
Marshall Ney
Loader

Default Sorry

I just can't figure this out; first off, Blackswan40, thanks for your efforts.

BUT the download for the 1.4b is not working; Again 3, 4 times now, I down load one of these for the disc., not internet, put in the path, and it says it's upgrading, but when go to exc. to launch game, right clikck and look at the properites, it still says 1.01. AND also when I launch updater exc., all say upgrading from 1.01>1.30(???). If I hover over the upgrade launcher, it indicates 1.04. I am going to drop the whole Ubisoft\SH3 file in
Program Files(x86), and if the download will upgrade there, because I have noticed the default download is Program Files(x86).

If that doesn't work, then I'll wait until tomorrow, so I don't scream load and disturb my neighbors. It didn't work, won't let me load mod, keeps saying wrong path, no way to load files, or something like that.

Thanks,

MN

I was able to find a download(worthplaying) that upgraded the game in the Program files(x86) but game won't launch; going to see if this will now accept mod!! It didn't work, mod launcher won't accept any of my paths. I am at a loss,

Last edited by Marshall Ney; 09-29-15 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-30-15, 03:19 AM   #171
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Ney View Post
I have tried 3 different download sites for this 1.4b update; everyone says it's a 1.4 when I download, but when I exc. the updater says updating from 1.01>1.3 and game won't launch, because it says I need windows 95!!!! Crazy!!!
Try this:

http://www.gamecopyworld.com/games/p...hunter_3.shtml

Old 09-30-15, 02:32 PM   #172
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

To take a picture you use CTRL+F11
I like to take a picture of my crew at the start of each new patrol, 50 + pictures.
I am just starting my 8th patrol. (1 ctd to date)
The problem is that the WO keeps saying "firing at will" each time the CTRL+F11 keys are pressed.
I have looked in the set keys application but cannot see if there is a way round this.
Any ideas?

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-15, 03:06 PM   #173
Marshall Ney
Loader

Default Still Trying

I have followed the suggestions from Magic1111 & Blackswan40, to the best of my ability. Right clicking on game launcher says it's 1.4. I downloaded fix exc.; however, when I tried to extract to SH3, said could not do, so I dragged&dropped the individual files into SH3 after deleting old files with same name. Don't know if this would work!!??

So far, no matter what I do, this mod will not load into game, either with disc. files or Steam. It keeps saying "Sh3 must not be installed in this path. Please install anywhere else. Spaces not allowed in file name or path." So, my paths are mucked up!!!?? So I hope someone can tell me how to correct one of the following paths; 1). disc loaded; patched 1.4 is, C:\Program Files(x86)\Ubisoft\SilentHunter3.
2).Steam>ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\ SilentHunter3.

thanks in advance,

Mn:
Old 09-30-15, 03:15 PM   #174
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
So I hope someone can tell me how to correct one of the following paths; 1). disc loaded; patched 1.4 is, C:\Program Files(x86)\Ubisoft\SilentHunter3.
2).Steam>ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\ SilentHunter3.
Did you have read the LSH Install Guide very carefully?

http://www.lsh3.com/dl/v15/LSH3-EDIT...LLATION_EN.pdf

It is important, that you install the Main Game (not LSH) not in ...\ProgramFiles(x86)\...!!!!

Please use another Install Path, e.g. C:\Games\SilentHunter3, or what ever...but not ProgramFiles(x86)!!!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 09-30-15, 06:49 PM   #175
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

My Base is in Wilhelmshaven > Flotilla 2 > U-boat type IXB.
I am on my way to patrol grid BF48
I have had a radio message to say that there is a new base at Bordeaux.
This is 1000km from BF48
Do I still have to return to Wilhelmshaven?
If yes?
Can I transfer to Bordeaux?
Current date is July 5th 1940

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-15, 03:36 AM   #176
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

@ Peter

You can normally sail to your Patrol grid, made the 24h in the grid, and continue the patrol as always.

But your new home base is now Bordeaux.

It means, at the ending of your current patrol you must now sail to Bordeaux and finish there your patrol.

Best regards,
Magic
Old 10-01-15, 07:07 AM   #177
Marshall Ney
Loader

Default You won't believe this

I finally got this mod to load AND work!!!! Magic, you observation that I may not have read the directions carefully was spot on. Once, I spotted how to get the path right, the mod loaded; BUT the first download of the mod was corrupted and I had to re-load. The loading screen for first mission almost through me. It took 10-11 mins. to get to the boat. But oh what a relief.

Liston, I only do this kind of modding once a year. I use the modding-for-dummies via Steam, so don't think to bad of me. I had to put my reading glasses on to see what the exact path was suppose to be.

Anyways thanks guys & good hunting,

MN
Old 10-01-15, 07:36 AM   #178
nik112
Captain

Downloads: 367
Default ship wakes

Hi
When installing "LSH3_V5.1_SLS_Schiffshorn-Leuchtkugeln-Seenotsignal".mod from 2010 edition some ships ( such as hunt,tribal dd, flower corvette)
loosing their wake and looking like sliding in water surface.
Which way may i fix it?

btw if i dissable mod wake comes back
cheers
nik112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-15, 08:57 AM   #179
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
I finally got this mod to load AND work!!!! Magic, you observation that I may not have read the directions carefully was spot on.
Really good news!

Happy Hunting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik112 View Post
When installing "LSH3_V5.1_SLS_Schiffshorn-Leuchtkugeln-Seenotsignal".mod from 2010 edition some ships ( such as hunt,tribal dd, flower corvette)
loosing their wake and looking like sliding in water surface.
Which way may i fix it?
Do you play furthermore the v5.1 version, or the new Edition 2015 version?

When you play the Edition 2015 version, please note that in the download package are two new compatible versions:

_LSH-2015_SLS_SpecialEffects OR

_LSH-2015_SLS_SpecialEffectsBig

Please use one of this AddOns!

Old 10-03-15, 08:21 AM   #180
Marshall Ney
Loader

Default help please

I am having problems(cts) when the mission screen if loading, because, I think, I am adjusting(adding or subtracting) additional mod options. Even, readjusting the Hsie options box, seems to stop the game from fully loading. The screen gets to the boat screen, with the video beginning to fade in & the CTD happens.

Is the re-adjusting, adding/subtracting causing the CTD?; is the solution not to do any of this with once a career is started???? This my observation from 2 adjustments; one where I took out the bunker mod, tried three times to re-load, CTD, reloaded bunker, saved game re-loaded fine. Can't remember default for Hsie option, so present saved game won't load.

Also, can a player not delete older saved game parts, without, deleting all saves for a particular career. I click on the first save in(like "in base before mission 1"),(I was about to begin mission 3) thinking that's what would be deleted. However, I lost all saves for that career, and had to start a new career!!! If earlier saves can be deleted please tell how.

Considering it takes approx. 12-13 min per mission launch, these problems are taking the edge off the enthusiasm for this great mod.

Thanks,

MN