Closed Thread

Old 04-08-10, 03:42 AM   #271
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanC View Post
That will happen in forums. Like it or not people don't do enough reading and will post something that was said already. Heck, go to the SH3 forum and people are asking the same questions that were asked since 2005. Or just last week here, we had three threads asking about the gramophone. It's not deliberate spamming or trolling, hence the illusion I was referring to.
I hear ya. Seeing posts asking questions that are answered in the sticky post one above theirs is quite annoying, but that's how it is. Not everyone is gonna read every post just to avoid repetition. And even so, they're likely gonna want their version to be heard, even if 20 others have said the same thing immediately before them. Nothing wrong with that (although there's nothing I loathe more than being in a meeting where a decision has been made yet people still want to put their 2c worth of agreeance in, but that's me, and I just grin and bear it and tell my subordinates that I'll shoot them if I hear them do it).

However, having said that, there certainly is a number of people here who one can expect to deliver the same diatribe (good or bad) at every opportunity. Some may be surprised, but it's not just the "this game sux" people either; there are others that are quite happy to troll and spam the other way too. It's certainly at a point where at least I know the people who will jump into a thread based solely on the title of the thread. I have yet to be disappointed.

And look, here I am posting here. Who'da thunk it?
Old 04-08-10, 06:33 AM   #272
thyro
Commander

Location: on a rock surrounded by water, that people call it UK
Downloads: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
SH5 hates the troops!

So what? It's a computer game.

I tire of hearing this crap a thousand times a day. I don't care if you buy it or not. I really seriously don't. It makes absolutely zero difference to me what you do with your money. Why do people feel the need to tell me about it in 100 different threads? Do they go over to the Dangerous Waters forums and spam that forum with threads about why they don't play that game?

Just because your opinion is valid, doesn't mean you're not a jerk for spamming it all across as forum devoted to game owners to discuss the game they....you know....own.

Apologies to whomever said this first and if I paraphrase but, "Not buying SH5 does not make you the moral equivalent of Nelson Mandela."

BULLSH**. Your opinion is just that - YOUR OPINION. People should be able to come to a forum devoted to a game they like and discuss the game. They do not have to subscribe to your opinion to come to this forum. You're saying that every thread needs to have YOUR OPINION in it?

More BS...err...your opinion. It's not valid to you but that doesn't mean it's not valid to others. Forcing your opinion on others whether they like it or not just makes you a bully.

I've been avoiding commenting more in this rubish thread but I couldn't stop commenting regarding above post.

I'm sorry MM but I find your remarks bit offensive.

By reusing RR's comments I can see that you don't seem to get it do you... neither at least you tried to get the overall message, instead you seem be picky and used lowlevel language thinking that your argument is most valuable than others.

I subscrib RR's comments apart from few things that I disagree with him.

But if this subsim forum will be bound to just say good things about every rubish that UBI pulls out of their arsses then good luck subsim.com for the impartiality. In all this SH5 I can see two different fronts those pro (yes UBI we luv you even more from those UBI get on with your work and get it right!).

Both are right and at same time both are wrong, but both are entitle to post their opinions to counter balance the argument.

I think this thread should be locked because it only gathers flames rather than valid discussion and arguments.

Cheers

Old 04-08-10, 07:11 AM   #273
mikeydredd
Bosun

Downloads: 36
Default It's a game. A game.

Yes you are right - it is just a game.

The words "historical", "accurate", and "simulator" just don't apply.

For those of us that were expecting that it is a real disappointment.

And as for the DRM. . . .

Agree 110% with Rockin Robbins.

And I'm not a hater - I've bought ALL the previous silent hunters, and spent far too many hours over the years being equally entertained and frustrated by them.

Until this . . . whatever you want to call it.

Dredd
Old 04-08-10, 07:15 AM   #274
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
I know, the truth hurts when you are on the wrong side of an argument.

Dont feel bad, all the mindless SH5 haters feel the same way you do.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out, putz.
Come on, Bilge, no need to say that.
Old 04-08-10, 07:20 AM   #275
John Channing
Sea Lord

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones View Post
Some may be surprised, but it's not just the "this game sux" people either; there are others that are quite happy to troll and spam the other way too.
Can you give me a couple of examples of that type of post that does not fall under the following?

Quote:
...we want the Radio Room to be a civil, mature forum for discussions about naval and subsims, tactics, mods, playing tips, troubleshooting, and submarine topics in general.

JCC
Old 04-08-10, 07:24 AM   #276
St. Cobra
Watch

Downloads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Yes, I think it's entirely appropriate to paint those of us who love good submarine simulation but hate what Ubi has done with SH5 as marginalized non-participants to be silenced and banned if necessary. After all, it is expedient that Subsim give the impression that we are solidly behind the new game, no matter what. We should DEFINITELY be talking about what we like about the Titanic, rearranging the deck chairs and singing merrily in the first class lounge. It's just a little hole and everyone knows that this thing can't sink. Let's all just sing Kumbaya and swap recipes, why don't we.

It's not important that our fair use rights as copyrighted materials purchasers are being stolen. NAW!!!! Just enjoy talking with the cook about the soup. It doesn't matter that the game company in five minutes can shut down all the servers, denying every game owner the ability to play the game they bought. Just head to the engine room and tell the engine crew to make 8 knots. What fun! Never mind the fact that no sub captain ever did that in reality. It's called immersion, like it or you're not wanted here.

Folks, I'm here because I love submarine simulation. It has nothing whatever to do with Silent Hunter 5 except that it is the latest Subsim du Jour. And it's a loser in nearly every respect. I'm here because I hate that. I'm here being vocal that my money is jingling in my pocket, reserved for a new submarine simulation that respects our rights, values our input and gives us value for the money we spend. I realize that not everyone believes they deserve to be treated well. I understand that purchasing a purposely insulting thing like Online "Services" (sneer!) Platform blows some people's skirts up. I know well that if you treat some people badly enough long enough they will demand it. This Titanic may have a few decent details, but they will soon be half a mile under the surface of the North Atlantic. Enjoy the ride. It's one I choose not to take and you'll excuse me if I urge others to abstain as well.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to be intimidated into shutting up. Not going to happen.
Good people won't be posting trash talk like 14 years old boys, good people know when to shut up.

Are you a politician? You sure sound like one.
Old 04-08-10, 07:25 AM   #277
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFemur View Post
"we must silence the opposition"
-Saul Alinsky

I suggest from now on authors should use

[Rant] for anti SH5 thread and [Rave] for a pro SH% thread in the title ie:
[Rant] SH5 sux

Old 04-08-10, 07:27 AM   #278
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165

I don't understand the logic of the OP. He agrees that SH5 sucks but then tells me I should buy it because it could suck even more? C'mon.

As long as SH5 has this always-online-thing a lot of people won't buy it. And I'm very glad that they are so many.

Old 04-08-10, 07:32 AM   #279
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyro View Post

I think this thread should be locked because it only gathers flames rather than valid discussion and arguments.

I aaree. Locked. And merged with the other duplicate topic.

Resisting the bad taste to take a final shot and then lock, let me repeat. No one is being asked to say only good things about SH5--how hard is it to understand that? It has been said many times here; criticize but do it with some sense. And if you are not going to play the game, make your comments and move on to games you are interested in.

Tags
best subsim, bug, complaints, drama, drm, far too silly, sh5