SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-26-17, 02:26 PM   #1
SikasyExa
Nub

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0
Default Problem with installing OperationMonsun

Hello,

well it's my first topic and I have a question about installing OperationMonsun (v720 Patch5).
Game version is SilentHunter4 - UBoatMissions (CD, not Steam).

I tried to install it with JSGME and I can run the game, till the problems appear.
Apart from some missing textures/missions, I get always a crash if I choose the new submarines or try to start a German carrier (missions too).
I also would like it to run the H-44 mod, I saw OM is necessary to run it.

Sadly I don't know how to find the solution in this forum, so thanks for your answers!

(Sorry, English isn't my mother tongue)
SikasyExa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-17, 02:27 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard firsttime poster!

SikasyExa!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-17, 09:47 PM   #3
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

What I did was to patch outside the game using windows explorer folders.

Download and extract;

OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch5

Then I created a new folder on the desktop, named it Monsuncomb.
Opened the Monsuncomb folder in one explorer window, opened OpsMonsun_V705 in another window. Copied the Data folder, pasted into Monsuncomb.
Back to first window, opened OMv705_to_V720, copy Data folder.
Switch to Monsuncomb folder, paste, click "Yes to all" for the overwrite warning. Repeat for OMv720_Patch5.

That way you now have a folder with all the earliest files overwritten by any later files with the same name, so copy the combined Monsuncomb folder into the mods folder, no worries about correct order since you only have one mod to activate.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-17, 01:33 PM   #4
SikasyExa
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper297 View Post
What I did was to patch outside the game using windows explorer folders.

Download and extract;

OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OMv720_Patch5

Then I created a new folder on the desktop, named it Monsuncomb.
Opened the Monsuncomb folder in one explorer window, opened OpsMonsun_V705 in another window. Copied the Data folder, pasted into Monsuncomb.
Back to first window, opened OMv705_to_V720, copy Data folder.
Switch to Monsuncomb folder, paste, click "Yes to all" for the overwrite warning. Repeat for OMv720_Patch5.

That way you now have a folder with all the earliest files overwritten by any later files with the same name, so copy the combined Monsuncomb folder into the mods folder, no worries about correct order since you only have one mod to activate.
Thanks for your hint.
Now I can start the campaign, but why I get every time a crash when I try to open the museum? :S
Old 05-27-17, 01:56 PM   #5
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 206

Default Need more info...

What are your system specs; what OS are you using?

The OM package you're installing adds a huge number of ships, aircraft and other stuff to the game...do you have enough RAM and hard-drive storage memory to deal with it? Even so, the OM MOD support documentation carries warning notes about the Museum...it will CTD for several reasons.

If you have a 64-bit OS you should also install the 4-GB patch (or is it the "Large Address Aware" patch?) to allow the game to function better on your system. That sometimes makes it possible to get into the Museum...and sometimes not.

If you provide a little more information, someone who knows a lot more about these things than I do, will come along to help you solve the problems.
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-17, 02:13 PM   #6
SikasyExa
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBones View Post
What are your system specs; what OS are you using?

The OM package you're installing adds a huge number of ships, aircraft and other stuff to the game...do you have enough RAM and hard-drive storage memory to deal with it? Even so, the OM MOD support documentation carries warning notes about the Museum...it will CTD for several reasons.

If you have a 64-bit OS you should also install the 4-GB patch (or is it the "Large Address Aware" patch?) to allow the game to function better on your system. That sometimes makes it possible to get into the Museum...and sometimes not.

If you provide a little more information, someone who knows a lot more about these things than I do, will come along to help you solve the problems.
Win7 64bit, 16GB RAM, good processor/grafic card, 600GB free storage.

What patch do you mean, can you tell me more about it?

Btw. the LAA sounds obvious, I used it for other games too.
How should I continue in this case? I changed/modded a lot of other games or even did own custom things, its the first time I fail in such an easy thing haha
Old 05-27-17, 02:37 PM   #7
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

CapnScurvy has a really good write-up on it - makes a world of difference on getting the museum to run in Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-17, 02:50 PM   #8
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 206

AFAIK, your system and OS should be able to run SH4/OM smoothly.

Look for the 4GB patch in the Downloads section under SH4 Game Patches.

Although the description says it is for Win XP, it's really for enabling the SH game engine (or any other "old" programs built for 32bit OS) to use up to 4GB of system RAM, if I remember the discussions here correctly. I don't know if it can be/should be used along with LAA; I use it for both SH3 and SH4 and it seems to work well in smoothing out some of the problems related to things like size of content/number of files in the SEA folders from several of the "mega MODs" available.

BTW, even though I have a similar system and the same OS, I still have problems opening the SH4/OM Museum from time to time.

Maybe someone else with more expertise will come along to help.

What did I tell ya'? Someone with more expertise...

Use the link propbeanie provided or go directly to the SH4 forum and follow CapnScurvy's guidance and you should be "good to go".

Last edited by CaptBones; 05-28-17 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Better info...
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote