SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-13-16, 08:56 PM   #2596
Lt commander lare
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 781
Uploads: 35
radar

Hi I started my Campaign and did my first war patrol no issues I took out a entire convoy well done will report status after I'm back from 2nd war patrol no graphics issues.

Lt Commander Lare
Old 11-13-16, 10:10 PM   #2597
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt commander lare View Post
Hi I started my Campaign and did my first war patrol no issues I took out a entire convoy well done will report status after I'm back from 2nd war patrol no graphics issues.

Lt Commander Lare

Keep at'em, Cdr. Don't let up on'em for a minute.

I've spent the afternoon and this evening getting my missions back up to speed. Hope to get more done tomorrow.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-16, 08:03 AM   #2598
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator857 View Post
Heading in for some more testing today. First thing I noticed after installing the newest build is that the target ship in the torpedo school is missing. Only boat is a small fishing sampan.

Jack
OK Jack, the target ship is the CA Mogami, as in stock, and we have somehow set its Type incorrectly in the data files. We'll get that patched-up also, and either do a small patch, or just save it for the next beta. Now, if I could just figure out why we're missing the two fishing boats that are in it from stock...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-16, 11:40 AM   #2599
bwchaney
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default nomograph

how do we remove the nomograph in fotrs 1.3? I know there is a way. Brian
Old 11-15-16, 01:10 PM   #2600
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

A standalone nomograph should suffice, there's some in the downloads section, ahhh found them, compare one or both of these nomograph files against the vanilla versions and you'll see the changes that have been made.
I use WinMerge to view edited files as its much easier than doing it by hand.

Imperial Nomograph with readme how-to for version 1.5
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=912

Metric Nomograph for version 1.5 with readme how-to
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=913

That menu_1024_768 ini file is a very complicated beast, you'd be wise to stay clear of it if you don't know what you're doing.
Old 11-15-16, 01:26 PM   #2601
bwchaney
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I just want to remove it, not replace it.
thanks brian
Old 11-15-16, 01:36 PM   #2602
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

So you want no-mo nomograph then... maybe we can do a "mod" to take it out... RR is probably the one for that, so as busy as he is, it might be a bit...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-16, 02:09 PM   #2603
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

No-mo-nomograph, eh? Well the nomograph lurks in the /data/menu subdirectory in the giant octopus garbage heep configuration file Menu_1024_768.ini. This file puts its greasy hands in dozens of different areas of the game, so a nomograph mod will mess up eight or ten areas of your game if you're running a modded game.

So here's how to edit Menu_1024_768.ini so you keep the settings you want and get rid of the nomograph. First, load up the file in gedit er.... I mean notepad. Once it's loaded press <ctrl-F> for a find window and type "nomograph."

That should take you to a block of code that looks something like this one from Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate:
Quote:
[G31 I60]
Name=Nomograph
Type=1030;Static bmp
ItemID=0x3100000f
ParentID=0x31000000
Pos=0,0,200,720
Zone=0 768 200 720 2 1 0x31000000 0.76 -0.02 0x3100000f 0 0 0 0
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
Materials=1
Display=2;Linear
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/nomograph.tga
MatFlags=0x9
TexFmt=0x0
I believe all you have to do is put semicolons in front of all the lines you don't want, which would be all the lines quoted above or your near equivalent. You could delete them entirely, but the semicolon is easily reversible.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-16, 02:17 PM   #2604
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
No-mo-nomograph, eh? Well the nomograph lurks in the /data/menu subdirectory in the giant octopus garbage heep configuration file Menu_1024_768.ini. This file puts its greasy hands in dozens of different areas of the game, so a nomograph mod will mess up eight or ten areas of your game if you're running a modded game.

So here's how to edit Menu_1024_768.ini so you keep the settings you want and get rid of the nomograph. First, load up the file in gedit er.... I mean notepad. Once it's loaded press <ctrl-F> for a find window and type "nomograph."

That should take you to a block of code that looks something like this one from Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate:
I believe all you have to do is put semicolons in front of all the lines you don't want, which would be all the lines quoted above or your near equivalent. You could delete them entirely, but the semicolon is easily reversible.
The boss has the right of it. Also remember to save your changes when you exit the Menu_1024_768.ini or your changes won't take effect.

Old 11-15-16, 02:20 PM   #2605
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt commander lare View Post

Lt Commander Lare
Lt Commander, please follow me, the admiral would like to have a word with you. If you need to go to the bathroom, it's advisable to do it now before we enter his office.....No, sir, virtually nothing to worry about. I'm sure after your behind heals you'll be good as new in several weeks......the admiral will see you now, sir!

Son, have a seat. Now consider carefully. What were your instructions before being sent on your last cruise?

Well, sir, I was to patrol, find shipping and put it on the bottom. I did well, did I not?

Was there anything else?

Not that I can think of, sir....

You were told to take Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition out there, work it to death, break it, bend it, mangle it and report on what broke! Instead you come flouncing back to port not having broken it, not having stressed it, not even bending it a teensy tinsy bit! "No graphics issues to report" you whine. My grandmama could have stressed it better than that and she's DEAD!"

You should be transferred to a garbage scow. But instead I'm going to give you one more chance. BREAK IT! Dismissed.

Well, how'd it go Lt Commander, sir? What's that wet spot on your trowsers? That's against uniform code you know.sir. Better not let the Admiral see that. Have a nice day, sir!

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 11-15-16 at 02:43 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-16, 05:36 PM   #2606
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Bah! you didn't even give him a kick in the pants.

Agent insertion missions to the Japanese mainland, I've just done one to Katsuura on the island of Honshu, I thought I read somewhere in this thread that you'd taken all of them out, or am I wrong.
Has anyone else ever done a risky insertion into a place that they didn't want to.
Old 11-15-16, 06:05 PM   #2607
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Bah! you didn't even give him a kick in the pants.

Agent insertion missions to the Japanese mainland, I've just done one to Katsuura on the island of Honshu, I thought I read somewhere in this thread that you'd taken all of them out, or am I wrong.
Has anyone else ever done a risky insertion into a place that they didn't want to.
You've read correctly, it's that just that they haven't been taken out yet. This should be remedied in the next Beta release though.

Old 11-15-16, 06:41 PM   #2608
BarracudaUAK
Captain

Downloads: 31

I thought I would post and let you gents know that I haven't really had time to play much, let alone break every routine in.... err, "beta test"...

The CT is a little laggy in the frame rate... it's almost as bad as when I try to use the 3D TDC and Radar Range Unit Mod with stock.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1901

Barracuda
BarracudaUAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-16, 07:05 PM   #2609
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracudaUAK View Post
I thought I would post and let you gents know that I haven't really had time to play much, let alone break every routine in.... err, "beta test"...

The CT is a little laggy in the frame rate... it's almost as bad as when I try to use the 3D TDC and Radar Range Unit Mod with stock.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1901

Barracuda
Just out of curiosity, what kind graphic card are you using?

Old 11-15-16, 07:27 PM   #2610
bwchaney
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

in windows 10 when I try to save changes to the menu file I get access denied when I try to save the changes. Brian